WB State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE) Diploma and Other Courses Admissions 2019
WB State Council of Technical Education Entrance Test for Diploma Courses 2019
WBSCTE Diploma and Other Courses Admission 2019 - Applications are invited from the interested candidates for admission into various diploma courses for the year 2019.
Courses and duration:
- Diploma in Modern office Practice & Management (MOPM): 3 years
- Diploma in 3D Animation & Graphics (3DAG): 2 years
- Diploma in Pharmacy (PHARM): 2 years
- Post Diploma in Petrochemical Engineering (PDPC): 18 months
- Post Diploma in Medical Electronics (PDME): 18 months
- Part Time Morning Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical & Civil (For ST candidates only): 4 years
Important Dates for WBSCTE Diploma and Other Courses Admission 2019
- Availability of Application Form: 28 May 2019
- Last date of submission of Application Form: 10 June 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 30 June 2019
Eligibility Criteria for WBSCTE Diploma and Other Courses Admission 2019
Candidates must be Indian Citizen
a) MOPM & 3DAG:- Female candidates who passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent examination from any recognized Institution are eligible for MOPM & 3DAG courses in Women’s
Polytechnic, Kolkata (English must be one of the subjects of study at Secondary (10) and Higher Secondary (10+2) level for MOPM Candidates).
b) Pharmacy: - Passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent examination in General Stream Course with Physics, Chemistry & Biology or Mathematics. Candidates passed Higher Secondary (10+2) examination or equivalent examination in Vocational Stream Courses is not eligible for admission, as per prescribed admission eligibility of Pharmacy Council of India.
c) PDPC: - Passed 3-years Diploma in Chemical Engineering from any Polytechnic recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCT&VE&SD) or its equivalent OR B.Sc. (Hons.) in Chemistry from a recognized University obtaining at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in qualifying examination for PDPC Candidates.
d) PDME: - Passed 3-years Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering / Computer Science & Technology / Computer Software Technology / Medical Laboratory Technology from any Polytechnic recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCT&VE&SD) or its equivalent OR Bachelor Degree in Science having combination of at least any two subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Electronics, Physiology, Zoology or Statistics from a recognized University obtaining at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in qualifying examination for PDME Candidates.
e) P/T- ME, EE & CE: Candidates who passed Madhyamik or equivalent examination are eligible. ST candidates who are citizens of India and domiciled in West Bengal for at least last two years from the date of application are only eligible for admission to these courses.
f) P/T – MIN: The sponsored candidates from M/s Eastern Coalfield Limited (ECL) should have passed Madhyamik / Secondary / equivalent examination with Physical Science and Mathematics and must possess at least 3 years’ post qualification working experience in Mining related jobs as on last date of submission of application. Application from the following categories of employees working in any mine of ECL would not be considered:–
(i) Over man, (ii) Mining Sirdar (ii) Surface Worker, (iii) Surveyors or persons working in Survey
Department and (iv) Piece rated worker. The sponsored candidates from other Mining organizations except M/s Eastern Coalfield Limited should possess:–
i) Pass in Madhyamik / Secondary / equivalent examinations holding National Trade Certificate (NTC) with one year post qualification working experience in the related field; OR
ii) Pass in Higher Secondary examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and must possess one year post qualification working experience in the related Mining field; OR
iii) Pass in Madhyamik / Secondary / equivalent examination with Physical Science and Mathematics and three years’ post qualification working experience in the related Mining field.
- For MOPM, 3DAG, PDPC, PDME: Date of birth should not be after 01st July 2004
- P/T- ME, EE, CE: Date of Birth should not be after 01st July 2004
- P/T- MIN: Not below 19 years as on 01st January 2019
- Pharmacy (PH): Candidate shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 01st January of the year for admission to the Pharmacy course.
Reservation of seats for SC, ST and PC (Physically Challenged or Handicapped) category candidates in Government level Institutes will be as per existing norms of the Government. Candidates have to produce their original SC, ST or PC Certificates issued by the competent authority of the state of West Bengal at the time of counselling and/ or admission. SC/ST candidates of the states other than West Bengal will not get the benefit of such reservation.
WBSCTE Diploma and Other Courses Admission 2019 Selection Process
- For Diploma in Pharmacy & Part Time Diploma in Mining courses, there will be either centralized or Institute-level Common Entrance Test. Questions will be of MCQ type consisting of Mathematics (50 marks), Physics (15 marks), Chemistry (15 marks) & General Knowledge (20 marks) for Part Time Diploma in Mining course and Mathematics (30 marks), Physics (20 marks), Chemistry (20 marks) & Biology (30 marks) for Diploma in Pharmacy course. Questions will be of the standards of qualifying examinations. Information related to Examination centres, issuance of admit cards and other related issues will be notified in due course of time in the aforesaid website of the Council. Entrance Tests will be held on 30 June, 2019 (Sunday). For all other courses, selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the eligible applicants in qualifying examination. In case of any change, candidates will be informed immediately by notification in the Council's website.
Application Process for WBSCTE Diploma and Other Courses Admission 2019
- The prescribed Application Form is to be downloaded from the Council’s website www.webscte.co.in from 28th May 2019 (Print out of the Application Form to be taken on both sides of a page) for all courses except Diploma in Pharmacy. Online application portal for admission to the diploma in Pharmacy course will be activated on the council’s website www.webscte.co.in shortly.
- The Application Form, duly filled-in, should be submitted in person or through messenger to ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED RESPECTIVE INSTITUTE (Example: for Diploma in 3DAG, filled in Application Forms to be submitted to the Institute conducting Diploma in 3DAG course) on any working day [except Sundays and gazetted holidays] between 11.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. within 10.06.2019 along with cash of Rs.500/- (For Kanyashree candidates, Rs.250/-) only towards application fee. Applicants of Diploma in Pharmacy course have to take print out of their filled in application form in duplicate from the web-portal, put full signature at the specified place in the application form and submit the same with cash of Rs.500/- (For Kanyashree candidates, Rs.250/-) only towards application fee to any of the above listed Polytechnics/Institutions conducting diploma in Pharmacy course within 10.06.2019. For Saturdays, submission time is from 11.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
- Applicants for the Part Time Morning Diploma Courses of ICV Polytechnic need not to give any fee at the time of submission of application.
For more details visit the official website
West Bengal State Council of Technical Education
(A Statutory Body under West Bengal Act XXI of 1995)
“Karigari Bhavan”, 4th Floor, Plot No. B/7, Action Area –III Rajarhat, Newtown, Kolkata- 700160
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here