Indian Maritime University Mumbai announces PGDME (Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering) Admission 2021
IMU Mumbai PGDME Admission 2021 – Indian Maritime University (IMU) invites applications from eligible candidates fulfilling the educational and other eligibility criteria for the PGDME (Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering) program at its Mumbai Port Campus for Academic Year 2021-2022.
Read on for more details on IMU Mumbai PGDME Admission 2021.
IMU Mumbai PGDME Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Application Process : Ongoing
- Last date for Application Extended upto : 13th August 2021
Types of seats
- Admissions will be made under two categories:
- Sponsored & Non-sponsored candidates. Sponsored candidates will be given priority.
Eligibility Criteria for IMU Mumbai PGDME Admission 2021
- Candidates must have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Mechanical & Automation Engineering / Naval Architecture, from a College approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or the I.I.T. Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering) from IMU are also eligible for admission to this course
- Fulfilling additional requirements of D.G. Shipping that of minimum 50% marks in final year and minimum 50% marks in English in 10th or 12th standard is must
- N.B. : There will be a 5% relaxation in eligibility marks; however, it will not apply to English, Marks. Relaxation of 5% in English marks will be applicable to candidates who are native of the Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar Islands and belong to their Scheduled Tribe and who and both of whose parents were born in those islands and belongs to the Scheduled Tribes of those islands
- Age Limit : Maximum 28 years on date of commencement of training (01st January 2021); age relaxation of five years for SC/ST candidates and two years for female candidates applicable
- Medical Standard : As per existing MS medical standards for pre sea training. Good health and eyesight in general. Medical fitness certificate from Directorate General of Shipping approved medical practitioner to be obtained before admission.
IMU Mumbai PGDME Admission 2021 Application Process
- Application form and other details may be downloaded from IMU /IMU-Mumbai Campus Website www.imu.edu.in /collected in person from IMU – Mumbai Campus (M.E.R.I), Mumbai
- Completed application form together with Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- should be sent to “Indian Maritime University, Mumbai Campus, (M.E.R.I), Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai-400033” reach on or before 13th August 2021
- Filling up the application form does not guarantee admission. IMU-Mumbai Campus reserves the right to postpone / cancel the selection process for the course at any stage without assigning any reason and no communication in this regard will be entertained. Indian Maritime University Mumbai Campus, Hay Bunder Block (M.E.R.I), organizes campus interviews for placement of cadets on ships for onboard training as far as possible.
- Selection will be based through merit and interview.
For more details and apply visit the official website