Nirma University announces Admission to Bachelor of Design Program 2022, Apply Now
Nirma University B.Des Admission – Institute of Design Nirma University, Ahmedabad invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program offered in Industrial Design and Communication Design in the Department of Design for the academic session 2022.
Interested candidates can check the post below for details on Nirma University B.Des Admissions 2022 like application form, eligibility criteria, important dates, selection process, etc.
Course Offered by Nirma University
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) : 40 Seats
- Bachelor of Design (Communication Design) : 40 Seats
Nirma University B.Des Admission Dates 2022
- Online Registration opens from : Wednesday, 1st December 2021
- Last Date of Registration : Thursday, 31st March 2022
- Declaration of Call letter of short-listed students for Design Entrance Test, Situation Test & Personal Interview* : Monday, 11th April 2022
- OFFLINE Situation Test & Interview Dates : Saturday 30th April 2022 to Monday 2nd May 2022
- Declaration of Merit List 1 : Tuesday 10th May 2022
- Declaration of Merit List 2 : Tuesday 24th May 2022
- Last date of payment of Fees : Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Foundation day and Orientation Programme : 25th to 29th July 2022
- Commencement of Semester I, Batch 2022 : Monday, 1st August 2022
Nirma University B.Des Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- The candidates seeking admission in the first year of degree programme leading to Bachelor of Design (BDes) shall have passed the HSC examination (10+2) or any other recognised examination considered equivalent by Nirma University with minimum 50% aggregate mark. OR
- The candidates holding 10+3 diploma approved by State Board of Technical Education or any other board/university considered equivalent by Nirma University with minimum 50% aggregate marks will also be eligible.
Nirma University B.Des Admission Application Process 2022
- Applicants should register a new user account in the website of Institute of Design, Nirma University to log into the online application form (https://design.nirmauni.ac.in/ or https://admissions-dd-nirmauni.ac.in/).
- The login details will be used for filling the admission form and checking the status of the application later.
- After successful login, the admission form will be displayed.
- Applicants need to fill their information in the online application form available on the website, with payment of the non-refundable application processing fees.
- The application processing fees under various categories are as follows:
- For General Quota Candidates : INR 2000/- + applicable taxes
- For NRI & NRI Sponsored Students : 3000/- + applicable taxes
- Payment Mode : Online by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- The selection process of admission to the Bachelor of Design program consists of the following stages:
- A. UCEED 2022 – Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design conducted by IIT Bombay.
- Admissions to the Bachelor of Design (BDes) programmes at Institute of Design, Nirma University is done through the shared results of the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) score conducted by IIT Bombay, the organising institute of the UCEED exam.
- Students who passed Class XII (or equivalent) in 2021 or appearing in 2022, in ANY STREAM (Science, Commerce or Arts and Humanities) are eligible to appear for UCEED 2022. For more details, please visit the website: http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/index.html OR
- B. NU-DET 2022– Design Entrance Test conducted by Institute of Design, Nirma University
- Admission to the Bachelor of Design (BDes) programmes at Nirma University is done through the Design Entrance Test conducted by the Institute of Design, Nirma University for the students who have not appeared in UCEED examination or those who would like to have an option of considering NU-DET score for final selection.
- Note : Students may apply in either UCEED or NU-DET category or can apply in BOTH. Payments for both will need to be done separately through the same Application ID.
- C. Situation Test and Personal Interview: The applicants shortlisted by the Admissions Committee, on the basis of performance in the UCEED / NU-DET will be invited for an OFFLINE Situation Test and Personal Interview.
- 1. The Situation Test will evaluate the design aptitude of applicants with the objective of measuring their skills in 2D and 3D visualisation, creativity, handling of materials and dexterity.
- 2. Personal Interview of candidates will evaluate general awareness, aptitude and interests, quality of responses to social and cultural issues and candidates’ ability to articulate their thoughts through creative work done by them.
- (This could include drawings, paintings, photographs, films/videos made by the student, craft work, project work, models, written work such as articles, stories, essays, poems, etc. This may be presented to the interview panel. Students should limit the portfolio to a maximum of 10 of their works in total.)
- * Additionally, the applicant shall present the necessary original documents for verification. (Two sets of photocopies of original documents to be presented.)
- D. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: CIWGC-SEA/PIO/OCI/FN: The international students can apply under one of the following two categories:
- Category 1 : Foreign nationals having non-Indian passports (FN), OR foreign students having a non-Indian passport and also having the OCI or PIO card (OCI/PIO) can apply under OCI/PIO/FN supernumerary category that has 10% seats reserved.
- Category 2 : Students whose parents are currently working in Gulf countries or South-East Asia can apply under CIWGC-SEA supernumerary category that has 5% seats reserved. The students must hold Indian passports and should have passed the qualifying exams either from India or outside of India.
- More details on number of seats, eligibility, fees, online application link, etc. can be found from following website: https://internationalrelations.nirmauni.ac.in/admissions
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website