Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
Bachelor of Physiotherapy – 4 ½ years (including 6 months Internship) Degree
50 Seats for the year 2020
NIMS BPT Admission 2020 Important Dates
Availability of online Application on website
12th October 2020
Last date for submission of online application
23rd October 2020
Last date for submission of application (hardcopy)
27th October 2020
Display of provisional merit list of eligible candidates on website
12th November 2020
Display of final merit list of eligible candidates on website
17th November 2020
Display of eligible candidates list for 1st phase of counseling
17th November 2020
Issue of Counselling letters of account for 1st phase of counseling
19th November 2020
Date of 1st phase of Counselling
22nd November 2020
Commencement of classes
30th November 2020
Closure of admissions
31st December 2020
Eligibility Criteria for NIMS BPT Admission 2020
- Intermediate examination or its equivalent with optional subjects of Botany, Zoology, Physics and Chemistry OR Vocational Physiotherapy with bridge course of biological and physical sciences
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years completed on or before 31st December 2020 and should not be more than 25 years as on 31st December 2020. Upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years in the case of SC/ST Candidates.
NIMS BPT Admission 2020 Application Process
- The Online Application Registration, Notification and instructions to fill the application is available at NIMS website www.nims.edu.in from 11.00 AM on 23rd October 2020 till 5.00 PM of 27th October 2020
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the prospectus/ instructions to fill the application form from the NIMS website www.nims.edu.in before proceeding to fill the online application form.
- Incomplete and hand-written application forms are liable to be rejected.
- The hard copy of the online application duly signed shall be submitted to The Associate Dean, Academic-2, 2nd floor, Old OPD Block, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad-500082
- The applications received after the prescribed date and time shall not be considered. The Institute will not be responsible for non-receipt of application or delay in postal transit.
- An amount of Rs.700/- towards application fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or Debit Card issued by the banks in India or through Internet banking. Application fee is not refundable even if the application is summarily rejected.
Reservations for SC/ST & BC
Rule of reservation for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward class candidates i.e. 15%, 6% and 29% respectively will be followed by taking the total number of seats.
Group ’A’ – 70%
Group ’B’ – 10%
Group ’C’ – 1%
Group ’D’ – 7%
Group ’E’ – 4%
- Candidates claiming reservation under SC/ST/BC categories shall submit a permanent social status certificate issued by the competent authority of Government of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh as per the format prescribed at Annexure V.
- There shall be 3% reservation for the differently-abled (Physically Handicapped-PH) with locomotor disability of 50-70% confined to lower limbs.
- There shall be 4% reservation under BC-E as per
Local Area Reservations
- Admission to 85% of the seats shall be reserved in favour of the local candidates of Telangana State in relation to local area as provided in Telangana Educational Institutions
- Selection will be made based on the merit arrived out of total marks obtained in the qualifying examination i.e., Intermediate (Bi.P.C.) or equivalent.
- Candidates shall be ranked in the order of merit based on the aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination. In case of a tie, marks obtained in Zoology.
- In case of further tie, marks obtained in Botany, further tie, marks obtained in Chemistry, further tie, marks obtained in Physics in the qualifying examination shall be taken into consideration.
- The merit list of the eligible candidates will be displayed at NIMS website: www.nims.edu.in on the dates notified in prospectus.
- No individual correspondence will be made in this regard.
Single time returnable Security deposit
Total fee to be paid during the subsequent years at the beginning of classes i.e. 2nd year, 3rd year and 4th year is Rs.38550/- each year