GATE 2022 Application Process Begins, Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card, Results
GATE 2022 – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2022 will be conducted by IIT Kharagpur. Two new papers have been added to GATE 2022, which are Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, and Geomatics Engineering. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the national level entrance exam conducted by IITs.
Check the post below for complete details on GATE 2022 such as exam date, registration, syllabus, exam pattern, application form, preparation, and more.
- GATE 2022 is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and six other Indian Institutes of Technology at Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Chennai, Roorkee & Indian Institute of Science at Bengaluru on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, The Dept. of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India.
- Organising Institute for GATE 2022 is Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
GATE Exam Dates 2022
- Opening Date of Online Registration: 30th August 2021
- Closing Date of REGULAR Online Registration: 24th September 2021
- End of EXTENDED Period for Online Registration (with late fee): 01st October 2021
- Last date to submit application without late fee: 30th September 2021
- Admit Card will be available for download: 03rd January 2022
GATE 2022 Exam
- Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
- Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
- Saturday: 05th February 2022
- Sunday: 06th February 2022
- Saturday: 12th February 2022
- Sunday: 13th February 2022
- Announcement of Results: 17th March 2022
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2022
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for GATE applicants.
- Nationality: Candidates should be of Indian nationality. Candidates belonging to Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia, and United Arab Emirates will also be eligible
- A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible for appearing in the GATE 2022 exam.
- Some of the Professional Societies/Institutions, which conduct exam in various fields of engineering, are as follows.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IE)
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (IIChemE)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
- The Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIIE)
- However, the candidates who possess certification from any of the professional societies must ensure that those examinations conducted by the societies are approved by MoE/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Planning, etc.
- For more detail information brochure https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/
How to Apply for GATE 2022 Application Procedure
- Application for GATE 2022 must be submitted ONLINE (through GOAPS website https://gate.iitd.ac.in) by paying necessary application fee
- GATE 2021, all information related to the application process will be available in the GOAPS website
- The photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application
- Candidates must enter the ID number specified in any one of the following IDs: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID, and Driving License. The candidates, who do not possess any of these identity cards, may please procure any one of them before making the application.
- Please note that the GATE application form is not available for sale or otherwise anywhere
- Application Fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable
- Payments have to be made online by using either net banking or debit card or credit card. As per the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges can be applied
|For Exam Centres in India||Regular Period (30th Aug to 24th Sept. 2021)||During the Extended Period (25th Sep. to 1st Oct. 2021)|
|Female Candidates (Per Paper)||Rs.750/-||Rs.1250/-|
|SC / ST / PwD Category (Per Paper)||Rs.750/-||Rs.1250/-|
|All other candidates (per paper)||Rs.1500/-||Rs.2000/-|
- *PwD means Persons with Disability.
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
- It is important that a candidate must be well aware of the structure of the exam. Check the GATE exam pattern below:
- Mode of the exam: Computer-based test
- Duration of exam: 03 hours
- Language of the test: English only
- Pattern of Questions: GATE 2022 may contain questions of THREE different types in all the papers
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice type (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT).
- Number of Questions: 65
- Total Marks: 100 Marks
- – 10 questions in the exam are from GA, whereas, 55 questions are from Subject paper.
- – MCQ are those questions for which multiple answer options are given and 1 is correct.
- – NAT questions are those questions which candidates need to solve and answer enter answer manually, with the help of virtual numeric keypad.
- Marking Scheme – Candidates can check the marking scheme for GATE 2022 from the table below:
|Type of Questions||Negative Marking|
|MCQs||– 1/3rd Mark will be deducted for 1 mark question|
– 2/3rd Mark will be deducted for 2 mark questions
|NATs||No negative marking|
GATE 2022 Papers
- GATE 2022 will be conducted for 29 subjects (papers). A candidate is allowed to appear in ANY ONE or UP TO TWO papers of the GATE Exam
- However, note that the combination of TWO papers in which a candidate can appear MUST be from the pre-defined list as given in Table 4.3 in the information broacher.
GATE 2022 Exam Structure
- Number of Sections – General Aptitude and the choice of engineering branch
- Number of Questions – General Aptitude – 10 questions (5 of 1 mark & 5 for 2 marks)Paper excluding Geology and Geophysics, Engineering Sciences, Life Science – 55 questions (25 of 1 mark & 30 of 2 marks) Geology & Geophysics – 55 questions (25 of 1 mark & 30 of 2 marks)
- Engineering Sciences – 11 questions (7 of 1 mark & 4 of 2 marks)/ optional subject – 22 questions of 35 marks (9 of 1 mark & 13 of 2 marks)
- Life Sciences – 15 questions (5 of 1 mark & 10 of 2 marks)/ optional subject – 20 questions of 30 marks (10 questions of 1 mark & 10 questions of 2 marks)
- For exam patter and other details kindly visit the GATE website https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/
- Tentative list of the cities (zone-wise) in which the GATE 2022 Exam is planned to be held
- IISc Bangalore Bengaluru
- IIT Bombay, Powai Mumbai
- IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas,New Delhi
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras Chennai
- IIT Roorkee
- All candidates must apply Online. Further details and Online Application Form can be obtained by accessing any of the GATE zonal website:
- IISc Bangalore (gate.iisc.ernet.in)
- IIT Bombay (www.gate.iitb.ac.in)
- IIT Delhi (gate.ittd.ac.in)
- IIT Guwahati (www.iitg.enent.in/gate)
- IIT Kanpur (www.iitk.ac.in)
- IIT Kharagpur (www.gate.iitkgp.ac.in)
- IIT Madras (gate.iitm.ac.in)
- IIT Roorkee (www.gate.iitr.enert.in)
GATE 2022 Syllabus
- Syllabus for each of the papers, previous years GATE (model) question papers, and mock exam links along with virtual scientific calculator will be available on GATE 2022 website https://gate.iitd.ac.in
GATE 2022 Admit Card
- Admit Card can ONLY be downloaded from the GATE 2022 website from 3rd January 2022. Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post or as an e-mail attachment.
GATE 2022 Results
- Results will be announced on the 17th March 2022 and will be available on the GOAPS Website https://gate.iitd.ac.in
- GATE 2022 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website