National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) announces Admission to Master of Technology (M.Tech) Program 2021
NIFTEM M.Tech Admission 2021 – National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) invites applications from eligible candidates for Admission to M.Tech Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session 2021
Interested candidates can check the details on NIFTEM M.Tech Admission 2021 from the page below and apply for the same through online mode till July 24, 2021.
M.Tech Program Offered
- M. Tech. in Food Technology and Management (FTM).
- M. Tech. in Food Process Engineering and Management (FPEM).
- M. Tech. in Food Plant Operations and Management (FPOM).
- M. Tech. in Food Safety and Quality Management (FSQM).
- M. Tech. in Food Supply Chain Management (FSCM)
NIFTEM M.Tech Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Submission of application form online :- 02nd July 2021 to 24th July 2021
- Announcement of List of eligible/shortlisted M.Tech. (GATE) candidates :- 31st July 2021
- Announcement of Merit list for M.Tech. (GATE) candidates :- 03rd August 2021
- Counselling for M.Tech. (GATE) admissions. :- 04th August 2021 To 20th August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for NIFTEM M.Tech Admission 2021
- Four Years Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s degree in relevant discipline with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. A relaxation of 5% of marks shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to reserved category.
M. Tech. (FTM)
- B. E./B. Tech. in Food Science / Food Science & Technology/ Food Technology and Management / Food Technology / Food Process Engineering/ Food Engineering / Dairy Engineering / Dairy Technology/ Agricultural & Food Engineering/ Dairy and Food Engineering OR M.Sc. Degree in Food Technology/ Food Science & Technology/ Food Science/ Dairy Technology/ Food Science and Nutrition/ Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics/ Meat Science/ Meat Technology/ Animal Product Technology/ LiveStock Product Technology/ Four years Bachelor’s degree in community science from a recognized University/ Institute OR in related allied field from a recognized university/Institute.
M. Tech. (FPEM)
- B.E./ B.Tech. degree in Food Science & Technology / Food Technology and Management/Food Technology/ Food Process Engineering/ Food Engineering/ Dairy Engineering / Dairy Technology/ Agricultural Process Engineering/ Agricultural & Food Engineering / Agricultural Engineering / Bio-Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering or in related allied field from a recognized University/ Institute OR in related allied field from a recognized University/Institute.
M. Tech. (FPOM)
- B.E./ B.Tech. degree in Food Science/ Food Science & Technology / Food Technology and Management/Food Technology/ Food Process Engineering/ Food Engineering/ Dairy Engineering / Dairy Technology/ Agricultural Process Engineering/Agricultural & Food Engineering/Agricultural Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute OR in related allied field from a recognized University/Institute.
M. Tech. (FSQM)
- B.E./ B.Tech. degree in Food Science/ Food Science and Technology/Food Technology and Management/Food Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Dairy and Food Technology/ Agricultural Process Engineering/ Agricultural and Food Engineering/ Biochemical Engineering/Chemical Engineering OR M.Sc. degree in Food Technology / Food Science and Technology / Food Microbiology from a recognized University/ Institute OR in related allied field from a recognized University/Institute.
M. Tech. (FSCM)
- B.E./B.Tech. degree in Food Science /Food Science and Technology/ Food Technology and Management/ Food Technology/ Food Engineering/ Process and Food Engineering/ Dairy & Food Technology /Dairy & Food Engineering /Dairy Technology/ Biotechnology /Agricultural and Food Engineering/ Four years Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/Horticulture/and allied Disciplines OR
- Two years Master’s degree in Horticulture/Vegetable/ Fruit Sciences /Post Harvest Technology/ Post Harvest Management/Cold Chain Management OR M.Sc. in Post-Harvest Technology/Food Science/Food Technology/Food Science and Technology/Food Science and Nutrition OR Master’s degree or equivalent in Agribusiness Management from recognized University /Institute OR in related allied field from a recognized University/Institute
- Application forms for admission into M.Tech Program of NIFTEM are to be filled online www.niftem.ac.in only.
- Applicants should not send the printed copy of the application form to NIFTEM.
- Admission brochure/guidelines are available on the website
- The Admission to M. Tech programme will be based on a valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering) score. Merit list will be prepared based on valid GATE score only. The merit list will be displayed on the NIFTEM website.
- In case two candidates will have the same GATE score then the bachelor degree marks will be considered for the merit list for those candidates.
- After the admission of eligible GATE qualified candidates, the remaining seats, if any, will be filled by Non-GATE candidates.
- The NonGATE candidates would require to qualify the common entrance exam to be conducted by NIFTEM at NIFTEM Campus Kundli/ OR *Online.
- There will be no other exam centre than NIFTEM Kundli in case of offline mode. The Non-GATE applicants’ common entrance exam shall not be conducted, if all seats have been filled by GATE candidates. In that case, the claim for refund of application fee shall not be entertained.
Entrance Test Pattern
- The written test for Non-GATE candidates shall consist of hundred (100) multiple choice questions of one mark each, there shall be negative marking and for each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- The duration of the test will be one hour and thirty minutes. The test shall consist of two parts.
- Part-A shall contain thirty (30) questions to test the Mental Ability, English and General Knowledge.
- Part-B shall contain seventy (70) questions to test candidates’ knowledge base in their eligibility areas. Due to the varied nature of eligibility areas, Part-B shall consist of five sections and candidates may attempt any one of them. Broad description of each section under Part-B is given below:-
- Part I : Food Science & Technology, Food Engineering, Dairy Technology, Foods and Nutrition
- Part II : Food Engineering, Agricultural Process Engineering, BioChemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Part III : Food Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- Part IV : Food Science & Technology, Foods and Nutrition, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry
- Part V : Agriculture, Environmental Science, Food Science & Technology
For more details and apply online visit the official website