DIAT Pune MTech, MSc, PGDP, MS Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
DIAT Pune announces Admission to Post Graduate Programs 2019
DIAT Pune Post Graduate Program Admission 2019 - The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Pune has released a notification for admissions to the Post Graduate Programs for the academic session 2019-20.
About the DIAT Pune
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology - Deemed to be University (DIAT) is the premium Technological University of Dept. of Defence R&D / DRDO - Ministry of Defence - Govt. of India, engaged in imparting technical education, in niche areas at PG (M.Tech) & PhD levels over the last 60 years, in its various forms & capacities
- The main focus of the institute is to be get evolved as an innovative Unique Teaching & Research University to develop indigenous contemporary defence-related technologies
See: MTech Entrance Exams
DIAT Pune Post Graduate Program Admission 2019 Important Dates
- The online application process will start on: 26th March 2019
- Last date for accepting online application form: 23th Apr 2019
- Last date of receipt of Hard copy of application: 30th Apr 2019
- Tentative date of Counselling: 1st / 2nd week of June 2019
- Tentative date of commencement of the program: 1st Week of July 2019
PG Programs Offered
DIAT offers the following Postgraduate Programs for the Academic Year 2019-20
- Master of Technology (M. Tech) Programs
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) Program
- Master of Science (M.S) (By Research) Program
- Double Degree (DD) Program Offered Jointly by DIAT and Cranfield University (UK)
See: MSc Admissions
Eligibility Criteria with Courses Offered
MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M. TECH) PROGRAMS
- M.Tech Programs Specializations in Aerospace Engineering (50 Seats); Mechanical Engineering (75 Seats); Computer Science Engineering (25 Seats); Electronics & Communication Engineering (75 Seats); Material Science & Chemical Technology (75 Seats); Modelling and Simulation (25 Seats); Sensor Technology /Laser and Electro-Optics (LEOC) (25 Seats); and Technology Management (24 Seats); Corrosion Technology (26 Seats)
M Tech (Disciplines and Qualification Requirements):.
- M.Tech (Aerospace Engg): B.E/B.Tech degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical or AeSI / Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical/Electronics/Electronics and Communication/Instrumentation from recognized University/AMIE
- M. Tech in Computer Sci. & Engineering (Cyber Security): BE/B.Tech in Computer Science / Electronics/Electrical/Communication/Information Technology or M.Sc. in Computer Science
- M. Tech in Electronics Engineering (Radar & Communication): B.E/B.Tech degree in Electronics/Communication/Instrumentation Engineering from any recognized university
- M. Tech (Materials Science & Technology): B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc or Equivalent in Metallurgy/Materials Science / Materials Engg/Mechanical Engg/Ceramic Engg/Polymer Engg/Nano-Technology/M.Sc or Equivalent in Physics/Chemistry
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engg (Armament / Combat Vehicles): B.E/B.Tech degree and AMIE qualified Engineers in Mechanical/Production/Automobile Engineering disciplines from recognized university
- M. Tech in Sensor Technology: Master degree or equivalent in Physics/Applied Physics/Electronics/Electronic Science/Instrumentation or a B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc (Engg) degree or equivalent in Electronics/ Electrical /Communication/Telecommunication/Electronics/Instrumentation/E&TC Engg/Engg Physics. Departmental candidates, who are possessing AMIE / Grand IETE degree, are also eligible
- M.Tech in Modelling & Simulation: M.Sc in Mathematics / Physics / Statistics/ or/ Computer Science / (Provided mathematics is one of the subject at the graduate level), Bachelors Degree in Engg/Technology of a recognized Institute University
- M.Tech in Chemical Science & Tech.: M. Sc in any branch of Chemistry, BE/ B.Tech in Chemical Engg or BE/ B.Tech (Polymer) or equivalent degree
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engg (Marine): B.E degree in Mechanical/Marine Engineering from recognized University
- M.Tech in Signal Processing & Communication with specialization in: a) Wireless Networks & Applications (WNA); b) Navigation Systems (NS): B.E/B.Tech degree or equivalent in Electronics/Electrical/Communication/Telecommunication/Electronics & Instrumentation / E &TC Engineering/Computer Science & Engg/Information Technology/Instrumentation Engineering
- M.Tech in Robotics: B.E/B.Tech in Electrical / Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Mechanical Engg /Mechatronics / Computers / Instrumentation Engineering
Eligibility for M. Tech Program
- 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA in the qualifying examination as indicated against the disciplines concerned and valid GATE Score/UGC-CSIR NET Certificate
- Qualification should have been obtained from a UGC recognized University/Deemed to be University/Institution in India
- Candidates who are in the final semester of their degree are eligible to apply; Mark sheet up to the last semester should be enclosed
- Provisional certificate in such cases along with Mark sheet of the final semester are required to be submitted before commencement of program
- Not more than 26 years as on 01st July 2019
- Relaxations as per GOI rules apply to SC/ST/OBC/PH applicants
- Selected candidate will be eligible for applying for scholarship (Rs.12400/- per month at present) under DBT Scheme of AICTE during the M. Tech Course, subject to attendance
MASTER OF SCIENCE PROGRAM
- M.Sc. in Food Technology (Only for Sponsored category) [In collaboration with DFRL, Mysore (Total Intake: 25)]
- Basic graduate degree in Food Science/Food Technology/ Nutrition/ Sciences/ Engineering/ Agriculture/ veterinary disciplines; at least Candidate must have science background at 10+ 2 level
- A sponsored candidate must be in service of the sponsoring organization. The sponsoring organization must specifically undertake to provide full salary to the candidate and to relieve him/her to pursue the course for its full duration.
