Indian Maritime University (IMU), Chennai announces Admission to B.Tech and B.Sc Program for 2021 Session
IMU B.Tech and B.Sc Admission 2021 – Indian Maritime University (IMU), Chennai invites applications for admission to B.Sc.(NS) & B.Tech. (ME) Programs offered at TS Chanakya, Navi Mumbai, IMU-Mumbai Campus, Marine Engineering and Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai, IMU-Mumbai Campus, Marine Engineering and Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata, IMU-Kolkata,Campus, National Maritime Academy (NMA), Chennai, IMU-Chennai Campus, IMU-Visakhapatnam Campus for the academic session 2021-22
IMU B.Tech and B.Sc Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Date of commencement of Online Registration of application: 29th July 2021
- Last date for Online Registration: 20th August 2021
- Date of Mock Test & Hall Ticket can be downloaded by the candidates: 25th August 2021
- Date of IMU-CET: 29th August 2021, Sunday
- Date for Publication of Results in IMU website: 06th September 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IMU B.Tech and B.Sc Admission 2021
- Minimum Age: 17 years
- For Male: General-25 years, OBC (NCL) – 28 years, SC/ST-30 years
- For Female: General-27 years, OBC (NCL) – 30 years, SC/ST-32 years.
- Age will be from the date of commencement of the Academic Session, tentatively 11.10.2021
3 Year B.Sc (Nautical Science)
- 10+2 or equivalent (PCM60% average and a minimum of 50% marks in English subject in 10th or 12th Exam)
- In the case of SC/ST candidates, there will be a 5% relaxation in eligibility marks; however, it will not apply to English marks.
4-year B. Tech (Marine Engineering)
- 10+2 or equivalent (PCM60% average and minimum of 50% marks in English subject in 10th or 12th Exam)
- In case of SC/ST candidates there will be a 5% relaxation in eligibility marks; however, it will not apply to English marks.
IMU B.Tech and B.Sc Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.imu.edu.in/
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and admission to the courses are detailed before filling up the application form available on the official website.
- For General/OBC-NCL Candidates – Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST Candidates – Rs. 700/ –
- Mode of Payment – Online Through Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking
- Admissions to the three DGS approved Marine Courses (B.Tech-Marine Engineering, B.Sc.-Nautical Science & Diploma in Nautical Science) are mandatorily required to appear and qualify in the all-India Online Common Entrance Test called IMU-CET which will be conducted on Sunday, 29th August 2021
- Admissions through Lateral Entry may be done on the basis of a separate entrance exam/mechanism
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website