HPU Shimla M.Phil LLM Admissions 2019 – Dates, Application
Himachal Pradesh University MPhil and LLM Admission Notification 2019-20
HPU Shimla M.Phil and LLM Admissions 2019 - Himachal Pradesh University Summerhill, Shimla, Admission will release the notification for admission to the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Master of Laws (LLM) Programs in different disciplines for the academic year 2019-20.
Relating to the Competitive Tests
- M.Phil. Subject (Hindi, Sanskrit, Performing Arts, Economics, English, Public Administration, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, History, Mathematics, Commerce, Education, Physical Education, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Bio-Technology, Yoga, Rural Development etc.)
- Last date for submission of online application form: 31st August 2019
Dates of Entrance Tests
- M.Phil. (Chem. Bot., Zool., Pol.Sc., Psy., Yoga): 23rd September 2019, [10.00 a.m.]
- M.Phil (Hist., Eng., Commr., Phy. Edu. Perf. Arts).: 23rd September 2019 [02.00 p.m.]
- M.Phil. (Phy., Math., Bio-Tech., Hindi, Skt., Eco., Rural Dev.): 24th September -2019 [10.00 a.m.]
- M.Phil. (Geog., Pub. Admn., Soc., Education) & LL.M. etc.: 24th September 2019 [02.00 p.m.]
- Date of declaration of result of LLM/M.Phil. (All Courses) (On or before 15th October 2019)
- Date of Interview/Admission: 21th October 2019 [10.00 AM. to 02.00 PM.]
Courses of Study
M.Phil. (All Courses)
- M.Phil. shall be a full-time regular course of study with regular attendance in classes and seminars. The fee deposited will not be refundable under any circumstances.
- M.Phil. Exam shall consist of (a) Courses (b) dissertation and Viva-Voce. The course of study for M.Phil. shall be as prescribed by the Board of Studies in the subject concerned and approved by the appropriate bodies from time to time.
- The duration of MPhil Course shall be of one year (two consecutive semester) and a maximum of two years.
- Extension beyond the above limit will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the statutes/Ordinance of H.P. University.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Phil.
- A candidate seeking admission to the M.Phil course must have at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PwD) in the subject concerned at Master's level.
Qualifying Marks for Admission to M.Phil.
- It was decided that qualifying marks in the Entrance Test for admission to Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) shall be 50% (at par with Ph.D.). In case of SC/ST candidates, qualifying marks in the Entrance Test shall be 45%.
- A candidate seeking admission to the M.Phil. course in Biotechnology must have at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST) in M.Sc. Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biochemistry.
- The admission to the course will be made as under:
- For Course under Faculty of One paper of 100 marks of 2 hours' duration. The written test Physical / Life Sciences shall be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)in each subject & Education There will be 100 Questions of 1 mark each.
- For courses under Faculties of i) One paper of 75 marks of 1½ hour's duration Languages:
- Part-I Multiple Choice of one Mark each: 35 Questions & 35 Marks
- Part-II Long Questions: 40 Marks
- The candidates for Interview/Counselling shall be called in ratio of 1:3. The admission in all the streams shall be made on the basis of merit to be prepared by the concerned Department(s)/Institute(s)
Master of Laws (LLM)
No. of Seats
- Total Seats = 21 Seats
- Subsidized Seats = 16 Seats
- Non-Subsidized Seats = 05 Seats
Eligibility Criteria for LLM
- Admission will be open to the Law graduates of Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla who have obtained LL.B. (Professional) Degree as well as Law graduates of other Universities in India whose Law Degree is recognized as equivalent to the LL.B. Degree of Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla on reciprocal basis.
- Provided he/she has consistent good academic record with first or high second class in LL.B. (Professional) Degree with at least 55% Marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates) or B Plus in the grade system marks or an equivalent degree of a foreign University.
- Note: The consistent good academic record means average of 55% in any two examination prior to LL.B. Degree (i.e. Matric, 10+2 and Graduation) or 50% marks in each of the examinations separately.
- Admission will be made strictly on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the Entrance Test.
- The Entrance Test will consist of one paper of 100 multiple choice questions. The questions will be set from the courses taught in LLB with emphasis on the following areas:
- Business Law
- Environmental Law
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law
- Human Rights Law
- Minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test will be 50% (45% in case of SC/ST candidates).
- Admission to subsidized seats will be made as per the provisions under clause 09 and admission to Non-subsidized seats will be made as per provisions under clause 10 of the Handbook of Information.
Duration of the Course
- LL.M. shall be a full time regular course of study pursued by regular attendance in classes and seminars.
- The duration of the course shall be one academic year spread over two semesters. There shall be an examination at the end of each semester.
- Fee for Non-subsidized seats shall be Rs.5,0000/- per year plus other charges as mentioned in clauses 3.1, 3.2 & 3.3 of the Hand Book of Information. The fee once deposited will not be refundable under any circumstances.
- Online Application Forms are available on the website of H.P. University i.e. www.hpuniv.ac.in / www.admissions.hpushimla.in
- Applicant must write his/ her address in Block letters indicating the Pin Code No. while requesting for the Handbook of Information by post.
- There will be separate Application Forms, for subsidized and Non-subsidized seats. Each duly filled in online application form with fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/Antodaya/IRDP candidates).
- The fee for Non-Subsidized seats is Rs 1000/- The fee once deposited shall not be refundable under any circumstances.
- For more detail information log on to www.hpuniv.nic.in
- Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Office of the Dean of Studies, Shimla-171005, Tele: 0177‐2830922 or 0177‐2832922, Website: www.hpuniv.nic.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!