Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla announces Admission to B.Tech and B.Tech (Lateral Entry) Program 2021
HPU Shimla B.Tech Admission 2021 – Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Shimla has released the application form for admission to B.Tech and B.Tech (Lateral Entry) at University Institute of Information Technology (UIIT), Shimla for the academic year 2021-22
Check out for more details on HPU Shimla B.Tech Admission 2021 such as application process, eligibility criteria, application fees and more from the page below.
- B.Tech (Civil, CSE, IT, Electrical, ECE)
- B.Tech Lateral Entry – (Civil, CSE, IT, Electrical, ECE)
HPU Shimla B.Tech Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Date of activation of online application form (Fresh entry & Lateral entry): 15th June 2021
- Last Date of submission of online application form
- Fresh Entry to First Year: 10th July 2021
- Lateral Entry to Second Year: 25th July 2021
- Last date of correction in application form (Fresh Entry): 13th July 2021
- Activation of downloadable Admit Card: Will be announced
- Date of Entrance test (Fresh entry & Lateral entry): Will be announced
- Date of Declaration of Entrance Exam Result: Will be announced
Eligibility Criteria for HPU Shimla B.Tech Admission 2021
For Fresh Entry to B. Tech. 1st year (IT/CSE/CE/EE/ECE)
- 10+2 exam or equivalent, passed with Physics, Mathematics and any one of the other elective subjects of a Board/University established by law in India with 50% marks or equivalent grade. For SC/ST candidate’s eligibility will be 45% marks or equivalent grades.
- In case of candidates studying in University/Board/College or School in a foreign country, the eligibility/qualifying exam will be the same as recognized equivalent to 10+2 by the University
- Twenty-two years (22) in age as on 1st July of the year of admission
For Lateral Entry to B. Tech. 2nd year (IT/CSE/CE/EE/ECE)
- Should have acquired a diploma of 3 years in respective branch (IT/CSE/CE/EE/ECE) (after 10+2 or matriculation) or equivalent branch (IT, CSE & ECE are equivalent to each other), preferably from Himachal Pradesh State Board of Technical Education or equivalent with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from institute preferably located in H.P.
- Must have passed the Bachelor Degree in Science (B.Sc.), with Mathematics and Physics as subjects and minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from Himachal Pradesh University or any other recognized University/Institutions located in preferably Himachal Pradesh
HPU Shimla B.Tech Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website http://www.hpuniv.ac.in/ or www.uiit.ac.in
- Before clicking on the program please click on the instructions for filling the online application form, a pdf file will be open, kindly read carefully.
- Application Fee – Rs.1000/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through debit card, credit card, net banking etc.
B. Tech. 1st Year
- For admission to all seats, a Common Entrance Test will be conducted by the University.
- Separate merit lists for Himachali candidates ( passing 10+2 from schools within Himachal Pradesh) and All India candidates (Open to all Candidates) will be prepared.
Lateral Entry B. Tech. 2nd year
- For admission in Lateral Entry Scheme, a joint merit list will be drawn from the eligible candidates as mentioned in eligibility for Lateral entry.
Exam Pattern (Fresh Entry to 1st year)
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
- Total No. of Questions: 100 MCQs
- Total No. of Marks: 200 Marks
- Sections: 3 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Negative Marking: Shall be negative marking and 25% of 2 that is ¼ of 2 = ½ mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website