IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019, Application, Eligibility, Dates
Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar announces M.Tech admission 2019
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019 - IIT Gandhinagar invites applications to M.Tech. Programs in Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth System Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science & Engineering for the year 2019-20
M.Tech Program Details
The M.Tech. curriculum at IIT Gandhinagar has been designed to be highly creative with a focus on interdisciplinary skills and high-quality thesis work
IIT Gandhinagar also offers the option of a post-graduate diploma in engineering (PGDIIT), which is a one-year program designed to be an intensive course-work based program with no thesis requirements
The M. Tech. Program at IITGN places strong emphasis on both coursework and research dissertation/thesis, while the PGDIIT Program only places emphasis on course work.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start date of application: 17th March 2019
- Last date of application: 12th April 2019
- Announcement of shortlist (tentative): 19th April 2019
- Written Test/ Interview (tentative): 10th to 13th May 2019
- Announcement of results (tentative): 30th May 2019
- Biological Engineering (Research Areas: Biological Sciences [Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Chemical Biology], Bioengineering [Biomedical Engineering, Rehabilitation technologies, Tissue Engineering], Biotechnology [Nano biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Protein and DNA Technologies, Bioremediation])
- Chemical Engineering (Research Areas: Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control)
- Civil Engineering (Research Areas: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Water-Resources Engineering)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Algorithms, Complexity theory, Machine learning, Data mining, Game theory, Mechanism design, Data science, Cryptography, Network security, Computer vision and graphics, and Computer architecture and systems)
- Earth System Science (Research Areas: Geomorphology, Water and Environment, Near Earth Surface Processes, Remote Sensing and GIS, Earth System Modelling)
- Electrical Engineering (Research Areas: Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering)
- Materials Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials)
- Mechanical Engineering (Research Areas: Thermal Science and Engineering, Dynamics and Control, Solid Mechanics)
Intake: 40 each for all the disciplines
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST)
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech. on a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT programme.
- B.Tech. graduates from the IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on scale of 10) would be eligible to admission without having to appear in GATE
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
- The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut-off levels for short listing. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
- 32-48 credits of coursework (equivalent of 8-12 courses)
- A typical course of 3 lectures per week is assigned 4 credits
- Course work would comprise
- Humanities, Social Sciences and Management Courses - minimum 6 credits
- General Institute Courses - minimum 6 credits
- Basic Engineering Courses - minimum 6 credits
- Departmental Core and Elective Courses - balance of the required credits.
- Normally spread over first 3 semesters
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019 Selection Procedure
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of a written test and interview
- The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and/or GATE score
- Institute reserves the right to use its own judgment while determining the candidate's level of competency based on the available information
- Final selection will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, GATE score, written test and interview
- Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic record and/or GATE, without calling them for written test and interview
- Written Test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), engineering mathematics, and basic courses in various disciplines up to 3rd year of undergraduate program
Eligible candidates admitted to full-time M.Tech. Programme will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs.12, 400/-. The students in PGDIIT/ M.Tech. On Part time basis will not receive any stipend/scholarship.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- All applications must be submitted online. On successful submission of the application form, a confirmation screen will appear with a link to download the submitted application form www.iitgn.ac.in
- If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline
- After successful submission of the application form, you will receive an application number and a link to download the application form. Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and self-attested copies of all the relevant documents at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Application Fees - Rs.100/- (SC/ST/PD Category), Rs.200/- (Others)
Email: email@example.com, Website www.iitgn.ac.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here