GATE 2021 Eligibility Criteria, Education Qualification for GATE Exam
- Age Limit – There is no age limit for GATE applicants.
- Nationality – The candidates should be of Indian nationality. Candidates belonging to Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia, and United Arab Emirates will also be eligible for GATE 2021.
GATE 2021 Relaxation in Eligibility Criteria
- In another newly introduced change, students applying for GATE 2021 can also opt for two subject papers from the prescribed set of combinations.
- Indian Institue of Bombay has also relaxed the eligibility criteria for students. According to the institute’s statement, GATE 2021 Eligibility criteria have been relaxed from the minimum 10+2+4 (ongoing) to a minimum of 10+2+3 (ongoing). It will enable even those in the third year of their undergraduate studies to appear for the examination.
GATE 2021 Educational Requirement
- Before starting the application process, the candidate must ensure that he/she meets the educational eligibility criteria of GATE 2021, which are enumerated in given below:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc. /M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through exams conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/MHRD as equivalent to BE/B. Tech; those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible
Read More – GATE 2021 Exam Dates Announced, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
- There is no minimum pass percentage in the qualifying degree while applying for GATE 2021
Recommended Read –