IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission 2019 - Application, Eligibility, Dates
IIT Kharagpur announces Admission to the PhD Program for Spring Semester 2019-20
IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission 2019 - Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. Programme [Regular, Sponsored, Working Professionals and Individual Fellowship (i.e. CSIR/UGC/DBT/ ICMR/INSPIRE categories)] of the Institute in all disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture & Regional Planning, Humanities & Social Sciences, Rural Development, Law and Management. Admission to reserved-category candidates will be done as per Government of India notification.
PhD Program at IIT Kharagpur
- The Institute provides facilities for research leading to the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). The award of the PhD degree is made on the basis of satisfactory performance of a registered candidate in prescribed course work, comprehensive examination & seminar
- publication of original research work in reputed journals/conferences or award of patents/technology transfer etc.
Also See : Phd Admissions 2019
Duration of PhD Program
- The minimum duration of PhD program for such candidates is 3 years and the maximum tenure is 8 years from the date of enrolment.
- Commencement of Online Application form Submission: 22nd September 2019
- Website Closure for Submission of Online Application Form: 22nd October 2019
- Date of Test & Interviews in Depts./Centres/Schools (for short listed candidates): 28th to 29th November 2019 & 02nd to 04th December 2019
- Date of admission in the PhD Program for selected candidates: 02nd January 2020
Name of Departments & Centres
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural and Food Engineering
- Architecture and Regional Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering
- Geology and Geophysics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
- Centre for Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Technology Development
- Centre for Educational Technology
- Centre for Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Science
- Centre for Theoretical Studies
- Centre for Computational and Data Sciences (CCDS)
- Cryogenic Engineering
- Deysarkar Centre for Excellence in Petroleum Engineering
- Materials Science
- Rubber Technology
- Rural Development
- Bio Science
- Energy Science and Engineering
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- G.S. Sanyal School of Telecommunication
- Nano Science and Technology
- Rajendra Mishra School of Engineering Entrepreneurship
- Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law
- Ranbir and Chitra Gupta School of Infrastructure Design and Management
- School of Medical Science and Technology
- School of Water Resources
- Subir Chowdhury School of Quality and Reliability
- Vinod Gupta School of Management
- For more details of PhD disciplines area https://erp.iitkgp.ac.in
Also See : Engineering Entrance Exams 2019
- All candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. program under the categories mentioned below shall have to possess requisite marks/grades in the qualifying degree as shown below:
- Minimum 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (3.2.a and/or 3.2.b) in Engineering /Science /Commerce /Management/ Law and/or equivalent OR
- Minimum 55% marks or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (3.2.a and/or 3.2.b) in Humanities/Social Science/MBBS degree and/or equivalent.
- CGPA will not be converted into percentage marks if the degree awarding Institute provides marks in CGPA system vice versa. Their admission will be based on the CGPA or Percentage of Marks awarded in the transcript.
Minimum qualifying degree required for seeking admission to the Ph.D. program.
- M.Tech (Master of Technology) / MS / ME (Master of Engineering)/ M.Sc.(Engg.,)
- M. Arch./ MCP (Master of City planning) /MRP (Master of Regional Planning)
- M. Phil. (2 years programme)
- MBA / PG Diploma in Management of 2-year duration (after completion of B.Tech/M.Sc/MA/M.Com)
- Â LLM (2 years programme) after EITHER at least 5 years of integrated LLB degree after 10+2 examination OR 3 years LLB degree after 10+2+3 examination.
- An equivalent of the aforesaid degree.
Minimum qualifying degree required for seeking admission to the Ph.D. program
- B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology)/ BE (Bachelor of Engineering)/ B.Sc (Engg.)
- B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture)
- M.Sc. (Master of Science) / MA (Master of Arts) / M. Phil. (1 year program)
- MBA / PG Diploma in Management of 2-year duration (after completion of BA/B.Sc/B.Com)
- MBBS degree with compulsory one-year internship completed
- 5 years (minimum) of integrated LLB degree after 10+2 examination OR 3 years LLB degree after 10+2+3 examination OR LLM (1 year programme) after LLB degree (minimum 5 years)
- A degree equivalent to any of the above.
- The admission of a candidate to the Ph.D. program is recommended by the Departmental Academic Committee (Post-Graduate and Research), abbreviated as DAC (PG&R), of the Department/Centre concerned on the basis of-
- Overall Academic Performance: 40 per cent
- Written/Computer Testconducted by the Department/Centre/School: 20 per cent
- Interview conducted by the Department/Centre/School: 20 per cent
- Applicants are required to apply online at www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Application fee is Rs.1000/- for Unreserved/OBC/EWS/Transgender candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PwD/ Women candidates.
- Fill in the ONLINE application form (www.iitkgp.ac.in) Register with Your Email Id and Login. FILL in the appropriate data. Please note that you have to upload your testimonials wherever it is required to validate your information along with your digital photograph and signature.
- Make PAYMENT and SUBMIT Application. Payment of application fee has to be made through online payment gateway only.
- Take PRINT: After final submission of your online application, you will be able to generate your online application print with your specific details/data. This application print may be retained with you for future requirement.
- Please note that you NEED NOT SEND the application by post. Your application will be considered on the basis of your final submission through online. You can check submission, shortlisting, selection and other application related status from Application Status menu. You should remember your login id and password for the same.
- N.B. The candidates shortlisted for test & interview will be informed through email only. Their names will also be notified in the webpage. However, candidates can see their status through login and download the interview letter, if shortlisted.
For more information, visit the IIT Kharagpur website www.iitkgp.ac.in
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur-721302 (West Bengal), Ph.: 03222-282091,Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.iitkgp.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India