Karnataka PG Common Entrance Test for MBA, MCA, M.E, M.Tech, M.Arch Admission 2021
Karnataka PGCET 2021 – Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) invites applications from the eligible interested Karnataka and non-Karnataka candidates for admission to 1st year / 1st-semester full time / part-time MBA / MCA / M.E. / M. Tech. / M. Arch courses in the institutions affiliated Universities which will be notified by the Government of Karnataka for the year 2021-22.
Candidates have to appear for the Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) 2021 conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority to become eligible for admission to these courses.
About Karnataka PGCET 2021
- The Post Graduate Common Entrance Test is conducted to offer admission to MCA, M.Tech, MBA, M.Arch etc. Karnataka PGCET is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA).
- Qualifying candidates of PGCET 2021 Karnataka will be able to take admission in the following courses of Engineering
- M.E. /M.Tech
- M. Arch
- MCA 1st year/ 1st semester
- MBA 1st year/ 1st semester
- Type-A Courses offered by VTU, UVCE, UBDTCE, then select the course code for the same and apply accordingly. It is the responsibility of the candidate to select the correct course code.
- Type-B Courses offered by Department of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Mathematics and Computer Science, Kuvempu University and Department of Studies in Computer Science, University of Mysore.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Important Dates
- Hosting in Information Bulletin PGECET: 03rd September 2021
- Commencement of Entry of Application Online: 03rd September 2021
- Last Date to Enter Application Details Online: 17th September 2021
- Last Date to Pay the Fees in the Bank: 18th September 2021
- Downloading of Admission Tickets on or before: 12th October 2021
- Date of PGCET Exam: 12th to 23rd October 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka PGCET 2021
For FulL time M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch Course
- A candidate with valid score A candidate who has passed a qualifying exam or equivalent examination as prescribed by the Competent Authority and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects of all the years/semesters of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to M.E/M. Tech/M. Arch Courses, (45% of marks in Q.E. in case of SC/ST and Category-I candidates.
For Part-Time ME/M. Tech / M. Arch Courses
- A candidate who has passed prescribed qualifying exam or equivalent exam as prescribed by the Competent Authority and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects of all the years/semesters of the Degree Exam is eligible for admission to ME/M.Tech /M.Arch Courses, (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I, Karnataka candidates)
For MBA Courses
- Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration examination or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MBA courses, (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
For MCA Courses
- A candidate who has passed any recognized undergraduate exam or equivalent examination with Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer Applications or Computer Programming or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Exam is eligible for admission to MCA courses, 45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates
For Lateral Entry to 2nd year MCA
- Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration exam in BCA, B.Sc. (IT/Computer Science) with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate Level and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Exam is eligible for admission to MCA Courses, (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
Note to GATE Candidates
- The candidates with valid GATE score should compulsorily enter an application online to become eligible for admission to M.E. / M. Tech / M. Arch courses, but they need not appear for PGCET-2021.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online only through official website https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/
Steps to follow:
Step 1 – Enter all the details Online by browsing URL on website https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/ by selecting “PGET-2021”. After completion of entry of all the details candidates will receive an application ID and Password to their registered email address and also the same information will be displayed on the screen
Step 2 – Upload the scanned copy of recent passport size Colour Photo and Signature in JPEG format separately.
Step 3 – Take the printout of the Challan Copy, which is in Duplicate/Triplicate.
Step 4 – Candidates have to pay an amount of Rs.650/- for General OBC (Rs.500/- for SC/ST Category-1 only for Karnataka Candidates).
- For General and OBC candidates – Rs. 650/- For each course
- For SC / ST and Category-1 – of Karnataka candidates only – Rs. 500/- For each course
- Mode of Payment – Through online mode.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Mode of exam– Offline mode
- Duration – 2 hours
- Types of Questions – Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Total Marks – 100 marks
- Marking scheme
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admit Card
- After the submission of the application form, the candidates can easily download the hall ticket from the official website of KEA. Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admit Card is issued at https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/
- The hall ticket can be downloaded by entering the login credentials such as application number and date of birth.
- The admit card consists of the important information related to the exam such as date and time of the exam, address of the exam centre, general instructions etc.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website