AEEE 2020 Amrita Engineering Entrance Exam Notification
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham announces Engineering Entrance Examination (AEEE) 2020 for admission to B. Tech Program
AEEE 2020 - Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham invites application for admission to B.Tech Program for the academic session through Amrita Entrance Exam - Engineering 2020 (AEEE 2020) or Joint Entrance Examination Mains 2020 (JEE Mains 2020).
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham conducts Entrance Exam (AEEE) every year on an all India basis for admission to the 4-year B.Tech. Degree Programs offered at Amrita Schools of Engineering - Amravati*, Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Chennai, Coimbatore Campuses.70% of the seat allotment will be through AEEE 2020 and 30% through JEE Mains 2020 (one of the sessions). A candidate can choose to apply either through AEEE 2020/JEE Mains 2020 or both
Candidates can check below the complete details about AEEE 2020 including its eligibility criteria, application procedure, syllabus, exam pattern, admit card, important dates, result and counselling.
Admission to B.Tech Programs of 2020 Batch
- AEEE 2020 exam date is out. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University will conduct the AEEE in April. The Computer-based test will be held from 23rd to 27th April 2020, whereas
- The application form will be available in both online and offline mode.
- Admission to B.Tech Programmes offered at Amrita Schools of Engineering - Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Coimbatore, Chennai, Amaravati* is on the basis of one of the following: rank scored in Amrita Entrance Examination - Engineering 2020 or rank scored in JEE Mains 2020.
- Amrita University offers over 190 undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral Programs in Engineering, Business, Arts & Sciences, Biotechnology, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Ayurveda
- The University is spread across five Campuses in three states of India Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
- Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita University offers the following B. Tech. Programs in its Amaravati*, Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Chennai and Coimbatore Campuses.
Courses Offered (B.Tech Programs) with Campuses
- The various B.Tech Programs offered in the three Schools of Engineering are listed below:
- Coimbatore - Aerospace Engineering/ Chemical Engineering
- Coimbatore, Chennai - Civil Engineering
- Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Coimbatore, Chennai - Computer Science and Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering; Mechanical Engineering
- Bengaluru, Coimbatore - Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for AEEE 2020
- Interested candidates should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates shall be born on or after 01st July 1999
- A pass in 10+2 (class XII) or its equivalent securing an aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with not less than 55% marks in each of these three subjects (or)
- A three-year Diploma in Engineering with minimum 60% marks, awarded by any State Board of Technical Education
- Those who appear for the above examination in March/April 2020 and expect to secure minimum marks as above, may also apply
- Note that because of the fact that the information brochure of AEEE 2020is not yet available only schedule date has been announced now, we are giving here data based on last year's brochure
- AEEE is a University level entrance examination administered by Amrita University. Applicants can register for AEEE 2020 by filling and submitting application form online or offline. Click here to apply ONLINE / OFFLINE
- Amrita Entrance Examination - Engineering 2020 is conducted in two modes:
- Computer Based Test (CBT), on 5 days with 3 slots on each day.
- Pen & Paper Test (PPT), conducted only in Tamil Nadu, one slot on one day
AEEE 2020 Duration, Pattern & Evaluation
- AEEE will be of 2 ½ hours (150 minutes) duration and there will be one question paper containing 100 objective type (multiple-choice types) questions in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Each question will be followed by four answers of which one is correct/most appropriate
- Mathematics - 40 No. of Questions and 120 Marks
- Physics - 30 No. of Questions and 90 Marks
- Chemistry - 30 No. of Questions and 90 Marks
- Total - 100 No. of Questions and 300 Marks
- 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer. For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score. If no response is indicated in the answer sheet against a question, no marks, positive or negative will be awarded.
- If more than one answer indicated against a question, it will be treated as “incorrect answer” and 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
AEEE 2020 Syllabus
- The syllabus consists of three sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The questions are based on the syllabus in Class 11th & Class 12th. The pattern of exam paper for AEEE-2020 is given in Appendix-III
- Answers marked can be changed later, before the final submission of all the answers. Candidates can practice the test online through the link published in amrita.edu/btech.
- The names of those cities in which CBT and PPT Exams will be conducted are listed in Appendix-I. Choose the city listed in the online application to write the exam. Candidates shall fill three choices of cities to attend AEEE-2020.
Requests for Change of Exam City/Town
- Normally, the requests for change of cities will not be entertained after the application submission. The decision of the Admission Committee will be final in case of any such requests raised in this regard.
