Jadavpur University announces Admission to Undergraduate Engg/ Tech/ Arch/ Pharm Courses under Sports Quota for Session 2021-22, Apply now
Jadavpur University UG Admission – Jadavpur University, Kolkata invites application for Admission to U.G. Engg/ Tech/ Arch/ Pharm Courses under Sports Quota approved by AICTE for the Session 2021-22
Check out the post below for more details on Jadavpur University UG Admission 2021.
Following U. G. Engg/ Tech/ Arch/ Pharm courses are offered by the University under Sports Quota:
- Pharmaceutical Technology (1 Seat)
- Chemical Engineering (2 Seats
- Civil Engineering: (3 Seats)
- Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Science & Technology (2 Seats)
- Construction Engineering (1 Seat)
- Electrical Engineering (3 Seats)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering/Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (2 Seats)
- Food Technology And Biochemical Engineering (1 Seat)
- Information Technology (2 Seats)
- Instrumentation Engineering/Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering (1 Seat)
- Mechanical Engineering (3 Seats)
- Metallurgical Engineering (1 Seat)
- Power Engineering/Power Plant Engineering (1 Seat)
- Printing Engineering/Printing Technology (1 Seat)
- Production Engineering (1 Seat)
Jadavpur University UG Admission Dates 2021
- Online Application Form will be available from: 29th November 2021
- Last date of Submission of Online Application Form by Email is: 07th December 2021
- Last date of Submission of Online Application Form By Post positively within : 07th December 2021
- Provisionally selected candidates will be announced along with date of admission in the University website on: 15th December 2021 (tentatively)
- Date of admission under Sports Quota will be on & from : 16th December 2021(tentatively)
Jadavpur University UG Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
For Sports Quota
- Candidates must pass Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination in Science Stream in regular class mode of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized Council/ Board.
- Individual pass marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Minimum of 45% marks in above subjects taken together as well as pass marks in English with a minimum of 30% in the said qualifying examination.
- The candidates must qualify in the Joint Entrance Examination ( WBJEE – 2020) of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board for admission to Engineering Degree Colleges and must hold General Merit Rank (GMR) up to 30,000 only.
- The applicants in the Sports category shall have to furnish original and attested copies of the certificate/ s issued by the following Authorities in support of their participation in the relevant tournaments organized in current year and two years preceding only.
- Candidate should have represented a state or equivalent in any National Championship (Junior/ Senior/ Federation Cup) or above conducted under the aegis of respective Federation/ Association recognized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports / Indian Olympic Association OR
- Candidate should have represented state in National School Competition conducted by School Games Federation of India (SGFI) OR
- Candidate having position 1st/2nd/3rd for individual event/sports or member of Champion / Runners up team for team event/sports/games in Inter-Dist / State Championship (open) or above conducted under the aegis of respective Federation/ Association recognized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports / Indian Olympic Association in the sports and games offered by the A.I.U, with percentage of marks / JEE rank as fixed by the concerned faculty at qualifying examination is eligible to apply for admission under the sports quota in the UG-1 course including B.Ed, B.P.Ed, B.Lib course of the university.
- For chess, applicants having the FIDE rating (standard) 1700 and above for Boys and FIDE rating (standard) 1300 and above for girls are eligible to apply for admission under the sports quota.
- For Tennis, applicants having the AITA ranking up to 300 for under 18 years boys/girls or ranking up to 500 for open (Men/Women) category are eligible to apply for admission under the sports quota. The FIDE rating/ AITA ranking for chess & tennis respectively is applicable either on the day / week of publication of advertisement or any update from 01.01.2020 for admission under sports quota.
- For Cricket & Football, applicant must have represented any 1st Division Club or above with participation of 20% matches or represented any 2nd Division Club or above with participation of 40% matches either in the current year or any one of the three preceding years organized by either CAB / IFA or any State Association OR having the criteria as specified in d) / e) / f) for UG Level.
Jadavpur University UG Admission Application Process 2021
- Candidates application form available on official website http://www.jaduniv.edu.in/
- Downloaded/ saved copy ( pdf format) of properly filled in Online Application Form available from 29-11-2021 to 07-12-2021 in the University website www.jaduniv.edu.in has to be submitted on-line positively within 07-12-2021 along with all requisite certificates including sports participation certificates.
- The application form for admission under sports quota is to be submitted along with attested photo copies of relevant sports certificates issued by the competent authority of the sports bodies including the sports qualifications in the prescribed proforma as given in Annexure – A and Annexure – B for Cricket & Annexure – C for Football (for representing 1st / 2nd Division Club) duly filled in with official authentication & signed by the respective issuing authority
- Candidates for all U.G. Engg./Tech./Pharm. courses (except Information Technology) will have to deposit Rs. 5210/- on-line for Tuition Fees and other charges for the session 2021-22 & 2022-23 (for two years only) at the time of final admission except for the Information Technology Course.
- Candidates for Information Technology course will have to deposit Rs. 30,360/- (for the session 2021-22) on-line for Tuition Fee and other charges for the session 2021-22 (one year only) at the time of final admission.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website