counter customizable free hit

Home >> Admission-Notification >>

University of Calcutta Master of Library & Info Science Admission 2018

Calcutta University MLIS Admission 2018

 

Department of Library and Information Science, University of Calcutta, Kolkata invites application for admission to Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS) Course scheduled to be conducted during January 2018- December 2019

 

Intake Capacity
27 [60% direct admission for CU students according to marks and remaining 40% from rest applicants (CU and other University) by Admission Test (merit wise)]

 

Eligibility  

Candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications:

I. A BLIS degree of this University in 2015 – 16 and 2016 – 17 sessions

II. Candidates who have appeared in the BLIS Examination 2017 may also apply

III. Candidates possessing BLIS or equivalent degree of other recognized Universities or Institutions in current session may also apply

 

 

Selection Process

Selection will be made as per university rules; admission will be made strictly on basis of merit; and selection list will be displayed on the notice board; no personal communication will be made with the selected candidates

The date of Admission Test (for 40% seats) will be notified further in the Departmental Notice Board and also in the University Website

 

Application

Application form can be downloaded from the official website of University of Calcutta www.caluniv.ac.in

Duly filled-in-Application in the prescribed form available at the University website accompanied by the counterpart of receipt on payment of Rs.300/- (for General & OBC candidates) and Rs.150/- (for SC/ST/PH candidates) at University Cash Counter, will be received by the Dept. of Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor), College Street, Kolkata-700073 from 11.00 am to 02.00 pm

Candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications; admission will be made in order of merit with reservations (SC/ST/OBC and PH) as per prescribed norms
Forms sent by post will not be accepted

For more information visit the university website: www.caluniv.ac.in

 

Important Dates  

 

Last Date of Submission of Application Form: 11th December 2017

 

Date of Publication of Merit List/Selection List: 15th December 2017

 

Date of Admission-cum-Counseling for 60% Seats: 19th December 2017

 

Date of Publication of List for Admission Test (40% Seats): 21st December 2017

 

Date of Publication of Result for Remaining 40% Seats: 29th December 2017

 

Date of Admission cum-Counseling for 40% Seats: 03rd January 2018

Date of Commencement of Class: 09th January 2018

 

University of Calcutta, Kolkata

(Dept. of Library & Information Science), Faculty Council for PG Studies in Education, Journalism and Library Science, University of Calcutta, Website www.caluniv.ac.in

 

For any query,  candidates are requested to check the official website  .

Click here  or more Admission Notification.

For more details, follow SuccessCDs ( FacebookGoogle PlusTwitter )