Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology (GKCIET) announces Entrance Test (GET) 2023 for Diploma Admission
GKCIET Diploma Admission 2023 – Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology (GKCIET), Malda is going to conduct GKCIET Entrance Test – 2023 for admission to 3-years Diploma Program affiliated to WBSCT & VE&SD for the academic session 2023-24
GKCIET Diploma Admission 2023
- Civil Engineering (CE),
- Computer Science & Technology (CST),
- Electrical Engineering (EE),
- Food Processing Technology (FPT),
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Availability of Application Form: 05th May 2023
- Last Date for submitting application form: 04th June, 2023
- Publication of Eligibility List: 10th June 2023
- Issue of Admit Card (by e-mail): 16th June 2023
- Admission Test (GET-2023): 01st July, 2023 (Tentative)
- Publication of Result/Merit List: 07th July
- 1st 27th July 2023
- 2nd 07th August 2023
- 3rd 14th August 2023
- Civil Engineering (CE) : 30 (JEXPO 2023*) : 30 (GET 2023*) : Total 60
- Computer Science & Technology (CST) : 30 (JEXPO 2023*) : 30 (GET 2023*) : Total 60
- Electrical Engineering (EE) : 15 (JEXPO 2023*) : 15 (GET 2023*) : Total 30
- Food Processing Technology (FPT) : 15 (JEXPO 2023*) : 15 (GET 2023*) : Total 30
- Mechanical Engineering (ME) : 15 (JEXPO 2023*) : 15 (GET 2023*) : Total 30
- *However, Institute will follow the AICTE approval/EoA of 2023-22
Eligibility Criteria for GKCIET Diploma Admission 2023
- Must be an Indian Citizen and medically fit. Candidates must be a resident of other states excluding West Bengal & need to submit a residential certificate as per standard format (GKCIET/ WBSCT & VE & SD).
- The minimum qualification for admission to the Diploma Programs is Matric (10th Std.) pass or its equivalent examination with English, Physical Science/Science (includes Physics & Chemistry) and Mathematics from a State Secondary Education Board/CBSE/ICSE/National Open School or equivalent (Please follow the website council at www.webscte.ac.in) securing at least 35% marks (no rounding up) in aggregate as per AICTE norms/WBSCT & VE & SD excluding marks of the subjects taken as additional.
- The candidates appeared/appearing in secondary or equivalent examination in 2023 with English, Physical Science/ Science (Physics & Chemistry) and Mathematics may also apply conforming to the benchmark of 35% marks (no rounding up) in aggregate excluding marks of the subjects taken as additional should produce the marks sheet and certificate at the time of counselling, failing which the candidature will be cancelled. Please follow our Institute website for any update.
- Age limit : Should not be born after 01/07/2006 and there is no upper age limit.
- Before applying for admission, make sure you have an active email id and working contact number/WhatsApp number.
- Go to the website of GKCIET at https://www.gkciet.ac.in/facility/get and follow the notices/link under the title : All India GKCIET Entrance Test (GET-2023)
- Click on the “link” provided and fill all required information carefully and upload the scanned copies of your documents and press the submit option at the end for successful submission/uploading necessary documents of your application form.
- After submission of your application form, you will receive a confirmation mail indicating that your application has been submitted.
- Take the print out of confirmation mail and save it for future use.
- For general category/OBC/EWS candidates :- Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST category candidate :- Rs. 500/-
- Mode of Payment :- Through online mode only (NEFT/IMPS/Phone/Google pay)
- Institute Bank Details : A/c Holder Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology A/c No. 919010044132909 – IFSC UTIB0003140 – Bank Name Axis Bank – Branch Mangalbari Branch, Malda
- Admission to all Diploma Courses shall be made on the basis of a National Level Entrance Test (GET-2023). (However, in case COVID-19 pandemic scenario does not improve so as to conduct GET-2023 through an alternative mode of selection/ admission test should be followed).
- All admissions will be made on the merit determined for admission by the Institute. In case of tie among two or more candidates, the candidate having higher marks in qualifying examination shall be placed higher in merit (if marks available).
- Exam Date : 01st July, 2023
- Duration : 2 hrs (10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon)
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)’
- Total Marks: 100 Marks (Mathematics: 50 Marks, Physics : 25 marks, Chemistry : 25 marks)
- Negative Marking : 0.25 mark
For more details visit the official website