IIT Ropar PhD, MS and MTech Admissions 2018
IIT Ropar notifies PhD, MS (Research) and M.Tech Admissions 2018
ï¿½IIT Ropar PhD, MS and MTech Admissions 2018 Notification - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar invites applications for admission to Master of Science (M.S) by Research Program offered in the Departments of Computer Science and Engineering Electrical Engineering, Master of Technology (M.Tech) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program Offered in the Departments of Sciences, Engineering, Humanities Center of Biomedical Engineering and Center of Materials & Energy Engineering for the session 2018
For the candidates having B.E./B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech/MA/M.Sc./Integrated BS-MS etc and Carious, Ambitious and Passionate about research
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exam 2018
- Time Line for PhD & MS Admission (AY Semester-I, 2018) [Regular, Direct, External PhD, Part-Time PhD, MS]
- Advertisement Website/Newspapers/Social Media/Post etc: 11th Mar 2018
- Last day of receiving applications: 09th Apr 2018
- Scrutiny & Shortlisting by Departments: 16th Apr 2018
- Interview Letters to Shortlisted Candidates: 18th Apr 2018
- Written Test/Interview: 25th Apr 2018 onwards
- Admission Letters: 06th May to 12th June 2018
- Confirmation with partial fee deposit 2 weeks from Admission Letters
- Date of Registration: 27th July 2018
- Opening of waitlisted candidates: 31st July 2018
Get latest Engineering Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below:
For PhD Program in Engineering:
- Bachelor’s degree followed by a Master’s degree in an appropriate area: M.Tech/ M.E/M.S. or equivalent qualification in computer science and engineering or equivalent degree with 60% marks (or 6.5 grade point out of 10) (55% marks for SC/ST)
For PhD Program in Sciences:
- Candidates should have masters or equivalent degree in Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics with First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST).
- Candidates meeting above requirement must also fulfill one of the qualifications with valid certificate in GATE, UGC/ CSIR NET - JRF or NBHM or equivalent or DST-INSPIRE Fellowship.
For PhD Program in Humanities & Social Sciences:
- Candidates should have masters or equivalent degree in Cognitive Science, Economics, English Literature, Linguistics, Psychology, or related discipline with 55% (or 6.0 grade point out of 10).
- Candidates meeting this requirement must also fulfill one of the following additional requirements:
- UGC/CSIR- NET or GATE or equivalent qualification or DST-INSPIRE Fellowship
- Candidates with M. Tech or equivalent with First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (GATE could be exempted).
For PhD Program in Biomedical Engineering:
- A master's degree in sciences (M.Sc. /MS) or equivalent, with a minimum of 60 percent marks or 6.5 grade points on a scale of 10 (55 percent marks for SC/ST). A valid GATE score or qualified in UGC/CSIR/NET/INSPIRE fellowship, or equivalent.
- A MBBS degree with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10). A minimum of 55 percent marks (6.0 grade points on a scale of 10) for SC/ST.
For M.S Programs:
- Candidate should be B.Tech/ B.E/ M.Sc/ MCA in Computer science and allied branches or equivalent with minimum Grade Point Average of 6.5/ 10 or 60% of marks and a valid GATE score
- Candidates who are IIT B.Tech degree holders with a minimum CGPA score of 8.0/10 (for SC/ST7.5 CGPA) are also eligible to apply even without GATE score
Also See: PhD Admission 2018
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance test/interview conducted by the institute
- Candidates can apply online www.iitrpr.ac.in
- Candidates who are unable to submit the application online may please send the application form by post. To download the offline application, please click here
- Candidates are required to submit an application fee of Rs.200/- (for SC/ST Rs.100/-) in the form of demand draft in favour of Registrar, IIT Ropar, payable at Rupnagar
- Candidates have to send the demand draft by post to the dept. where they are applying quoting the reference No. of the Application; the fee can be paid by online transfer. The transaction ID must be quoted while filling the application (Account name, no. Bank name IFSC Code: The Registrar "llT Ropar", 30836125653, State Bank of India, 13181)
- For PhD/MS (Rs.200/- for GEN/OBC, Rs.100/- for SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates)
- For MTech (Rs.200/- for GEN/OBC, Rs.100/- for SC/ST/PwD)
- For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website www.iitrpr.ac.in
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar