Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology announces Admission to M.Tech and MS Program 2021
IIST Trivandrum M.Tech & MS Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) invites application for admission to M.Tech and Master of Science (MS) Program (Only for DoS/ISRO employees) for the academic session 2021-22.
Applications for the same can be submitted through online mode till March 15, 2021. Read further for more details on IIST Trivandrum M.Tech & MS Admission 2021
- IIST has been established in the year 2007 as an autonomous academic institution under Department of Space, Govt of India for providing quality human resources to the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and other National Research and Development Organizations and Industries
- IIST is committed to; attract talented students; put in place a system which ensures high academic Standards; actively encourage innovative research in areas of relevance to space science, space technology and other related areas.
IIST Trivandrum M.Tech MS Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Online Registration opens on – 15th February 2021
- Online Registration closes on – 15th March 2021
- Last date for submission of approved hard copy – 22nd March 2021
- Display of shortlisted candidates for Test/Interview – 25th March 2021
- Online Interview – 29th & 30th, March 2021
- Display of Provisionally selected candidates – 05th April 2021
- Reporting date at the Institution – 23rd July 2021
- Classes begins for M. Tech/Master of Science – 26th July 2021
No. of Seats
- The total number of seats in each program is 4 (Four) (for ISRO/DoS employees) .
Eligibility Criteria for IIST Trivandrum M.Tech MS Admission 2021
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
Age Limit – 45 years as on March 15, 2021. Age relaxation is applicable to SC/ST/Persons with disability (PD) category as per Government of India Orders. No age relaxation for OBC/women and EWS candidates.
- Candidates should have completed B.E/B.Tech/Master of Science or equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.50 out of 10 for General & OBC category and minimum of 55% marks or CGPA 6.00 out of 10 for SC/ST & PD category.
- Candidates may apply for only two preferences in or across the departments.
- In addition to the educational qualifications listed above, an ISRO/DOS employee having a B.E or B.Tech or Master’s degree in any area, can apply to a PG programme provided they have a minimum of three years’ work experience in that area. Those candidates have to upload a note (Maximum 3 pages) on their work experience (Hard copy to be routed through proper channel along with the application).
IIST Trivandrum M.Tech MS Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://admission.iist.ac.in/
- Application forms received after the last date will not be considered under any circumstances. The filled in online application form through proper channel may be sent to Deputy Registrar(Academics), Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram- 695 547 along with the self attested copies of certificates/testimonials on or before March 22, 2021.
- The applicants who wish to apply for more than one program shall exercise their order of preference/option of Post Graduate Programs, at the time of applying itself
Step-1 – Assessing the IIST M.Tech/M.Sc Login: To access it, the candidates will have to click on the link above. It will directly lead the candidates to log in to the portal. Then, the candidates need to access the ‘Profile Registration’ button on the top menu bar.
Step-2 – Register for IIST PG Admission: In the ‘Profile Registration’, the candidates will have to submit the following details:
Step-3 – Course Registration – Next, the candidates will have to submit the details about the course, which they wish to pursue from IIST. To do so, the candidates need to access the IIST Candidates Login 2021 by entering the IIST Registration Number and Password.
Step-4 – Fee Payment – The final step to conclude the application process, is the payment of the fee. The amount of fee is Rs 600 but the candidates belonging to SC, ST, PWD, and Women category just need to submit Rs. 300. The payment can be done online.
- The applicants who are shortlisted for M. Tech/Master of Science programmes are required to appear for an Interview. List of shortlisted candidates will be intimated to the concerned authorities of DOS/ISRO Units/Centres.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website