DTE Kerala B.Tech. Evening Course Admission 2019
DTE Kerala announces B.Tech (Evening) Degree Admission 2019-20
DTE Kerala B.Tech Admission 2019 - Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Government of Kerala (Thiruvananthapuram) has released notification from the eligible candidates for admission into Evening (Formerly Part Time) Degree Courses which is offered in selecting Engineering Colleges of the State for students possessing Diploma to acquire Bachelor Degree in Engineering for the academic year 2019-20.
- Evening (Formerly Part-time) Degree Courses are offered in selected Engineering Colleges of the State for students possessing Diploma to acquire Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
- The Course extends over a period of four academic years. The classes will be conducted normally in the evening on all working days and on holidays, if necessary, in accordance with the syllabi of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. The prospectus issued during the previous years is not valid for the year 2019-20.
Also See: Engineering Admissions
DTE Kerala B.Tech Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Downloading Prospectus and Application Form from the Website: 05th July to 20th July 2019
- Last date of receipt of duly filled Application Form: 22nd July 2019, 5.00 pm
- Rank List & Waiting List Publishing: 24th July 2019
- Date of Admission: 27th July 2019 (08.30 am to 06.00 pm)
- Vacancy Position Publishing: 29th July 2019
- Admission from Waiting List: 01st August 2019 (08.30 am to 06.00 pm)
- Commencement of classes 01st August 2019
Institutions, Courses & Number of Seats
- The list of institutions, courses offered and the total number of seats available in each branch are given in Annexure A
- The course is of 4 years (8 Semesters) duration and will include Lectures, Laboratory works, Seminars, Project work and Thesis. The hours of work will be about 5.45 pm to 09.15 pm, normally 5 days a week.
College of Eng. Trivandrum (APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University)
- Civil Engineering - 40 Seats; Mechanical Engineering - 40 Seats; Electrical & Electronics Engineering - 40 Seats; Electronics & Communication Engineering - 45 Seats; Computer Science & Engineering - 40 Seats
Govt. Eng. College, Wayanad (APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering - 30 Seats
- Note: subject to KTU Approval for year 2019-20.
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for DTE Kerala B.Tech Admission 2019
- Candidates shall be Indian Nationals employed in Kerala State.
- Candidates shall have passed Diploma in Engineering / Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education or equivalent.
- Candidates should be permanent technical / professional employment at the time of applying. As on 1st April of the corresponding year they should have at least one year of technical /professional experience after passing the Diploma Examination in any of the following types of establishments:
a) Government Organizations
b) Quasi- Government Organizations.
c) Industrial firms duly registered under Cooperative Societies Act.
d) Public or Private Limited companies registered under the Companies Act.
- Private-Aided Polytechnics and Private-Aided and unaided Engineering Colleges in the state.
- Employment for a period less than 6 months will not be reckoned for experience.
- One-year Apprenticeship Training under Apprenticeship Act will be taken in lieu of experience on production of Certificate issued by the head of the organization.
- Selection of candidates will be made by the Principal, College of Engineering Trivandrum, Thiruvananthapuram.
- A rank list based on an index mark will be prepared and published on the websites.
- The index mark is calculated as the sum of the aggregate percentage of marks obtained in all the semesters/years in the Diploma Examination and marks for the qualifying period of experience calculated as 2 marks per year. Maximum marks awarded towards experience will be limited to 10. The date of issue of final year/ final semester mark list will be considered for counting the qualifying experience.
- In the case of those applicants who are not having minimum eligible professional experience OR those who have not attached the incorporation certificate of the company where they have worked / are working; aggregate percentage of marks obtained in the Diploma Examination will be taken as their index mark.
Reservation of Seats
- The percentage of reservation of seats in respect of Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) is Ezhava-9%, Muslim-8%, Latin Catholic other than Anglo Indian-3%, Other Backward Christian -1%, Other Backward Hindu-3%. Dheerava and related communities – 2%, Viswakarma and related communities - 2%, Kusavan and related communities – 1% and Kudumbi -1%.
- The percentage of reservation of seats for SC is 8% and that for ST is 2%. Reservation to the SEBC will be in accordance with the provisions contained in G.O. (P) No. 208/66/Edn dated 02/05/1966 and G.O. (Ms) No. 95/08/SCSTDD dated 06/10/2008 and as amended from time to time.
- Within the sanctioned seats in each institution, one seat is reserved for candidate under sports quota.
- 5% seats are reserved for physically disabled. Candidates claiming reservation under physically disabled quota shall have a minimum of 40% disability.
- Such candidates are also required to produce a certificate obtained from the Medical Officer not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon to the effect that the candidate is fit enough to undergo the course, having more than 40% disability.
- Admission Fee - Rs.1000/- to be paid at the time of admission
- Tuition Fee - Rs.12500/- per Semester
- Special Fee - Rs. 3000/- per year
- Caution Deposit - Rs. 2000/- to be paid at the time of admission (refundable).
- Pre-Matriculation - Registration Fee as prescribed by the University.
DTE Kerala B.Tech Admission 2019 Application Process
- The Prospectus and the application form can be downloaded from the websites www.dtekerala.gov.in or www.cet.ac.in
- The print-out of the filled up application form along with a Demand Draft of Rs.600/- (Payable at State Bank of India (SBI), Engineering College Branch, Thiruvananthapuram 695016) drawn in favour of the Principal, College of Engineering Trivandrum, Thiruvananthapuram payable at Thiruvananthapuram from any nationalized bank (For SC/ST category, the corresponding amount will be Rs.300/-only) should be sent to “The Principal, B.Tech (Evening) Courses, College of Engineering Trivandrum, Thiruvananthapuram-695016”. Money Orders, Cheques etc. will not be
Submission of Applications
- The filled up Application together with the Demand Draft and the self-attested copies of the following documents should reach The Principal, B.Tech (Evening) Courses, College of Engineering Trivandrum, Thiruvananthapuram-695016, by registered post or by hand delivery. The time schedule is given in Annexure D.
Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Kerala, Padmavilasom Street, Fort P.O, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala-695023, India, Phone No: 0471-2561313, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.dtekerala.gov.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here