- The sponsored candidates seeking admission to the M.sc in Food Technology course will be selected based on their performance in the interview.
- Self- Sponsored candidates are not eligible for this course.
Â MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.S) (BY RESEARCH) PROGRAM
- Master of Science (M.S) (By Research) [ Only for Sponsored Category]
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master's degree in appropriate Sciences with a good academic record
- Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme of their parent discipline provided they have passed both part A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record:
- Institution of Engineers (India) (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communications), The Aeronautical society of India, The Indian Institute of Metals, The Indian Institute of chemical Engineers, The Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Eligible candidate possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional criteria set by the department from time to time will be called for Test/Interview by Selection committee.
Double Degree (DD) Program Offered Jointly by DIAT and Cranfield University (UK)
- DIAT in association with Cranfield University (CU) proposes to commence a Double Degree (DD) program from the academic year 2019-20. Under this program, the admitted candidates will receive two degrees concurrently, i.e., M.Tech degree from DIAT and an M.Sc degree from CU in respective disciplines.
- Educational qualifications as per DIAT norms.
- Valid GATE score (only for civilian scholarship students).
- Valid IELTS band score of 7.5 or more.
- Valid passport and Visa.
- Any other eligibility criteria (if not mentioned here) will be governed by the existing norms of DIAT and CU.
- The applicant will fill a single form for the admission of DD program. The form will include the details needed by CU as well as DIAT. The data needed by CU will be forwarded by DIAT to CU for processing application for admission to the respective M.Sc program at CU. Similarly, DIAT will process the application form for admission to M.Tech program.
- The admission will be offered by DIAT based on the fulfillment of the requirements as applicable for M.Sc as well as M.Tech programs of CU and DIAT respectively.
Specializations at CU:
The students admitted in DD program can opt specialization in the following areas for their M.Sc degree from CU.
- Military Vehicle Technology.
- Gun System Design.
- Explosives Ordnance Engineering.
- Systems Engineering for Defence Capabilities
- Military Electronics Systems Engineering
- Defence Simulation and Modelling.
- Thermal Power
- Aerospace Vehicle Design
- Master of Business Administration
Note: The specializations mentioned in (1)-(6) will be offered at Shrivenham Campus of CU whereas (7)-(9) will be offered at the Bedford campus of CU.
- DIAT follows the reservation policy of Govt. of India as applicable to Higher Education Institutions for reservation of seats for SC/ST, OBC and PwD candidates
DIAT Pune Post Graduate Program Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online, as per the instructions, mentioned in the admission notice. Application fee [presently- Rs.500/- for General and OBC candidates (Rs.250/- for SC/ST, women, PWD candidates) per program(specialization) is required to be paid through online or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune
- Application has to be uploaded as per the instructions provided in the admission notice/website www.diat.ac.in
- A print out of the application acknowledgement generated by the system after upload of application has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope super scribed the name of M. Tech Program to the Deputy Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advance Technology, Pune 411025 along with the DD drawn/proof of online payment and with the self-certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials
- Candidates seeking admission to more than one program (specialization) need to apply separately
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.diat.ac.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here