- Number of Questions & Mark Distribution
- Total number of questions is 100, 30 each from Physics & Chemistry, 40 from Mathematics.
- Mathematics – 40 Questions and 120 Marks
- Physics – 30 Questions and 90 Marks
- Chemistry – 30 Questions and 90 Marks
- Total – 100 Questions and 300 Marks
AEEE 2020 Admit Card
- Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate to attend the exam. Admit Card to write the exam is generated only to those eligible candidates who have submitted their application form complete in all respects, on or before the last date specified. Photograph and signature image shall be uploaded on or before the last date.
- Admit cards to attend AEEE 2020 shall be downloaded from the website as per schedule [refer Important dates section] by logging into their registered account using their registered Email ID / Application Number and Date of Birth. Intimation in this regard is sent by SMS and email.
- Admit Card will not be sent by post. Visit “https://www.amrita.edu/btech” to see the link to download the Admit Card
- The Admit Card will contain details like the Name and Registration Number of the candidate, Date of Exam, Address of the Exam Centre allotted etc.
- Apply online and Register for Amrita Entrance Examination – Engineering 2020 / Choose the JEE Mains option
- Submit your academic preference (campus + branch) prior to the registration for Seat Allotment
- Register online for Seat Allotment after the publication of results
- Accept the seat offer if satisfied with the allotment
Pay the tuition fees online
- Satisfy the eligibility criteria by producing the original marks statement at the time of document verification
- Classes to commence in the mid of July
Cost of Application for AEEE 2020
- INR 1000 for candidates seeking admission through Amrita Entrance Exam Engineering 2020 and INR 300 for candidates seeking admission based on the rank/score secured in JEE Mains 2020
- Candidates need to pay only INR 1000 if they wish to secure admission through both AEEE 2020 rank and JEE Mains 2020 rank.
- The application fee may be paid either by credit/debit card or net banking. Please note that fee submitted through any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. is not accepted for online applications
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
AEEE 2020 Application Process
- To apply for Amrita Entrance Examination Engineering (AEEE-2020), the eligible and interested candidates should register for AEEE-2020 by submitting an application in the prescribed form either ONLINE or by using a printed OMR application, BUT NOT BOTH.
- Based on the rank obtained by the candidates in AEEE-2020, candidates will be called for admission counseling and candidates can choose their branch & campus from any of the available seats as per their preference and eligibility during counselling
- Application Form can be downloaded from the website www.amrita.edu of Amrita University
- Application can be submitted either online or using printed OMR application form; application can be submitted either online or using printed OMR application form
- Application Fee Rs.1000/- for CBT as well as P&P (application fee once paid will not be refunded)
- Applications can be procured in person from the Admission office of Amrita Schools of Engineering at Amritapuri, Bengaluru or Coimbatore on producing a Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of "Amrita School of Engineering" payable at Coimbatore
- Application can also be obtained by post, from the Admission Coordinators of Amrita Schools of Engineering at Amritapuri, Bengaluru or Coimbatore (address given below), on a written request indicating applicant's full communication address together with a Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of "Amrita School of Engineering" payable at Coimbatore
- Apply through Amrita University Website http://aeee.amrita.edu/regCandidate.aspx
- If there is any difficulty faced by the candidate to complete the application, please send an email to email@example.com. Payment can be done through either Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking
- In case if you are paying the application form fee as demand draft, you should have the demand draft with you for Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of "Amrita School of Engineering", payable at Coimbatore
- On receipt of application fee (i) "ONLINE" or (ii) in the form of Demand Draft along with printed copy of completed application form downloaded from the admission portal on or before March 2020, an email will be sent to the registered Email-ID containing the details of the payment receipt and application confirmation
- For all enquiries related to Entrance Exam, and admission process, please call: +91-422-2685169/170
AEEE 2020 Important Dates
- Commencement of Online Application Form: 19th September 2019
- Last Date to Submit the Online Application Form: 06th April 2020
- Slot booking Closes for CBT: 10th April 2020
- Application Submission Closes for PPT 25th April 2020
- AEEE CBT Based Test will be held on 23rd to 27th April 2020 (3 slots each of 2.5 hrs. duration)
- Commencement of Online Registration for Seat Allotment: 05th May 2020
- Pen and Paper Test is due to be held on 02nd May 2020 (one slot of 2.5 hrs. duration (10:00 to 12:30 hrs)
- Publication of AEEE Results: 07th May 2020
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here