Here, in this article, we will provide all the details regarding BITSAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria, age limit and educational qualifications required. BITSAT 2022 is a Computer based online test for Admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS Pilani Campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2022
- *The candidates who join in M.Sc. programme are eligible to apply for dual degree in Engineering at BITS Pilani after completion of first year. This assignment is made by competition on their performance at BITS at the end of the first year. (For more details refer to Admissions Modality available on the BITS admissions website.)
- For admission to all the above programmes except B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for the Pharmacy program.
Admissions to all the programmes are subject to the conditions given below:
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12 th examination in 2022 or who have passed the 12th Examination in 2021 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2022 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2020 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2022. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2022.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2022. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers: In the past, the admission process of the Institute always ensured guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations.
- This has given a very vital input of highly meritorious students from all over India. First rank students of State and Central boards in India for the year 2022 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2022 score as per the eligibility criteria. The detailed eligibility criteria, application procedure, and prescribed application form will be available by 10th July, 2022 at www.bitsadmission.com
- Further details about the Board Toppers’ scheme will be available at BITS admission website tentatively by 10th July, 2022
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exam
BITSAT Test Preparation CDs & Solved Question Papers Books
BITSAT 2022 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)