National Institute of Technology (NIT) Sikkim announces Admissions to M.Tech (Self-finance/Sponsored) and M.Sc. (Self-finance) Programs 2021
NIT Sikkim M.tech & M.Sc. Admission 2021 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Sikkim) invites applications from Indian nationals for admission to M.Tech (Self-finance/Sponsored) and M.Sc. (Self-finance) Programs through Institute Admission Test 2021 (against the vacant seats available after the completion of counselling process of CCMT 2021 and CCMN 2021) for the academic year 2021-22.
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering : 28 Seats
- M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering : 28 Seats
- M.Tech in Electrical Engineering (Specialization in Control Power and Electric Drives) : 28 Seats
- M.Sc. in Chemistry : 21 Seats
Also, see – GATE 2021 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility
NIT Sikkim M.tech & M.Sc. Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Floating of Advertisement : 26th July 2021
- Online Application opens: 26th July 2021
- Closing of online application: 25th August 2021
- Publication of shortlisted candidate list for Test (Tentative): 27th August 2021
- Interview / Written Test date (Tentative): Last week of August 2021
- Publication of Results (Tentative): First Week of September 2021
- Admission and Start of Class (Tentative): First Week of September 2021
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Sikkim M.tech & M.Sc. Admission 2021
For M.Tech Program
- The minimum academic eligibility criteria shall remain the same as prescribed in CCMT 2021 / CCMN 2021, except that non-GATE / non-JAM candidates are eligible to apply through IAT 2021. In general, IAT 2021 shall follow the guidelines set by CCMT 2021 / CCMN 2021 in regard to preparation of merit list, allotment of seats, reservation rules, etc. Graduated students or final semester students in the result awaited (RA) category are also eligible to apply.
- The qualifying degrees and general minimum eligibility criteria for admission in all courses are given below. These eligibility criteria are the absolute minimum; Departments may prescribe any other requirements over and above the minimum criteria for shortlisting of candidates. The Institute shall hold a written test or interview or both for selection of candidates for admissions. The admission committee reserves the right to relax / change / modify the selection criteria. The decision of the Senate Chairman, NIT Sikkim shall be final and binding.
For M.Sc. in Chemistry
- 3 or 4 years BS. or B.Sc. Chemistry Honours / B.Sc. Chemistry / B.Sc. Honours (Applied Chemistry) / B.Sc. / B.Sc. Physical Sciences / B.Sc. Biochemistry / B.E. or B.Tech in Materials Science Engineering / B.E. or B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from any UGC recognized University / College/ Institution.
- Chemistry should be one of the subjects in 6 semesters/3 years at UG level.
- Throughout 10th, 12th and Qualifying Graduate Degree: Minimum 60% or CGPA 6.5 (out of 10) for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC whereas 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates. For applicants with Chemistry Honours / Major, the percentage may be calculated on the basis of Chemistry honours marks.
- All category wise eligibility criteria check on the prospectus https://nitsikkim.ac.in/documents/IAT/Downloads/IAT%202021%20Information%20Brochure.pdf
NIT Sikkim M.tech & M.Sc. Admission 2021 Application Procedure
- All applications must be submitted online.
- For M.Tech – Visit: https://www.nitsikkim.ac.in/admission/mtech_admission.php
- For M.Sc. – Visit: https://www.nitsikkim.ac.in/admission/msc_admission.php
- Pay Application Fees: Rs. 100/- (SC/ST/PWD/EWS Category), Rs. 300/- (OBC/OC/Sponsored). You will be directed to the Bank portal for payment. Pay requisite fees, save challan / screenshot as PDF, and note down reference no. You’ll need to enter this Reference number during form-filing. Application fee is non-refundable. Institute will not be responsible for any payments made after the due date.
- Form Fill-up: Fill-in your details in the Online Form
- Save your filled-in form as PDF.
- Scan all your following “Original” documents in color mode and save as PDF. Try to have less file size, 200 dpi shall be fine. Preferably, bind the application form, payment receipt and all the documents in a single PDF file.
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of previous academic record and written test and/or interview. The Institute will shortlist a limited number of candidates for the selection process based on the academic records. The Institute reserves the right to use its own judgment while determining the candidate’s level of competency based on the available information. The final selection will be based on all of the above, viz., academic records, GATE/JAM score, written test and/or interview.
For more details and apply online, please visit the official website