Punjab Engineering College (PEC) Chandigarh annonces Admission to M.Tech Program 2019-20
Punjab Engineering College M.Tech Admission 2019 – Online applications are invited for admission to the vacant seats of the M.Tech. programs (after completion of CCMT-2019) and the full-time sponsored seats of the M.Tech. programs 2019-20.
Also See : M.Tech Entrance Exams
Punjab Engineering College M.Tech Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Registration: 27th July 2019 to 02nd August 2019
- Last Date of receiving hard copy of applications: 03rd August 2019
- Admission test for sponsored seats by the respective departments (other than self
- Supporting) program: 04th August 2019
- Admission test for Non-GATE/ self-supporting program by the respective coordinators: 04th August 2019
- Display of merit list by the respective departments’ coordinators: 05th August 2019
- Date of document verification, counseling and fee submission in the institute auditorium: 06th August 2019
- Registration at the institute: 06th August 2019
Also See : Engineering Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criterion for Punjab Engineering College M.Tech Admission 2019
- Must have valid GATE score of the year 2017/2018/2019 for admission through GATE score.
- A candidate must have obtained a B.E. / B.Tech. Degree from an IIT / AICTE approved college/ university recognized by UGC in the relevant discipline.
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying degree with at least 6.5 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or 60% marks whereas, 6.0 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST and Persons with disability (PwD) category candidates.
- The percentage marks would be as awarded by the respective university from which the candidate has graduated. In case of universities awarding CGPA, the percentage marks would be determined as per the formula specified by the university on its mark-sheet. In case no formula is specified, the CGPA would be multiplied by a factor of 10 to obtain the percentage of marks.
- Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa given by individual institute/ university will not be allowed.
- Only GATE qualified candidates are eligible for admission in the M.Tech. programmes listed.
- GATE/ Non-GATE candidates are eligible for admission to M.Tech. programmes (listed at Sr. No. 07 to 11 in Table-1) based on the written test conducted by the respective departments. However, preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates.
- Non-GATE candidates seeking admission under full time sponsored seats will be considered only if they qualify the test to be conducted by the respective departments.
- Visit our website regularly for the latest updated vacant seats.
- The total number of seats and their subsequent distribution within various categories and branches may be changed without prior notice.
- The minimum number of students to start an M.Tech Program will be five in the case of all programmes except the self-supporting programmes. For the self supporting programmes, the minimum number of students to start the programme will be 50% of the total number of seats.
- If the candidate belongs to SC/ ST/ PwD are less in numbers, these seats will be offered to General category candidates.
Punjab Engineering College M.Tech Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates are advised to read the admission brochure carefully before applying for admission
- Online Submission of application for Registration on http://pec.ac.in/admissions/mtech
- Please read the general instructions carefully before starting the registration process. The process of online registration consists of three steps. All the eligible candidates are required to fill online Registration Form.
Payment of Fee
- The candidates are required to pay Rs.2000/- (non-refundable) in the form of demand draft in favor of “Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University) – PG Admissions” payable at Chandigarh.
- The candidates are required to produce all the original certificates and fees at the time of counseling. No relaxation in time will be given for arranging the money or for bringing the original certificates from another place.
- The candidates are advised to take 2 printouts of the confirmation page and send one copy of print-out along with documents (Annexure – E) and demand draft (in original) to the following address by hand/speed post/registered post so as to reach by the 03rd August 2019 till 05.00 pm.
For more Information, Please visit website https://www.pec.ac.in/
Punjab Engineering College
Chairman Admissions, Punjab Engineering College, (Deemed to be University), Sector-12, Chandigarh, Pin – 160012, website www.pec.ac.in