Institute of Technology Nirma University announces Admission to Masters of Technology (M.Tech) Program 2021
Nirma University M.Tech Admission 2021 – Institute of Technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad has invited applications for admission to M.Tech (Regular) and M.Tech (By Research) program for the Academic Year 2021-22.
- M.Tech Regular: Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- M.Tech (By Research): Chemical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Nirma University M.Tech Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start date for submission of filled-in applications form :- Ongoing
Eligibility Criteria for Nirma University M.Tech Admission 2021
- He/She should have passed the qualifying examination of Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology from a recognized university with a minimum percentage of marks as prescribed by AICTE from time to time or equivalent cumulative grade point index. OR
- He/She should have passed any other qualifying degree / diploma examination considered as equivalent by Nirma University with minimum percentage of marks as prescribed by the AICTE from time to time or equivalent CPI.
- For calculation of aggregate marks, results of semesters, based on which class of the degree is awarded, will be considered.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final semester qualifying examination may also apply. The results of such applicants have to be submitted to Member Secretary, PG-ENGG, immediately on declaration of result, which should be within 30 days of commencement of semester. Failing to do so the admission is liable to be cancelled. However such candidates have to produce a certificate from the Head of the Institute certifying that he / she has already appeared for the examination.
- Any candidate who has not appeared in the final semester examination at the time of counseling for admission will not be considered for admission.
- Applicants having results in terms of CPI, have to produce certificates from the concerned University regarding equivalent percentage of marks, on which; class is awarded for the degree.
- For all categories, if applicant has passed the qualifying examination from University other than Nirma University, he/she will be required to obtain Eligibility Certificate from Nirma University. The arrangement for obtaining the same will be made on the spot during counseling on payment of ₹ 1000/-
M.Tech. (By Research )
- Candidates can do M.Tech (By Research) only as an External candidate. Duration of the programme would be minimum 3 years and maximum period of 5 years from the date of joining
- A candidate seeking admission to M. Tech (by Research) in any of specialized area must fulfil the following criteria:
- He/she should have passed the qualifying examination of Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology from a recognized University with minimum % of marks as prescribed by the AICTE from time to time or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Index (CGPI) OR
- He/she should have passed any other qualifying degree/diploma examination considered as equivalent by Nirma University (with minimum % marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Index).
- The candidates who are applying M.Tech (By Research- External) should also have minimum experience of three (03) years in R&D related work in a research organization or institute after graduation.
- They will also be required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employers for taking up this programme.
Nirma University M.Tech Admission 2021 Application Process
- The application for M.Tech (Regular) and M.Tech (By Research – full-time/ external) Program is to be completed online, available at the website: https://www.nirmauni.ac.in/ITNU/MTechAdmission
- The application processing charges of Rs. 1250/- (non refundable) is to be paid online.
- The downloaded application form is to be submitted with necessary enclosures at the time of counseling.
- For all programmes, non-sponsored applicants with qualifying GATE score as mentioned in score card (greater than or equal to qualifying marks of GENERAL category out of 100 or score in respective discipline) will be given admission based on GATE merit. After the admission of GATE applicants if any vacancy remains then the same will be filled by Non-GATE applicants based on the merit of the All India Basis written test to be conducted by Nirma University.
- Applicants who have applied under GATE category but have marks less than qualifying marks / score (of General category) will be considered as Non-GATE applicants and will have to appear for the written test. Such applicants will be given admission based on merit of the written test.
- Syllabus for written test for Non-GATE applicants will be the same as that of the GATE-2021 Examination of the concerned M.Tech. programme. There will be objective type questions and the duration will be 1 hour.
- Appearing in a written test does not guarantee admission. If all the seats are filled up by GATE qualified candidates, no admission will be offered to the Non-GATE category. However the merit list of Non-GATE candidates will be operated after exhausting the merit list of GATE category.
- In case, GATE Candidates are having equal GATE Score / marks, Non-GATE candidates having equal marks in written test, following criteria will be used for deciding merit order:
- Percentage of qualifying examination based on which class is awarded for degree Percentage of eighth semester in qualifying examination
- If result is awaited, percentage of seventh semester in qualifying examination
- Date of Birth (candidate who is older in age shall be given priority)
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website