IIT Roorkee Postgraduate Program Admission 2019 - Dates, Eligibility, Application
IIT Roorkee announces Postgraduate courses (M.Tech, M.Arch, MURP) Admission 2019
IIT Roorkee M.Tech, M.Arch, MURP Admission 2019 - Applications are invited from interested candidates for admission into M.Tech, M.Arch. And MURP Admission 2019
IIT Roorkee M.Tech, M.Arch, MURP Admission 2019 Important Dates
Announcement of GATE-2019 Result: 16th March 2019
Start of Online Application Process: 18th March 2019
Last date of Online Application Submission: 12th April 2019
See: MTech Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Roorkee M.Tech, M.Arch, MURP Admission 2019
- Candidates who possess the minimum educational qualifications as given in Table-1 are eligible to seek admission to these Postgraduate programmes. In addition, candidates of General and OBC category must have secured at least 60% marks or CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale at the qualifying degree level; but for SC/ST/PD category candidates, this percentage is 55% or 5.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale. The marks awarded for the qualifying degree will be considered for eligibility.
- In case of CGPA awarded on different point scale, Table-2 as approved by the Senate of the Institute will be considered for deciding eligibility.
- These essential eligibility requirements are applicable to all the categories of candidates, viz: regular, full-time sponsored and part-time sponsored candidates. Other conditions for these three categories are as follows:
Regular Candidates including GATE qualified Foreign Nationals
- Admission to Postgraduate programmes leading to M.Tech./M.Arch./M.U.R.P. degree as given in Table-1, will be open to the GATE qualified candidates on the basis of valid Normalized GATE marks in the disciplines. The normalized GATE marks of different papers will be used to prepare the merit list for programmes of a department.
- Final year students who will be completing all the requirements of their qualifying examination including back paper (s)/supplementary (ies) before the date of registration may also apply. Such candidates will be required to submit a certificate as per the proforma given in Annexure-1 along with the application form. Such candidates may be admitted provisionally but they will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying degree with the required percentage of marks or CGPA latest by September 30, 2019, failing which their admission shall be cancelled.
- Direct admission upto 10% of the intake without GATE will be offered to IIT graduates with a minimum CGPA of 8.00 on a 10 point scale.
Full-Time Sponsored Candidates
- (a) These candidates must have a minimum of two years of full-time work experience till the last date of submission of application form (subject to provision 2.1[d] as for regular candidates) in responsible capacity in a Registered
- Firm/Company/Industry/Educational and Research Institution/Govt./Quasi Govt./Autonomous Organization in the relevant field in which admission is being sought. The
- Firm/Company/Industry shall either be a public sector undertaking or a public limited undertaking registered in a stock exchange or a private concern whose annual turnover during the past 2 years exceeds Rs. 5.0 crores.
- For a candidate employed in an educational Institution, it should be recognized by AICTE.
- Full time sponsored candidates with GATE and without GATE can apply for admission to different academic programmes but their admission will be based on performance in an Interview/Written Test to be held at IIT Roorkee. The candidates will be called for Interview/written test on the basis of their results of the qualifying degree.
- Candidates should submit the sponsorship certificate along with the application, duly signed by the Head of the Institution/Organization on proforma as per Annexure-2.
- A few candidates are also admitted under QIP, Early Faculty Induction Programme of AICTE and Defence Research & Development Organization Schemes, for which the admission procedure is separate. For further details, please contact PG Admission Office, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, ROORKEE-247667. The sponsored candidates who meet the above mentioned eligibility conditions, along with the minimum educational qualifications given in Table-1 should apply.
- Preference in admission will be given to those candidates who are GATE qualified.
Part-Time Sponsored Candidates (Three years duration)
- These candidates must satisfy condition 2.2 (a) as for full time sponsored candidates, with the additional requirement that such organizations must be located either at Roorkee or within a radius of 20 km from Roorkee.
- Part time sponsored candidates with GATE and without GATE can apply for admission to different academic programmes but their admission will be based on performance in an Interview/Written Test to be held at IIT Roorkee. The candidates will be called for Interview/Written Test on the basis of their results of the qualifying degree. However, no self sponsored candidate will be admitted for part time study.
- There will not be any age restriction. However, preference will be given to those who are below 45 years of age.
