WBJEE JEEDEC 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application, Exam Pattern
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board announces JEEDEC 2019 for admission to Bachelor Degree in Civil, Electrical & Mechanical Engineering (Evening) Course
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Notification - The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board had recently released a notification for Joint Entrance Examination for Entry to the 1st year to study in five year evening course for Bachelor Degree in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering in Jadavpur University for the academic year 2019-20
The Joint Entrance Examination for WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 will be organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB).
Candidates can see more regarding more information regarding How to Apply, Important Dates and various other important information by reading the page below.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Important Dates
- Online Registration starts from: 02nd April 2019 to 16th April 2019
- Last Date for filling up the Form & Payment of Fee: 16th April 2019
- Online Correction & Downloading revised Confirmation Page: 17th to 19th April 2019
- Publication of Downloadable Admit Card: 04th July 2019 (Tentative)
- Date of Examinations: 13th July 2019 (Saturday)
- Publication of Results: 13th August 2019 (tentative)
Eligibility Criteria for WBJEE JEEDEC 2019
- The applicant must be a citizen of India
- Candidates must have qualified Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination in Science Stream in regular class mode of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized Council/Board with or equivalent grade point
- Individual pass mark in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects
- Minimum of 60% marks in above subjects taken together (45% for SC / ST / PWD / OBC-A / OBC-B candidates) having 60% marks in Mathematics (45% for SC/ST/PWD/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) as well as pass marks in English with a minimum of 30% (for all categories of candidates) in the said qualifying examination.
- Candidate must have passed with 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/PWD/OBCA/OBC-B) in Diploma Examination from UGC recognized Indian University / Government /Statutory Body in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
- The candidate must also obtain ‘No Objection Certificate’ for the course of study from his/her employer.
- The final seat matrix is subject to approval by the concerned authority and will be announced at the time of counselling
- It should also be noted that the candidate can opt for admission only in the same corresponding Degree course in which he/she has passed his/her Diploma.
- In respect of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD, applicable Acts/Rules of the Government of West Bengal prevailing at the time of admission will be followed. Such Reservation is available only to candidates domiciled in west Bengal
- As the reservation for PWD (persons with disability) candidates is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in General/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category to which he/she belongs
- List of such reserved seats will be announced by the concerned counselling authority before counseling
- Candidates claiming such seats must submit relevant Certificate issued from either of the competent Authorities as enlisted below
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Exam Pattern
- Date of Examination: 13th July 2019 (Saturday)
- The paper will contain fifty (50) MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) type questions, with four answer options each. Each question carries 2 marks, full mark of the paper is 100 and duration of the test are 2 hours.
- The questions will be in English language only
- Examination mode will be pen paper
- A correct response will yield 2 (two) mark
- An incorrect response will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks
- The admission test will be held in Kolkata only
Counselling and Admission
- WBJEEB does not conduct counselling or admission into the five years evening courses for Bachelor Degree in Civil / Mechanical /Electrical Engineering at Jadavpur University
- The Board only conducts the entrance examination and publishes the merit list
- The counselling is conducted by Jadavpur University
- Successful candidates are advised to seek detailed information regarding counselling and admission from Jadavpur University.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Application Form
- Application for the JEEDEC 2019 has to be made ONLINE only through the web- portal www.wbjeeb.in.
- The candidate will first enter the registration details i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name and Date of birth, mobile number and email ID. Thereafter, the candidate has to choose password and security question/answer; the candidate will be then asked to submit the registration detail; an application number will be generated, and SMS/email will be sent to the candidate
- For making the application, the candidate needs to have a working mobile number and an email ID. All future communications will be done using them only; the application procedure is interactive in nature.
Payment and Confirmation
- The candidate has to take a print out of the e-challan for payment of fees of Rs. 510/- (Application Fee = Rs. 500/- and Bank Charges = Rs. 10/-). Carry the e-challan to any branch of Allahabad Bank and make payment.
- After making the payment, the candidate has to login again and enter relevant payment details.
- At the end of these four steps candidate will “SUBMIT” finally, when system will automatically generate a confirmation page.
- The candidate needs to download, take a print out and preserve this confirmation page
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Admit Card
- Admit cards will be generated on the notified date for the student to download and to take a print. Candidate has to carry to the examination centre a printed hard copy of the admit card.
- Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated/ distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/ distorted/ soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in JEEDEC-2019.
For more information visit the website www.wbjeeb.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here