Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad announces Admission to M.Tech Program 2022, Apply now
IIT Dhanbad M.Tech Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology, (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad invites application for admission to 2-years Master of Technology (M.Tech.) Programs offered at various departments for the academic session 2022-23.
Check complete details of IIT Dhanbad M.Tech. Admission 2022 application process, eligibility criteria and more from the page below.
IIT(ISM) offers M. Tech. in three different modes:
- Candidates with GATE score (may be called GATE candidates)
- IIT Graduates with B. Tech degree
- Candidates sponsored by government organizations/reputed Industrial Organization/ Academic Institutions (may be called Sponsored candidates).
- Various M. Tech Programmes offered by IIT(ISM)
IIT Dhanbad M.Tech Admission Dates 2022
- Online Application Form available for submission : 17th March 2022
- Last Date to apply : 29th April 2022
- Opening of COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal) portal for registration : 20th March 2022 (Tentative)
- Date of Written Test/Interview for Sponsored Candidates only (if any) : 23rd June 2022
- COAP Counselling schedule : 11th May 2022 to 12th July 2022
- Reporting at IIT(ISM) Dhanbad : 04 – 07th August 2022 (Tentative)
- Commencement of Semester for all M. Tech. courses for the Session 2022–23 : 08th August 2022
- IIT (ISM) online admission portal will be active till : 08th August 2022
IIT Dhanbad M.Tech Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
For GATE Candidates
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent or a Master degree in Science/Arts/Commerce, from the institutes recognized by UGC/AICTE/Government. The qualifying degrees for each of the M. Tech. programs are mentioned in the website.
- Candidates with equivalent degree and discipline of professional bodies (like Institution of Engineers (India), Institute of Chemical Engineers, Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers, Indian Institute of Metals, etc.) are not eligible to apply in any M. Tech programs of this institute.
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score (remains valid at the time of Admission) in the appropriate GATE Paper as per Table 2.
- Candidates seeking admission to M. Tech. programs of the Institute should have
- Minimum 60% or CGPA/CPI of 6.0 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for UR/OBC candidates.
- Minimum 55% or CGPA/CPI of 5.5 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for SC/ST candidates.
For IIT Graduates
- Candidates graduating/ graduated from IITs with B.Tech. Degree having CGPA 8.00 and above (on a scale of 10) can apply without a GATE Score. The respective department as per allocated seats will review such applications. The number of seats for such candidates will be super numeric.
For Sponsored Candidates
- A candidate working in an academic institution/PSU/Govt. R&D organizations/Govt. recognized private R&D organizations/industry, is considered as a sponsored candidate. Such a candidate must be sponsored by his/her employer and must have been in employment with the sponsoring organization for at least 2 years at the time of admission.
- Candidates working in private firms/organizations have to submit their latest Salary Bank Account statement/Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) statement during uploading documents as well as during the admission process.
- The applications of candidates sponsored by the organizations under a MoU between Institute and/or under QIP program shall be eligible for admission.
- All category wise eligibility criteria check on the website https://www.iitism.ac.in/gatejam/
IIT Dhanbad M.Tech Admission Application Process 2022
- Online application form is required to be submitted through online portal, which will remain available on the IIT(ISM) website www.iitism.ac.in from March 17, 2022 to April 29, 2022 (tentative).
- The GATE candidates will also have to register themselves at COAP 2022 portal as seat allotment will be made through COAP.
- The admission of IIT Graduates and Sponsored candidates will be carried out through the online portal of IIT (ISM) Dhanbad. After filling the form, the candidates are advised to take a print of the application and keep the same for record.
- For UR/EWS/OBC candidates : Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/Women/Transgender candidates : Rs. 300/-
- Mode of payment : Paid through online payment gateway only
For GATE Candidates and IIT Graduates
- The admission to different M. Tech. programs will be made on the basis of their GATE score for GATE candidates. For IIT Graduates, it will be based on CGPA & Departmental Review.
- In case of equal GATE score, the older candidate in terms of date of birth will get preference.
For Sponsored Candidates
- The admission to different M. Tech. programs for sponsored candidates will be made based on Departmental Review and Recommendation after fulfilling the requisite criteria as per section
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website