- For admission to a postgraduate programme as a part-time student, No Objection Certificate from the Head of the Institution/Organization as per Annexure-3 must be submitted along with the application.
- For part-time students, the concerned academic department will draw up the detailed academic programme on an individual department basis.
- The part-time students will be required to attend all lectures, tutorials and practical classes for the courses prescribed for them and must satisfy the attendance requirements.
- The part-time students will not be eligible for any scholarship, prize etc.
- The status of a part-time student will not be changed from part-time to a regular full-time student.
- Members of the Staff of the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee seeking admission as part-time sponsored candidates should submit the sponsorship certificate from the Registrar and the Staff working in different projects in the Institute should submit the sponsorship certificate from the appointing authority.
Note: Preference in admission will be given to those candidates who are GATE qualified.
- Foreign nationals seeking admission to postgraduate courses should apply through the Govt. of India, if they wish to come through any Govt. supported programmes or under Cultural Exchange Programmes, or through Educational Consultants (India) Ltd., New Delhi. They may seek necessary help from the Indian Embassy in their country or their Embassy in India. In addition to these avenues, a provision of direct admission for Non-Resident
Indians (NRI’s) and self-financing Foreign National
Candidates exists for Postgraduate programmes in Engineering and Architecture.
- Foreign nationals are required to undergo medical examination as per medical rules of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, and have to undergo test for HIV at NICD, Delhi within one month of their admission. The admission of foreign nationals would be confirmed only after medical examination and the receipt of the test report regarding HIV.
- Foreign nationals will be admitted only after obtaining the clearance from the Govt. of India. Foreign candidates having student’s/provisional student visa only are eligible for admission.
- Admission to Postgraduate programmes for the academic session 2019-20 in different academic programmes leading to M.Tech./M.Arch./M.U.R.P. degrees including M.Tech. degree after M.Sc., for full time regular students with MHRD assistantship will be made on the basis of valid Normalized GATE marks only. Sponsored candidates may be admitted through an Interview/Written Test.
Details of Academic Programmes leading to M.Tech/ M.Arch. / M.U.R.P
Architecture and Planning
Alternate Hydro Energy Centre
- M.Tech Alternate Hydro Energy Systems
- M.Tech Environmental Management of Rivers and Lakes
- M.Tech Chemical Engineering
- M.Tech Environmental Engg.
- M.Tech Geomatics Engg.
- M.Tech. Geotechnical Engg.
- M.Tech. Hydraulic Engg.
- M.Tech Structural Engg.
- M.Tech. Transportation Engg.
- M.Tech Soil Dynamics
- M.Tech Structural Dynamics
- M.Tech Seismic Vulnerability and Risk Assessment
- M.Tech Electric Drives & Power Electronics
- M.Tech Instrumentation and Signal Processing
- M.Tech Power System Engg.
- M.Tech Systems and Control
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M.Tech Communication Systems
- M.Tech R.F & Microwave Engg
- M.Tech Microelectronics and VLSI
Computer Science and Engg.
- M.Tech Computer Science & Engg.
- M.Tech Hydrology
Mechanical and Industrial Engg.
- M.Tech CAD, CAM & Robotics
- M.Tech Machine Design Engg.
- M.Tech Production & Industrial Systems Engg.
- M.Tech Thermal Engg.
- M.Tech Welding Engg.
Paper Technology Saharanpur Campus
- M.Tech. Pulp & Paper
- M.Tech Packaging Technology
Water Resources Development & Management
- M.Tech Irrigation Water Management
- M.Tech Water Resources Development
- M.Tech Solid State Electronic Material
- M.Tech Photonics
- M.Tech Nanotechnology
Disaster Mitigation and Management
- M.Tech Disaster Mitigation and Management
- M.Tech Infrastructure Systems
- M.Tech Bioprocess Engineering
For more details regarding essential qualification please visit the official website
IIT Roorkee M.Tech, M.Arch, MURP Admission 2019 Application Process
- For admission to PG programmes 2019, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in from March 18, 2019 to April 12, 2019.
- For General/GEN-EWS/OBC Category: Rs. 300/-
- For PD/SC/ST Category: Rs. 150/-
- For Foreign nationals: Nil
- The requisite fee can be paid online using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank.
PG Admissions Office
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee‐247667 (Uttarakhand), Website www.iitr.ac.in or https://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here