VITEEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National / PIO.
- Foreign Candidates studied/studying abroad can apply directly through foreign category only at https://admissions.vit.ac.in/irapplicationug/
Age Limit :
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 2000 are eligible to apply for UG Engineering admission (UGEA) 2022. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling / admission, failing which they will be disqualified.
- Candidates applying for UG Engineering admission should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2022, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- As per VIT Norms, Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for Undergraduate Engineering programmes. Applicants should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
- They should also provide the marks secured in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Total (including all subjects) and upload the scanned copy of the mark list and other relevant documents whenever available on the application form.
- For Indian nationals/ NRI/ PIO card holders, appearance in VITEEE-22 is mandatory to be eligible for B. Tech. admission under regular mode (Applicants under International/NRI quota exempted) . In case VITEEE gets cancelled due to natural calamities, qualifying criteria may be substituted with higher secondary marks or JEE-22 or a valid SAT. Applicants will be informed with specifics in such cases.
Eligibility Criteria For The Qualifying Examination:
- Candidates applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2022 should have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- Candidates applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2022 should have passed with minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate) for the following categories:
Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. CERTIFICATE TO PROVE COMMUNITY / NATIVITY should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates having studied Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry in +2 / Higher Secondary Board are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes
- Candidates having studied Biology/Physics/Chemistry in +2/ Higher Secondary Board are eligible for the following Bio stream programmes only. Upon joining, the students need to mandatorily register for a bridge course in Mathematics
- B.Tech. Bio-engineering(VIT-Bhopal)
- B.Tech. Biotechnology(VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics(VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Specialization in Health Informatics) (VIT-Bhopal)