Nirma University B.Des Admission 2019-20, Application, Eligibility, Dates
Dept. of Design, Nirma University, Ahmedabad Admission Open to B. Des Programs 2019-20
Nirma University B.Des Admission 2019-20 - Nirma University, Ahmedabad invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program offered in Industrial Design and Communication Design in the Department of Design for the academic session 2019-20. Interested candidates can check all the details of Bachelor of Design Admissions 2019-20 like application form, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure etc from this page give below.
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exam 2019
Dept. of Design
- Applications are invited from candidates appearing for UCEED 2019
- Design and innovation is the need of the hour not only as problem solving bust also to bring new ideas and technologies to fruition, using the design process and design thinking methods which are unique, inclusive and revolve around the actual get many technology and management inputs which would be a terrific advantage in their pursuit as problem solves.
- On offers is a 4 years B. Des Degree Program in Industrial Design as well as a 4 years B. Des Degree Program in Communication Design.
Nirma University B.Des Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- Online Application Forms for admission to Nirma University commence from 21st October 2018
- Last Date for Submitting Online Application Forms: 31st March 2019
- Last Date for Online Registration for UCEED-2019: 09th November 2019
- Situation Test and Personal Interview: 22nd April 2019 to 26th April 2019
- Declaration of Merit List: 01st May 2019
- B. Des Degree Program in Communication Design - 40 Seats
- B. Des Degree Program in Industrial Design - 40 Seats
- Upto 15% (fifteen percent) of intake is allocated for admission to NRI/NRI sponsored candidates. In addition to this, five percent seats are also allocated to Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Foreign Nationals and Children of Indian workers of Gulf countries and South East Asia for each category, i.e. 15% of total seats is available for admission under the Supernumerary category.
- The candidates seeking admission in the 1st year of Degree Program leading to Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) shall have passed the HSC Exam (10+2) or any other recognized examination from any stream (Science, Commerce and Arts & Humanities) considered as equivalent by Nirma University, in the respective Academic Year of admission or previous Academic Year from the year of admission
- The candidates holding 10+3 year Diploma approved by State Board of Technical Education or any other board/university as considered equivalent by Nirma University, in the respective Academic Year of admission or previous Academic Year from the year of admission.
Selection Process for Nirma University B.Des Admission 2019-20
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in UCEED 2019 Exam will be called for Situation Test and Personal Interview. The Situation Test and Personal Interview will be conducted at Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
- The candidates will be finally selected for admission based on the candidates' performance in the UCEED, Situation Test and Personal Interview.
- The following weightage will be given for each component of the selection criteria and composite scores will be computed based on the following selection criteria.
- a) Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination: 40%
- b) Situation Test: 40%
- c) Personal Interview: 20%
Situation Test and Personal Interview:
- The Situation Test will evaluate the design aptitude of applicants with the objective of measuring their skills in 2D and 3D visualization, creativity, handling of materials and dexterity.
- Personal Interview of candidates will evaluate general awareness, aptitudes and interests, quality of responses to social and cultural issues etc. Candidates ability to articulate their thoughts through creative work done by the student (such as drawings, paintings, photographs, films/videos made by the student, craft work, project work, models, written work such as articles, stories, essays, poems, etc.) may be shown to the Interview panel. Please limit your portfolio to a maximum of 20 works in total
- NRI students who have passed their qualifying examination from outside India will be exempted from giving the entrance test.
Nirma University B.Des Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- Online Application Form Candidate can apply online through Application Form made available on Website https://www.nirmauni.ac.in/DODNU/adm_procedure
- All communications with regard to admission will be done online or through electronic mails, so the candidates are advised to keep track of the online information at our website and check emails provided in application form.
- (Note: Candidates interested to apply for both the categories i.e. general as well NRI sponsored are required to submit separate application form for both the categories.)
- Applicants should complete the online application form with non-refundable admission processing fee of Rs. 2000/-. The payment should be made online by credit card/debit card/net banking.
- Candidates applying under categories such NRI/NRI Sponsored should make non-refundable admission processing fee of Rs. 3000/-.
Mode of Payment
- The payment should be made online by credit card/debit card/net banking
For of Written Test Exam
- Application and Entrance Test (Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design-UCEED-2019)
- Applicants are required to appear for the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design [UCEED 2019] conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT). The UCEED exam conducted at different centres all over the country on 19th January 2019 [refer UCEED website for further details at https://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/index.html
- Candidates aspiring for admissions at the Department of Design, Nirma University are required to apply to the Department separately. The Dept. will receive the test scores from IIT, Bombay for those candidates applied to the B.Des. Program at Dept. of Design, NU.
- NRI sponsored candidates will be considered for admission only on the basis of UCEED-2019 scores.
Nirma University, Ahmedabad
Dept. of Design, (NAAC Accredited 'A' Grade), Dept. of Design, "PG Block", Nirma University, Sarkhe - Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad-382481, Phone No.: 02717-241917, Website www.nirmauniv.ac.in