IIT Roorkee announces Admission to Postgraduate Programs (M.Tech, M.Arch. and MURP) for Session 2021
IIT Roorkee PG Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee invites applications from the eligible candidates for admission to the Post-Graduate Programs (M.Tech, M.Arch. and MURP) for the academic session 2021-22.
Application can be submitted on or before April 25, 2021 through online mode. Read further for more details on IIT Roorkee PG Admission 2021
- Introduction to Postgraduate Academic Programs leading to M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.U.R.P. (Two years duration)
- The postgraduate programmes in Engineering and Architecture include 41 full-time specialized programs leading to M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.U.R.P. degrees. In addition, the departments of Hydrology and Water Resources Development and Management, also offer PG Diploma programmes.
- Dual Degree Program – The M.Tech/M.Arch./MURP candidates pursuing PG degree in any deptt/centre of IITR are permitted to switch over to Ph.D. Program after 1st year subject to satisfying eligibility criteria.
IIT Roorkee Postgraduate Program Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Announcement of GATE-2021 Result :- 22nd March 2021
- Start of Online Application Process :- 10th April 2021
- Last Date for Online Application Submission and Deposit of fee :- 25th April 2021 till 5:00 P.M.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Roorkee Postgraduate Program Admission 2021
For admission to M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.U.R.P. Degree programs
- Candidates who possess the minimum educational qualifications as given in the information brochure are eligible to seek admission to these Postgraduate programmes. In addition, candidates of General and OBC category must have secured at least 60% marks or CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale at the qualifying degree level; but for SC/ST/PD category candidates, this percentage is 55% or 5.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale. The marks awarded for the qualifying degree will be considered for eligibility.
- In case of CGPA awarded on a different point scale, as approved by the Senate of the Institute will be considered for deciding eligibility.
- These essential eligibility requirements are applicable to all the categories of candidates, viz: regular, full-time sponsored and part-time sponsored candidates.
Regular Candidates including GATE qualified Foreign candidates
- Admission to Postgraduate programs leading to M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.U.R.P. degree as given in the information brochure, will be open to the candidates qualified in GATE on the basis of valid Normalized GATE marks in the disciplines.
- The normalized GATE marks of different papers will be used to prepare the merit list for programmes of a department. These Normalized GATE marks will be calculated by IIT Roorkee.
- Final year students who will be completing all the requirements of their qualifying examination including backpaper(s) / supplementary(ies) before the date of registration may also apply.
- A candidate appearing in any part of the qualifying examination including supplementary examination etc. after the date of registration shall not be considered to have qualified for admission in the year 2021-22 and if such a candidate is registered provisionally his/her admission shall be terminated.
- Direct admission without GATE will be offered to IIT graduates with a minimum CGPA of 8.00 on a 10 point scale.
- Candidates having AMIE/ AMIS/ AMIIChE/ AMIIM/ Grad IETE, who possess B.Sc. or Diploma in engineering and have at least three years research, teaching or other professional experience at the submission of last date of application acquired in relevant field, are also eligible to apply for admission to M.Tech. courses.
Full-Time Sponsored Candidates :
- These candidates must have a minimum of two years of full-time work experience till the last date of submission of application form (subject to point 2 as for regular candidates) in a responsible capacity in a Registered Firm/ Company/ Industry/ Educational and Research Institution/Govt./Quasi Govt./Autonomous Organization in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.
- The Firm/Company/Industry shall either be a public sector undertaking or a public limited undertaking registered in a stock exchange or a private concern whose annual turnover during the past 2 years exceeds Rs. 5.0 crores. For a candidate employed in an educational Institution, it should be recognized by AICTE.
- Full time sponsored candidates with GATE and without GATE can apply for admission to different academic programmes but their admission will be based on performance in an Interview/Written Test to be held at IIT Roorkee. The candidates will be called for an Interview/written test on the basis of their results of the qualifying degree.
IIT Roorkee PG Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.iitr.ac.in/
- For admission to PG programmes 2021, candidates need to register and fill the application Online only by accessing https://www.iitr.ac.in/admissions/pages/Postgraduate.html from April 10, 2021 to April 25, 2021.
- Before applying, candidates are advised to read the PG Information Brochure 2020 carefully and keep ready the scanned copies of required testimonials for uploading.
Apply for PG Program:
- Step 1 – Registration (Separate applications (with payment) are required for each Admission category)
- Step 2 – Complete Application Form
- Step 3 – Proceed to Payment
- Download the completed Application Form (Take a print out of the entire file. This printout is NOT to be sent to IIT Roorkee. It is only for the candidate’s own record purpose).
- For General/GEN-EWS/OBC Category :– Rs. 300/-
- For PD/SC/ST Category :– Rs. 150/-
- For Foreign candidates :– Nil
- Mode of Payment :- The requisite fee can be paid online using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank.
- All foreign candidates are requested to visit the website of International Relations, IIT Roorkee https://ir.iitr.ac.in/ for relevant information towards application submission, registration, fee structure, accommodation, etc.
Basis of Selection for Admission
- Admission will be made strictly in order of merit and the preferences for the programmes given by a candidate in his/her Application. The basis for determining a candidate’s merit position.
- Admission to various Postgraduate (PG) academic programmes of the Institute is open to all Indian candidates irrespective of caste, creed and sex.
- Admission to Postgraduate programmes for the academic session 2021-22 in different academic programmes leading to M.Tech./M.Arch./M.U.R.P. degrees including M.Tech. degree after M.Sc., for full time regular students with Ministry of Education (MOE) assistantship will be made on the basis of valid Normalized GATE marks only. Sponsored candidates may be admitted through an Interview/Written Test.
- There are approved numbers of seats in different programmes for which assistantships are given by the MOE to GATE qualified candidates selected for admission within the sanctioned intake. However, the Institute may admit assistantship from Govt. agencies like MNRE, provided the fellowship is approved for the concerned department(s), and deptt agree to admit more than the sanctioned intake.
- All the candidates seeking admission to the PG programmes leading to M.Tech./M.Arch./M.U.R.P. degree will have to apply online correctly in all respect.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website