JNTU Hyderabad announces Telangana State Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS ECET) 2021 for Admission to Lateral Entry into B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Pharm. courses
TS ECET 2021 – JNTU Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education will be conducting the Telangana State Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS ECET) 2021 for Diploma in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy and for B.Sc. (Mathematics) Degree candidates and in short as TS ECET [FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)] 2021 for admission to lateral entry into B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Pharm. Courses.
The TS ECET-2021 is scheduled to be conducted in online mode on July 01st, 2021. Check out more details on TS ECET 2021 from the page below.
TS ECET 2021 Important Dates
- TS ECET 2021 Online Application Form Submission Begins – 22nd March 2021
- Last date for submission of online application without Late Fee – 17th May 2021
- Last date for submission of online application with fine Rs.250/- – 31st May 2021
- Last date for submission of online application with fine of Rs.500/- –14th June 2021
- Last date for submission of online application with fine of Rs.2500/- 24th June 2021
- Last date for submission of online application with fine of Rs.5000/- – 28th June 2021
- Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate – 16th June to 21st June 2021
- The download of Hall Tickets from the website – 26th June 2021
- Date of TS ECET (FDH & B.Sc.[Mathematics]) – 2021 Examination – 01st July 2021
- Declaration TS ECET 2021 Result – 2nd August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for TS ECET 2021
- Nationality – Candidates must be citizens of India. He/she must belong to Telangana or Andhra Pradesh state. They should belong to the State of Telangana / Andhra Pradesh. The candidates should satisfy local/nonlocal status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission).
Candidates should satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for appearing for the TS ECET [FDH & B.Sc. (Mathematics)] – 2021.
- They should have obtained a Diploma in Engineering and Technology / Pharmacy from the State Board of Technical Education of Telangana / Andhra Pradesh or any other Diploma recognized by the Government of Telangana / Andhra Pradesh as equivalent thereto for admission into the relevant B.E. / B. Tech./ B. Pharmacy Courses corresponding to the Diploma (OR)
- They should have passed the 3 – year B.Sc. Degree examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the group combination from a recognized University in the Telangana / Andhra Pradesh State or its equivalent for entry into relevant courses.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in the academic year 2021-2022 are eligible and have to submit the qualifying certificate with required percentage of marks at the time of counseling.
- Candidates who are pursuing a Diploma course under sandwich pattern shall be eligible for entry into the relevant B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Pharmacy courses, provided, they have completed the practical training for the sandwich course by the date of counseling for entry into the relevant course.
- Candidates should have passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology / Pharmacy / B.Sc (Mathematics) Degree as the case may be with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) for entry into relevant courses.
Eligibility for admission into B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Pharm.
- For Lateral admission into 2nd year regular B.E. / B.Tech. Courses in both University and Unaided Private Professional Institutions (Minority & Non-Minority) approved by All India Council for Technical Education.
- For lateral admission into 2nd year, regular B. Pharmacy Course in both University and private Unaided professional institutions (Minority & Non-Minority) approved by Pharmacy Council of India. Candidates should have appeared and qualified at the TS ECET – 2021. Mere appearance at the Entrance Test does not automatically entitle a candidate to be considered for entry into any course unless the candidate satisfies the requirement of eligibility and other criteria laid down in the rules of admission.
- Admission to 85% of the seats in each course shall be reserved for the local candidates and the remaining 15% of the seats shall be un-reserved as specified in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions.
Qualifying marks in TS ECET [FDH & B.Sc. (Mathematics)] – 2021.
The qualifying percentage marks for obtaining a rank in TS ECET [FDH & B.Sc. (Mathematics)] – 2021 is 25% of the aggregate marks in the four subjects [Three subjects for B.Sc. (Mathematics)], i.e., 50 marks out of a total of 200. However, in the case of SC / ST candidates, there shall be no minimum qualifying marks for ranking the candidates. The rank obtained with the benefit of relaxation of the minimum qualifying marks at the TS ECET [FDH & B.Sc. (Mathematics)] – 2021 by any candidate claiming to belong to SC/ST category will be canceled in case the claim is found to be invalid at the time of admission.
