DASA 2019 Direct Admission for Students Abroad UG - Application, Dates
DASA 2019-20 Admission Notification
DASA 2019 - Admissions are open under Direct Admissions for Students Abroad (DASA) mode for Undergraduate students for the academic year 2019
DASA or Direct Admission of Students Abroad is a scheme by the HRD Ministry for admissions to premier Indian institutes offering Engineering/ Management/ Architecture/ Planning Programs at the UG as well as the PG Level
Also see : Latest Entrance Exams 2019
Four year single degree programmes [more information]
- [CSE] B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- [ECE] B.Tech in Electronics and Communication and Engineering
Five year dual degree programmes [more information]
- [CSD] B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering and Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering by Research
- [ECD] B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Master of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering by Research
- [CLD] B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Linguistics by Research [more information]
- [CND] B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Natural Sciences by Research
Sanctioned Number of Seats:
- Computer Science Programs (CSE and CSD): 25
- Electronics and Communications Programs (ECE and ECD): 10
- Other Programmes (CND/CLD): 5
Also see : Engineering Entrance Exams 2019
Eligibility criteria for DASA 2019
- Both SAT and SAT Subject Test scores are mandatory for application; the essay part of SAT is not required. The test scores should be reported directly to IIIT-H by the college board before the last date of submission of online application form.
- Applicants should have completed 12th class or equivalent by May 2019 or earlier. Candidate should have scored at least 60% marks (or 6.0 grade on 10 point scale) in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Applicants should have a minimum aggregate score of 1070 (out of a maximum of 1600) in SAT, and also a minimum aggregate score of 2000 (out of a maximum of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics level 2. Both scores are mandatory.
- The ranking will be based on the SAT Subject scores with SAT scores used to break ties, as detailed in our web page.
- Admissions through DASA for 2019-20 will be through the SAT and SAT Subject Scores. The primary ranking criterion is the total marks obtained in 3 SAT Subject tests: Maths level 2, Physics, and Chemistry. All applicants will be ranked based on this total marks first. In the case of a tie in total marks, the following marks (in the given order) will be used to resolve the same.
- Maths level 2 (SAT Subject)
- Physics (SAT Subject)
- Chemistry (SAT Subject)
- Total SAT score
- Evidence based Reading and writing (SAT)
- Maths (SAT)
- Students tied even after the above will be given the same rank and treated on par.
- A fee of INR 6000 (Non-Refundable) is to be paid online, while submitting the online application form.
- Tuition fee: USD 12,000 for the academic year 2019-20.
- Hostel and Mess fees extra; these charges will be on par with the other students at the institute.
Payment of Initial Fee:
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat should confirm the acceptance of the seat by paying the tuition fee for one semester, on or before the acceptance dates which will be announced with the seat allotment.
- The first semester tuition fee of USD 6,000 or equivalent in INR (will be specified on website later) should be paid online through the payment portal. Instructions for payment will be emailed to you.
- After admission, candidates will need to pay caution deposit, hostel fees, mess deposit, etc. (about Rs. 50,000) at the time of registration. Details will be sent later.
DASA 2019 Application Process
Online application should be submitted by candidates on the official website.
- Online application will be accepted from March 2, 2019 to April 25, 2019
- Last date for submission of online application is 5 PM IST on April 25, 2019 (Thursday) (Applications will not be accepted after the last date under any circumstances).
DASA 2019 Important dates
- Online application portal open on: 2nd March 2019
- Online application portal closes on: 25th April 2019
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website : www.dasanit.org
DASA office, Administrative Block, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India, 440010, Phone No.: +91712-2801748 Fax: +91712-2223969, +91712-2223230
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here