GKCIET Diploma Courses Admission 2019, Notification, Dates, Application
GKCIET announces GET 2019 for Diploma Courses Admission 2019 Notification
GKCIET GET 2019 - Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology (GKCIET), Malda is going to conduct GET 2019 for admission to the Diploma Courses of 3 years duration in (i) Civil Engineering (CE), (ii) Computer Science & Technology (CST), (iii) Electrical Engineering (EE), (iv) Food Processing Technology (FPT) and (v) Mechanical Engineering (ME) under WBSCT & VE & SD, Kolkata for the candidates from other states & U.T. excluding West Bengal in the session 2019-20.
Interested candidates can check all the details of GKCIET GET 2019, like application form, eligibility criteria, application procedure etc from this page give below.
GKCIET GET 2019 Important Dates
- Starting of Downloading the Application Form through Portal GKCIET Entrance Test 2019 (GET-2019) Link: 19th March 2019
- Last Date for Receiving the Application Form to Email ID: 12th April 2019 (Upto 0400 PM)
- Last Date for Receiving the Application Form by Post: 19th April 2019 (Upto 0400 PM)
- Issue of Admit Card (by email): 29th April 2019 (Tentative)
- Admission Test (GET-2019): 26th May 2019
- Publication of Result: 03rd June 2019 (Tentative)
Diploma Program Details
- The institute is aimed to offer education in emerging areas of Engineering & Technology through Diploma, Degree and Higher modules
- This brochure is mainly for admission in the Diploma Programs to be offered by the Institute under the WBSCTe VM&SD, Kolkata in the session of 2019-20 onwards:
Diploma 3 Year Duration
- 50% of the approved intake is to be filled up through JEXPO Exam conducted by WBSCT & VE & SD, Kolkata for the candidates of West Bengal and remaining 50% of the approved intake is to be filled up by a separate entrance test (GKCIET Entrance Test or GET) conducted by GKCIET, Malda for the candidates from other states excluding West Bengal.
- The objective of these diploma programs is to produce technically skilled and supervisory level manpower in appropriate areas.
Diploma Programs Offered & Intake
- Diploma Programs are to be offered in the session of 2019-20
- Civil Engineering (CE) - 30 for JEXPO; 30 for GET-2019 & Total - 60 Intake
- Computer Science & Technology (CST) - 30 for JEXPO; 30 for GET-2019 & Total - 60 Intake
- Electrical Engineering (EE) - 15 for JEXPO; 15 for GET-2019 & Total - 30 Intake
- Food Processing Technology (FPT) - 15 for JEXPO; 15 for GET-2019 & Total - 30 Intake
- Mechanical Engineering (ME) - 15 for JEXPO; 15 for GET-2019 & Total - 30 Intake
Eligibility Criteria for GKCIET Diploma Courses Admission 2019
- Must be an Indian Citizen and medically fit.
- The minimum qualification for admission to the Diploma Programs is Matric (10th Std.) pass or its equivalent exam with English, Physical Science/ Science (Physics & Chemistry) and Mathematics from a State Secondary Education Board/CBSE /ICSE/National Open School or equivalent securing at least 35% marks in aggregate as per AICTE norms excluding marks of the subjects taken as additional.
- Candidates Appeared/appearing in secondary or equivalent exam in 2019 with English, Physical Science/ Science (Physics & Chemistry) and Mathematics may also apply conforming to the benchmark of 35% marks in aggregate excluding marks of the subjects taken as additional at the time of counselling.
- Should not be born after 01st July 2004 and there is no upper age limit
GKCIET GET 2019 Admission Procedure
- Admission to all Diploma Courses shall be made on the basis of a National Level Entrance Test (GET-2019)
- All admissions will be made on the merits determined for admission by the Institute.
- In case of tie among two or more candidates, the candidate having higher marks in qualifying exam shall be placed higher in merit. Again, if there is tie in qualifying marks, candidate eldering age by date of birth as per the relevant entry in the matriculation certificate shall be placed higher in merit.
- In principles relating to the reservation, the institute follows reservation policies as per the MHRD/ Govt. of India.
- Total seats meant for Diploma Courses are bifurcated for the candidates of the State of West Bengal and for the candidates belong to other States, respectively in the following proportion:
- Quota for West Bengal: 50%
- Quota for Other States and U.T: 50%
- The GET-2019 is applicable for the candidates from other states and UT excluding the state of West Bengal. In this regard, the candidates have to furnish Residential/Domicile Certificate from the Govt./ Appropriate Body to claim territorial quota.
GKCIET GET 2019 Exam Pattern
- GKCIET Entrance Test (GET-2019) for admission to the Diploma Program Will consist of two papers (each of 2:00 hours duration) comprises of Mathematics’ as the FIRST paper and ‘Physics & Chemistry or Physical Science or Science’ as the SECOND paper.
- ‘Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)’shall be set for both the papers
- The FIRST Paper (Mathematics) will be of 100 marks with 100 MCQ and the SECOND paper is also of 100 marks (Physics and Chemistry, 50 marks each) with 100 MCQ
- Under no circumstances, repeat examination will be conducted for those who are unable to appear in the exam on the scheduled date and time.
Medium of Exam
- Candidates appearing for the entrance test for Diploma Programs shall have to answer questions in English. Question paper will be provided in English only.
- Malda (WB)
- Kolkata (WB)
- Guwahati (Assam)
- Patna (Bihar)
GKCIET GET 2019 Admit Card
- Admit Card will be sent through e-mail to the individual eligible candidate and may also be available by request to the e-mail ID: email@example.com or by hand from the Institute Office after receiving hard copy of Application Form and DD by the office for the GET-2019.
- Admit Card shall also be send by post
- Photograph of the candidate in the downloaded/received admit card is to be authenticated by Headmaster of the last school attended/Gazetted officer
GKCIET GET 2019 Application Process
- Application Form for GKCIET Entrance Test (GET-2019) will be available in the Institute Website www.gkciet.ac.in from 19th March 2019 to 12th April 2019 (up to 04.00 PM).
- Prepare a Demand Draft as application fee of Rs.500/- (for SC/ST candidates Rs.200/- and there is no application fee for the candidates applying under PWD category) in favour of “Accounts Officer, GKCIET, Malda” payable at Malda.
- Log on to the website of GKCIET www.gkciet.ac.in and click on GKCIET Entrance Test-2019 (GET-2019) link.
- Take a printout of the filled-in form
- Paste photograph and put signature(s) in the appropriate places in the form
- Submit hard copy of the duly filled-in Application Form along with the DD (original) within 19th April 2019 by post (preferably by speed Post) or hand delivery to the Chairman, Admission Committee (2019-20), Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering & Technology, Narayanpur, Malda-732141 (West Bengal, India).
GKCIET GET 2019 Application Fee
- An application fee of Rs.500/- per candidate whereas Rs.200/- per candidate for the candidates belong to SC/ST category, is applicable and to be drawn in favour of "Accounts Officer, GKCIET, Malda" payable at Malda
- However, there is no application fee for the candidates applying under PWD category
Chairman, Admission Committee, Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering & Technology, Narayanpur, Malda-732141 (West Bengal, India), Website www.gkciet.ac.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here