Evaluation and ranking in TS ECET [FDH &B.Sc.(Mathematics)] – 2021:
- The student will be ranked (Integrated Merit Rank) based on the marks obtained by him/her in the TS ECET [FDH & B.Sc. (Mathematics)] – 2021 Examination.
- Every care will be taken to avoid errors in valuation, checking, scrutiny, tabulation, and ranking. Hence, request for re-totaling, revaluation or personal identification of anything related to Online Examination will in no case be entertained. In addition to Integrated Merit Rank, candidates will be ranked in the order of merit in TS ECET [FDH & B.Sc. (Mathematics)] – 2021 separately in each branch of the Engineering Course.
TS ECET 2021 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply Online mode only through the official website https://ecet.tsche.ac.in
- This is a common application form for appearing at the Telangana State Engineering Common Entrance Test for Diploma candidates & B.Sc.(Mathematics) Degree candidates TS ECET [FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)]–2021 for lateral entry into B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm. courses in the State of Telangana.
- Before filling the application form, candidates are required to go through the information contained in this booklet which gives the requirements for appearing at TS ECET [FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)] – 2021. The G.O.s issued earlier to conduct ECET before state bifurcation are adapted to conduct TS ECET – 2021 by the Government of Telangana State.
The application filling procedure consists of three steps.
- Step 1 – Application Fee Payment
- Step 2 – Fill up the Application Form
- Step 3 – Print your Filled in Registration Form
- For General candidates – Rs. 800/-
- For SC / ST / PH candidates – Rs. 400/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through credit card/debit card/net banking/AP / TS Online Center
TS ECET 2021 Admit Card
- The students can download the TS ECET 2021 Hall Ticket 2021 from the website www.tspgecet.org. Candidates can download their admit card by the registration ID and the test selected during the filling of the application form. Without admit card, candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall.
TS ECET 2021 Exam Pattern
The complete TS ECET exam pattern can be checked by the students below:
- Mode of Exam – Online mode (Computer Based Test (CBT))
- Language of Exam – English only
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions
- Duration – 3 hours as per the scheme of entrance
- Number of Questions – 200 questions as per the scheme of entrance
- Total Marks – 200 marks as per the scheme of entrance
- Marking Scheme – +1 marks will be given for each correct answer. No marks will be deducted for the wrong response.
Scheme for Entrance Test
Engineering Programme For Diploma Candidates:
Mathematics – 50 Marks
Physics – 25 Marks
Chemistry – 25 Marks
Engineering Paper (Civil / Electrical & Electronics / Mechanical / Electronics & Communication /Computer Science / Chemical / Metallurgical / Mining / Electronics & Instrumentation as the case may be
For B.Sc. (Mathematics):
Mathematics – 100 Marks
Analytical Ability – 50 Marks
Communicative English – 50 Marks
For Pharmacy Program
Pharmaceutics – 50 Marks
Pharmaceutical Chemistry – 50 Marks
Pharmacognosy – 50 Marks
Pharmacology and Toxicology – 50 Marks
TS ECET 2021 Syllabus
- TS ECET [FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)] – 2021 syllabus in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Engineering specialization is furnished for diploma candidates. Syllabus for Pharmacy is provided separately. Syllabus in Mathematics, Analytical Ability and Communicative English is furnished for B.Sc.(Mathematics) degree candidates.
- TS ECET [FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)] – 2021 will be conducted at the following Regional Centers in Online mode only:
- Telangana – Hyderabad West Zone, Hyderabad North Zone, Hyderabad Central Zone, Hyderabad South-East Zone, Adilabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Kodad, Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Sangareddy, Siddipet & Warang
- Andhra Pradesh – Kurnool, Tirupati, Vijayawada & Visakhapatnam
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website