DTU M. Tech Admission 2018 - Dates, Eligibility, Application
Delhi Technology University M.Tech. Program 2018
Delhi Technology University (DTU), Formerly Delhi College of Engineering has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission to M. Tech Program for the academic year 2018-19
- Delhi Technological University (formerly known as Delhi College of Engineering) is one of the most well-known engineering institutions established by government. of Delhi. The university offers UG and PG programs in science and engineering.
- "Delhi Technological University is a non-affiliating teaching-cum-research University engaged in fostering excellence in education, research and innovations in engineering and technology, applied sciences and management."
- The University is inspired by talent and driven by innovations and is firmly committed to provide industry-relevant, socially-responsible manpower to meet the challenges of 21st Century
Also See : Engineering Entrance Exam
- Advertisement in Newspaper: 03rd May 2018
- Opening of website for online registration: 08th May 2018
- Last Date for Online Registration: 13th June 2018 at 12.00 pm midnight
- Scheduled for full time/PT/SFI
- Display of eligible candidates list for 1st round on DTU Website: 26th June 2018
- Display of eligible candidates list for written exam for PT/SFT/FT (BME, IBT, CDN branches): 26th June 2018
- Written Exam for PT/SFT/FT (BME, IBT, CDN): 30th June 2018 at 11.00 am
- List of Shortlisted: 07th July 2018
- 01st Round admission at DTU for all branches: 10th July 2018
- Submission of Freezing Forms in the Dept.: 10th July 2018 by 05.00 pm
- 02nd Round admissions also the last date of admission at DTU (selected candidates are required to report along with original documents): 29th July 2018
- Display of vacant seats for spot round on DTU Admission Website: 06th August 2018
- Spot Round of Admission at DTU (selected candidates are required to report along with original documents): 14th August 2018
- The University offers 20 M. Tech Programs in various disciplines of Engineering & Technology as given below:
- Name of Dept.: Applied Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Information Technology; Electrical Engineering; Environment Engineering; Mechanical Engineering
- Program Name & Code: Polymer Technology (PTE); Nano Science & Technology (NST); Nuclear Science & Engineering (NSE); Bioinformatics (BIO); Biomedical Engineering (BME); Industrial Biotechnology (IBT); Civil Engineering (CE); Geotechnical Engineering (GTE); Hydraulics & Water Resources Engineering (HRE); Structural Engineering (STE); Computer Science & Engineering (CSE); Software Engineering (SWE); Information System (ISY); Microwave & Optical Communication* (MOC); Signal Processing & Digital Design (SPD); VLSI Design and Embedded System (VLS); Control & Instrumentation (C&I); Power System (PSY); Environmental Engineering (ENE); Computational Design (CDN); Production Engineering (PIE); Renewable Energy Technology (RET) and Thermal Engineering (THE)
- Admission will be made on the basis of written test to be conducted by the DTU Fellowship will not be granted to these candidates (GATE or Non-GATE) admitted in these programs
- The details of the essential qualification required for different M. Tech Programs along with the number of GATE fellowships available in each program is given in Annexure-I.
- Candidates who possess the minimum educational qualifications as indicated are eligible to seek admission to these M. Tech Programs. In addition, candidates of General category must have secured at least 60% marks.
- In case of CGPA if the equivalent percentage marks is not provided the formula given below will be used to convert CGPA into equivalent percentage of marks
- CGPA= (% of Marks + 7.5) / 10
- Percentage of Marks = 10 X CGPA - 7.5
- Admission to M.Tech Programs leading to M.Tech degree as will be open to the candidates qualified in GATE on the basis of valid Normalized GATE marks only in the subjects; the normalized GATE marks of different papers will be used to prepare the merit list for programs of a dept
- Final year students who will be completing all the requirements of their qualifying exam including back paper(s)/supplementary (ies) before the date of registration may also apply
- Such candidates may be admitted provisionally but they will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying degree with the required percentage of marks or CGPA latest by 30th Sept.-2018 failing which their admission shall be cancelled
- Candidates 05 seats (supernumerary) each are available in all the 22 M.Tech Programs offered by the University subject to the provisions given below:
- These candidates must have a minimum of three years of continuous full-time work experience in the sponsoring organisation till the last date of submission of application; for a candidate employed in an educational Institution, it should be recognized by AICTE.
- Candidates should upload/submit the sponsorship certificate along with the application, duly signed by the Head of the Institution/Organization on the proforma as per Annexure-3.
- Admission to the Sponsored Full-Time M.Tech Program (except for DRDO sponsored candidates) will be made on the basis of merit in a written test conducted by the respective departments from amongst the candidates who have registered online.
- Candidates will have to score at least 50% marks in the written test in addition to having fulfilled all other eligibility criteria as specified for that program.
Part-Time Sponsored Candidates (Three years duration)
- The University also offers Part time program in all the 22 M. Tech Programs of Engineering and Technology; the number of part time sponsored seats are 10 in each course subject to the provisions given below
- The detailed seat matrix is available at DTU Website www.dtuadmissions.nic.in
Reservation of Seats
- Admissions to the PG Programs as mentioned in Annexure-1 will be made on All Indian basis. The University follows the reservations rules of Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- Reservation of Seats & Relaxation for DTU Delhi
- The University follows the reservations rules of Govt. of Delhi. Reservation of Seats: SC- 15%, ST- 7.5%, OBC- 27%, PWD- 05% (Horizontal)
- The 5% reservation may be allocated as follows: 1% for persons with low vision or blindness; 1% for hearing impaired; 1% for those with locomotors disabilities and or cerebral palsy
- For admission to M. Tech Programs 2018 ALL candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing www.dtuadmissions.nic.in
- The application process is completed only when a print out of the filled ONLINE application form is taken after paying online the registration fee of Rs.1000/- through Credit/Debit Card /Net Banking
- The Candidate must bring a duly signed copy of the same along with a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate places on the form on the day of counselling
- Fee for online registration is Rs.1000/- to be paid online through credit/debit card/net banking at the time of registration and choice filling. The registration shall not be complete without the payment of registration fee
- A convenience charge @1% plus taxes will be levied on every online registration fee payment. If a candidate wishes to apply for admission in a program offered by different departments then he/she will have to register separately in that department by paying separate online registration fee
Delhi Technological University
(Govt. of NCT of Delhi), Delhi Technological University, (Formerly Delhi College of Engineering), Shahbad Daulatpur, Bawana Road, Delhi-110042, Tel.: +91-11-2787-1016, Website www.dtu.ac.in