Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) announces Admission to PhD Program for July 2021 Session
VIT PhD Admission 2021 – Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) invites applications from interested candidates for admission to Research (PhD) /Integrated PhD Program for July 2021 Session.
Candidates can check the complete information about VIT PhD Admission 2021 like eligibility criteria, the application process, fees, selection, exam pattern, etc from the page below.
List of Schools where PhD Program is available
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)
- School of Advanced Sciences
- School of Bio Sciences and Technology
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Computing Science & Engg.
- School of Electrical Engineering
- School of Information Tech. & Engg.
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- VIT Business School
- VIT Law School
- VFIT Fashion Technology Program
VIT PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date for Submitting Online Application: 14th May 2021
- Last date for Uploading of Certificates (qualifying degree mark sheet (PG)): 14th May 2021
- Date of Online Interview at Respective Campus (tentative): 29th & 30th May 2021
- Declaration of Results (tentative): 10th June 2021
- Last date for Payment of Tuition Fee at their Respective Campus through Online Mode: 24th June 2021
Eligibility Criteria for VIT PhD Admission 2021
- (10+2+4+2 or any equivalent for Ph.D. in Engineering) or (10+2+3+2 or any equivalent for Ph.D. in Non-Engineering) or (10+2+5 year Integrated M.Tech. programme, Integrated M.S Programme in Engg. & Integrated. M.Sc. (Biotech) in Non-Engg.)
- For PhD in Engineering: Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant discipline with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks (of all the years/semesters) wherever marks are awarded / CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where letter grades are awarded or Equivalent qualifications like M.Sc. (Engineering) / M.S. [By Research.] / M.Tech [By Research].
- For Integrated PhD in Engineering/ Technology: Bachelor’s Students with outstanding academic record in the Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology with an aptitude towards advanced scientific and technological research are eligible to apply. A minimum of 80% marks or a CGPA of 8.0 is mandatory.
- For PhD in Sciences: Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/ Institute does not award any class.
- For PhD in Languages: Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
- For PhD in Management: Master in Business Administration/CA/ICWA with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class.
- For PhD in Law: Master’s Degree in law (LLM/ML) from any recognized University/Institute, in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
- For PhD in Fashion Technology: M.Tech./M.E./M.Fashion Tech/M.S.[By Research]/M.Tech[By Research] in the field of Textile/Textile Engineering/Fiber Science/Textile Chemical Processing/Fashion/Apparel/Garment with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class.
- Internal Full Time candidates
- External Part Time candidates
VIT PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://vit.ac.in/ and https://admissions.vit.ac.in/researchapplication/
- Candidates desirous to seek admission to be required to apply on the prescribed form online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned passport sized photograph and signature. Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and relevant information are available on the University website.
- Selected candidates of research programmes will be asked to identify a guide at their school and pay the fees through online payment mode before 24th June 2021. Without an identified guide, the provisional admission letter will be treated as withdrawn.
- Application Fee – Rs. 1200/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit Cards/Credit Cards/ Internet Banking
For PhD Programs
- Selection is based on PG mark, Statement of Research Proposal (SoP) as per the given template and interview. Please upload all PG mark sheets (Semester Wise or Consolidated) and SoP while filling the online application form.
For Integrated PhD Programs
Selection is based on UG (B.E./B.Tech only) mark, Statement of Research Proposal (SoP) as per the template given in the last page and interview. Please upload all UG mark sheets (Semester Wise or Consolidated) and SoP while filling the online application form.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website