NTA announces JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates
NTA releases Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) 2020 Main Notification for admission to NITs, DTU, IITs, and CFTIs. All India common engineering. test 2020 by NTA for admission to undergraduate engineering courses in 2020 Latest Alerts.
The National Testing agency has come out with a notification. As per the notification the exam dates will be as follows:
For January 2020 Exam:
- Date of Exam: 06th to 11th January 2020
For April 2020 Exam:
- Date of Exam: 3rd to 9th April 2020
Those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam in 2018 or 2019; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam in 2020 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2020. Three attempts to clear the JEE Main exam
Only the top 150,000 candidates (including all categories as per reservation policy) based on performance in JEE (Main), will qualify to appear in the JEE (Advanced) examination.
For January 2020 Exam
- Online submission of Application form: 03rd Sep. 2019 to 30th Sep 2019 (Date extended till 10 Oct. 2019) (up to 11.50 pm)
- Successful final transaction of fee: 03rd Sep. 2019 to 01st Oct. 2019 (through Credit/Debit card/ Net Banking/ UPI and PAYTM Service up to 11.50 pm)
- Correction in particulars: 11th Oct. 2019 to 17th Oct. 2019 (up to 11.50 pm)
- Printing of Admit Cards from NTA’s website: From 06th Dec. 2019
- Date of Examination: Between 06th Jan 2020 to 11th Jan. 2020
- Timing of Examination: First Shift (9:30 am to 12:30 pm), Second Shift (2:30 pm to 5:30 pm)
- Declaration of Result on NTA’s website: 31st January 2020
For April 2020 Exam:
- Registration Dates: 7th February to 7th March, 2020
- Downloading of Admit Cards: From 16th March, 2020
- Dates of Examinations: 3rd to 9th April, 2020
- Date of Announcing Result: 30th April, 2020
Change in Exam Pattern:
As per the latest notification few changes have been made in the JEE Main exam pattern which are as follows:
- The JEE Main exam will held twice a year - January and April session.
- JEE Main 2020 exam will be conducted for three papers instead of two paper
- It will be a computer based examination (Except the drawing test for B. Arch. which will be in pen and paper based mode only).
- From now onwards, each subject (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) will have 20 objective type questions with 5 numerical based questions.
Also see -
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here