DTE Kerala Polytechnic College Diploma Course 2019
Kerala Polytechnic College Admission 2019 – Directorate of Technical Education has issued a notification for admission to the Diploma Course 2019-20 which has been approved by the Government of Kerala.
There will be two streams of Diploma Program
- Stream1: Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
- Stream2: Diploma in Commercial Practice and Diploma in Computer Application and Business Management
Duration of the Diploma Program
- All the Diploma program are of 6 semester duration spanning a period of 3 years. But for Tool & Die Diploma program, a compulsory twelve month in- plant training (in addition to 3 years) is also part of the program.
See: Engineering Entrance Exams
Kerala Polytechnic College Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Submission of Application begins: 28th May 2019
- Online Submission of Application ends: 11th June 2019
- Last date of submission of Hard Copy of the application at Polytechnic College: 12th June 2019
- Publication of Provisional Rank list and Trial Allotment: 13th June 2019
- Last date for appeal, re-option and correction of Applications: 17th June 2019
- Publication of Final Rank List and First Allotment: 19th June 2019
- Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on First allotment list: 22nd June 2019
- Publication of Second allotment list: 25th June 2019
- Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Second allotment list: 27th June 2019
- Publication of Third allotment list: 29th June 2019
- Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on Third allotment list: 02nd July 2019
- Spot admission (if any) at Nodal Polytechnic College: 05th July 2019
- Commencement of Induction Programme/Class: 08th July 2019
- Spot admission(s) (if any) at Nodal Polytechnic College: 10th July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala Polytechnic College Admission 2019
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should be a native of Kerala or undergone a qualifying examination from an institution in Kerala State or his/her parent should be a permanent employee in Central/State/Quasi Government/Public Sector undertaking in Kerala State
- The candidate should have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies.
- Note: Candidates who have passed qualifying examination with Mathematics, English and Science subjects are eligible to apply for both stream I and stream II.
- Candidates who have passed qualifying examination with Mathematics and English are eligible to apply for stream II.
- Candidate who has taken more than two chances to secure eligibility for higher studies in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examinations is not eligible for admission. Appearances for “Betterment” or “SAY” examination will not be considered as a chance.
- For CBSE/ICSE/Open school candidates the Marks/Grades obtained in Science is considered for calculating grade in the place of Physics and Chemistry.
Selection of Candidates
- Selection of the candidate is based on the grading in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent Examination. For the students who have passed qualifying examination under the old scheme (prior to Grading System), marks are to be converted to 9 point absolute grade.
- Note: For those who have passed the qualifying exam under the old scheme (prior to Grading System), and with marks for individual papers with less than 30%, and have the eligibility for higher studies, will be considered to have passed the paper in D+ grade for calculating the score in 9 point absolute scale.
- Stream I: The Weighted Grade Point Average 1 (WGPA1) is the average of sum of grade points of Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry multiplied by 0.7 and divided by the number of subjects in Mathematics, physics and chemistry.
- Stream II: The Weighted Grade Point Average 1 (WGPA1) is the average of sum of grade points of Mathematics and English multiplied by 0.7 and divided by number of subjects in Mathematics and English.
See: Engineering College Admissions Notice
Kerala Polytechnic College Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- The prospectus is available in the website www.polyadmission.org and can be freely downloaded. The candidates will be required to submit their applications online through the website www.polyadmission.org
- The application fee shall be Rs. 150/-. (For scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates, it shall be Rs. 75/-.) It should be remitted along with the hard copy of the application at the Polytechnic College.
- Applications can be submitted online from any computer having internet facility.
- For the benefit of candidates who do not have access to internet facility, Help Desks are
- established in all the Polytechnic Colleges. Candidates are encouraged to avail this facility which is provided absolutely free of cost. This also reduces the errors which may happen while filling the applications elsewhere, since sufficient staffs are deputed to help the candidates.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
Government of Kerala Polytechnic College
- Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Padmavilasom Raod, Fort PO Thiruvananthapuram, Websitewww.polyadmission.org , or www.dtekerala.gov.in