Give a Character Sketch of Griffins, Mrs Hall, Mr Hall and Officer Bobby Jaffers from Class 10 English Chapter 5 Footprints without Feet
See this post to understand the character sketch of Griffins, Mrs Hall, Mr Hall and Officer Bobby Jaffers from the lesson “Footprints without Feet” in Class 10 English! This post covers everything you need to know about Griffins and other characters from the lesson. We provide answers to questions related to character sketch of Griffins and other characters Mr Hall and Officer Bobby Jaffers) , including their traits, personalities, and motivations. Our explanations are easy to understand, and we offer examples from the lesson to support our points. Whether you’re a student looking to study for your exams or a teacher seeking to explain the lesson to your students, our post can be very helpful. So, read on and learn all about the character sketch of Griffins and other characters from the lesson!
- CBSE Class 10 English Lesson Explanation, Summary, Question Answers
- CBSE Class 10 English MCQ Questions with Answers
- Class 10 English First Flight word meaning
- Class 10 English First Flight Poems word meaning
- Class 10 English Footprints without Feet word meanings
- CBSE Class 10 English Important Questions (Chapter wise)
- Character Sketch of Class 10 English
Character Sketch of Griffins
Griffin was not a true scientist as he misused a scientific discovery. Griffin set fire to the home of his landlord. He stripped off his clothing and turned invisible to avoid being discovered. He sneaked into a large supermarket in London despite the bitter cold. He broke down packets and boxes. He stole clothing and food. He then went to a different store. He stole both money and goods. He assaulted the shopkeeper before fleeing. He then went to a local inn. There, he burglarized a clergyman’s home and took money. To take him into custody, a cop was dispatched. Griffin now removed his clothing and vanished from view. Griffin abused a scientific discovery, proving that he was not a legitimate scientist as he misappropriated a scientific finding.
Footprint Without Feet Overview – The story “Footprints without Feet” has as its central theme the caution against misusing science and its tremendous discoveries, as doing so can transform even the most brilliant scientist into a dangerous outlaw. Griffin, a scientist in the tale, misuses his important discovery and endangers society.
Some Questions on Character Sketch of Griffin
Q1. Who is Griffin and what is his physical appearance like?
Q2. What is Griffin’s personality like?
Q3. What motivates Griffin to turn himself invisible?
Q4. How does Griffin’s invisibility affect his relationships with others?
Q5. What is the significance of the ending of the story for Griffin’s character?
Q6. Science can be a boon or a bane. Throw light on this with reference to the characters of Griffins and Richard Ebright
Character Sketch of Mrs Hall
Mrs. Hall, a warm and affable person who enjoys mingling with her visitors, is constantly irritated by the mysterious Invisible Man’s refusal to speak with her and his frequent outbursts. The Hall family is an ordinary one. Mrs. Hall nags Mr. Hall about drinking, and he consumes alcohol. Mrs. Hall lashes out at Millie, the serving girl, since Mr. Hall isn’t moving as quickly as she would want. Mrs. Hall, a minor character, is revealed to be fairly cunning but in a good way. She truly wants to know what caused the unusual man’s deformity since she believes he was involved in a terrible catastrophe. The motherly side of her wants to express sympathy. She is a very good innkeeper under the circumstances.
Some Questions on Character Sketch of Mrs. Hall
Q1. What kind of person is Mrs. Hall?
Q2. What is Mrs. Hall’s relationship with her husband?
Q3. How does Mrs. Hall react to the invisible man’s strange behavior?
Q4. What is Mrs. Hall’s role in the story?
Q5. How does Mrs. Hall change over the course of the story?
Character Sketch of Mr Hall
Mr. Hall is a hen-packed husband who dances on the tunes of his wife. He owns an inn in Iping. Along with his wife, he was in for a surprise when one morning they saw the door of the stranger’s room, open. When they went inside to investigate, they were in for a shock. The furniture seemed to be haunted as it moved and flew while attempting to attack them.
Some Questions on Character Sketch of Mr. Hall
Q1. Who is Mr. Hall, and what is his profession?
Q2. How does Mr. Hall react when he first sees the invisible man?
Q3. What is Mr. Hall’s personality like?
Q4. How does Mr. Hall’s character contribute to the overall theme of the story?
Related : Footprint Without Feet Question Answers
Character Sketch of Officer Bobby Jaffers
Bobby Jaffers is a brave constable of Iping Village. He is a courageous, assertive, and shockingly obedient man. He displays his bravery and does his utmost to capture the man when he is ordered by Magistrate Shuckle to make the arrest. At first, he displays an arrest warrant for the person he believes to be responsible for stealing Bunting’s money, but after observing the stranger’s aggressive behavior, he must be careful around Griffin. Although strong, Griffin beats him mercilessly and turns him black and blue, he persists until the very end. In spite of failing to apprehend Griffin, he displays his superiority and eventually faints.
Some Questions on Character Sketch of Officer Bobby Jaffers
Q1. Describe the physical appearance of Officer Bobby Jaffers.
Q2. How does Officer Bobby Jaffers react to the news of the invisible man’s presence in the town?
Q3. What is Officer Bobby Jaffers’ attitude towards the townspeople and his job?
Q4. How does Officer Bobby Jaffers use his skills and experience to try and catch the invisible man?
Q5. What is Officer Bobby Jaffers’ fate at the end of the story?
Also See :
Character Sketch of Class 10 English First Flight Book
- Character Sketch of Lencho and Postmaster | A Letter to God
- Character Sketch of Nelson Mandela | Chapter 2
- Character Sketch of Young Seagull | Two Stories About Flying Part 1 His First Flight
- Character Sketch of the Pilot | Two Stories About Flying Part 2 The Black Aeroplane
- Character Sketch of Mr Keesing and Anne Frank | From The Diary Of Anne Frank
- Character Sketch of Wanda, Maddie and Peggy | The Hundred Dresses – I
- Character Sketch of Miss Mason | The Hundred Dresses – II
- Character Sketch of Lucio Rodrigues, Rajvir and Pranjol | Glimpses of India
- Character Sketch of Gavin Maxwell and Mijbil | Mijbil The Otter
- Character Sketch of Valli and Bus Conductor | Madam Rides the Bus
- Character Sketch of Kisa Gotami and Gautama Buddha | Sermon at Benares
- Character Sketch of Natalya, Chubukov and Lomov | The Proposal
Character Sketch of Class 10 English Footprint without Feet Book
- Character Sketch of Mrs. Pumphrey, Tricki and Dr. Herriot | A Triumph of Surgery
- Character Sketch of Anil and Hari | The Thief’s Story
- Character Sketch of Max, Ausable and Fowler | The Midnight Visitor
- Character Sketch of Horace Danby | A Question of Trust