IIIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech Program Admission 2019, Dates, eligibility, Application
IIIT Bhubaneswar notifies Admission to B.Tech. Program 2019
IIIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech Admission 2019 - International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bhubaneswar has released notification and application form for the eligible candidates for admission into B.Tech. Programme for the academic year 2019-20.
Candidates can check the complete information of IIIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech Admission 2019 application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
About the Institute
- IIIT Bhubaneswar owes its origins to the initiative of the Govt. of Odisha. It is a result of the desire of the Govt. to establish a world class institute of Information Technology in the state. The Institute has been converted into a unitary university by the Government of Odisha on 20th January 2014.
About the Program
- The objective of its B.Tech Programs is to prepare students for two purposes. One is to make them successful in the Industry.
- The other objective is to provide knowledge and motivation for seeking a career in research. The curricular structure aims to achieve these goals.
- The institute also provides co-curricular training programmes for students to learn new techniques, technologies and skills.
IIIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech Admissions 2019 Important Dates
- Starting Date of Online Application: 13th May 2019
- Last Date of Online Application for Regular B.Tech. Program: 10th June 2019
- Document Verification for Odisha Category Candidates: 18th - 20th June 2019
- Publication of Provisional Allotments In-line with JoSAA 2019 schedule
Number of Seats
- The Institute reserves 50% of the seats for Odisha State Category candidates. The rest seats are open to all which is termed as Open to All (“OTA”) category. The admission for OTA category shall be done through JoSAA 2019.
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) - 30 Seats for S & 30 Seats for OTA
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (ETC) - 30 Seats for S & 30 Seats for OTA
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) - 30 Seats for S & 30 Seats for OTA
- Information Technology (IT) - 30 Seats for S & 30 Seats for OTA
- Computer Engineering (CE) - 30 Seats for S & 30 Seats for OTA
- The reservation applicable for different sub-categories under Odisha category like: SC/ST, Physically Challenged, Green Card, Ex-Serviceman etc. shall be as per Govt. of Odisha norms. Apart from these reservations, 5% extra of the sanctioned strength in each branch shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Tuition Fee Waiver scheme under Odisha category
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech Admission 2019
- The eligibility criteria for admission to regular B.Tech. programmes for Odisha category candidates shall be as follows:
- The candidate must secure at least 60% aggregate percentage of marks or 6.32 CGPA in Class 10 Board Examination
- The candidate must secure at least 60% aggregate percentage of marks in +2 Science.
- Aggregate percentage of marks = (marks secured/total marks appeared) x100
- The candidate must secure at least 45% or more in each of the following subjects: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry
- 5% relaxation in marks would be given to the candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
For Odisha Category Candidates
- Admission to regular B.Tech. Programs will be purely based on the merit list generated from JEE Main – 2019 All India Ranks generated from final NTA score published by NTA 2019. The admission process consists of the following stages: (a) online application, (b) document verification, (c) round-wise online provisional seat allotment, (d) seat acceptance and (e) reporting at the institute for final admission.
For Candidates seeking Admissions through JOSAA 2019 /CSAB
- The admission for the OTA category to regular B.Tech. Programs will be purely based on the merit list generated from JEE Main 2019 All India Ranks generated from the final NTA score published by NTA 2019 and counseling shall be done by JoSAA/CSAB 2019
IIIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech Admissions 2019 Application Process
- This application procedure is applicable to Odisha category candidates only. However, the candidate applying for OTA category seats are required to apply to JoSAA 2019.
- Visit the website www.iiit-bh.ac.in to apply on line for the B.Tech. Programmes. Please note that only online application is accepted.
- The payment details (both in soft copy and hard copy form) has to be kept ready at the time of filling the online application form, since the details of the payment transaction has to be entered in the application form.
- For Odisha Category Candidates: Rs.1000/- (Non-Refundable)
- For Admissions through JoSAA 2018/CSAB admissions are purely based on the merit list
Admission Office International Institute of Information Technology, Bhubaneswar, Gothapatna, PO, Malipada, Bhubaneswar-751003, India, Tel.: 0674-3060505/3060521, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.iiit-bh.ac.in
Get latest Engineering Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below: