Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar announces Admission to Diploma, M.Tech, M.Des & PhD Program 2022 through Entrance Exam
Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar Admission 2022 – Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar invites application for the admission to Diploma, Master of Technology (M.Tech), Master of Design (M.Des) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Course for the academic session 2022 through entrance test
Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar Admission 2022
- Diploma Program (3 yrs) in
- Civil Engineering : 30 Seats
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) : 30 Seats
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) : 30 Seats
- Food Engineering and Technology (FPT) : 30 Seats
- Control and Instrumentation (CI) : 30 Seats
- Animation and Multimedia Technology (AMT) : 30 Seats
- M.Tech Program in
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) : 18 Seats
- Water Resources and Hydraulic Engineering (WRH) : 18 Seats
- Green Energy Technology (GET) : 18 Seats
- Food Engineering and Technology (FPT) : 18 Seats
- Master of Design (M. Des) : 15 Seats
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Food Engineering and Technology
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Opening of Online Application : 25th April 2022
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form : 15th June 2022
- Date of Entrance Test : To be announced
- Declaration of Result : To be announced
- Candidates must have passed HSLC or equivalent with 40% marks in aggregate and 40% of marks in Science, Mathematics (or Advanced Mathematics) and English taken together. (5% relaxation for ST/SC/PWD candidates).
- Age Limit: The age of the candidates as on 1st August of the current Academic year must not exceed the following age limit for different categories- (i) GEN/OBC-19 years; (ii) SC/ST/PWD-24 years; (iii) Female Candidates-22 years.
- Passed B. Tech or Equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 6.5/10 or 60% of marks in aggregate in relevant disciplines. (5% relaxation for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Candidates who have completed three year degree programme (10+2+3 pattern) in any specialization from a recognized college or university with a minimum experience of one (1) year of professional programme / work experience in the relevant areas of art, animation, multimedia, mass media and design OR passed Four (4) year B.Des/BFA/BVA/Bachelors in Multimedia/Fashion/Accessory design or equivalent or appearing final year examination in similar course OR Five (5) year professional degree in BFA, BVA or equivalent.
For PhD Program
- Master degree in relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 6.5/10 or 60% for Engineering or Grade B or 55% of marks in UGC 7 point scale for others. Or
- B. Tech degree in relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 8.5/10 or 80% marks in aggregate.
- Written Test/Personal Interview will be conducted as per the notification in due time.
- Interested & Eligible Candidates can apply through the online portal: http://admission.cit.ac.in
- Candidates read all instructions / brochures before applying.
- For General Candidates : Rs.1500/
- For SC/ST/PWD Candidates : Rs. 750/-
- Mode of Payment : Through online mode
- Diploma : Candidates seeking admission to Diploma must qualify either Central Institute of Technology Diploma Entrance Examination (CITDEE) conducted by CIT Kokrajhar or Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) conducted by SCTE, Assam. 85% of intake is allotted for CITEE and rest of the seats are allotted for PAT qualified candidates.
- M.Tech : Candidates seeking admission to M. Tech Programme must qualify either Central Institute of Technology Master of Technology Entrance Examination (CITMTEE) – 2022 conducted by CIT Kokrajhar or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by IITs and IISc on behalf of National Coordination Board-GATE followed by personal interview to be conducted by respective Departments. GATE qualified candidates will be given preference.
- M.Des. : For getting admission into M. Des programme, the candidates must qualify either Central Institute of Technology Master of Design Admission Test (CITMDAT) – 2022 conducted by CIT Kokrajhar or Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) conducted by IIT Bombay.
- PhD : The selection process is through a Written Test followed by Personal Interview.
- Diploma : CITDEE is conducted once every year by CIT Kokrajhar for entry into the Diploma programme. It is of three hours duration and consists of multiple choice questions with a total of 150 marks. The question paper consists of five (5) sections: A, B, C, D & E. Section-A consists of twenty five questions in Physics, Section-B of twenty five questions in Chemistry, Section-C of twenty five questions in Biology, Section- D consists of fifty questions in Mathematics & Section-E consists of twenty five questions in English. Each question carries one mark each.
- M.Tech : The CITMTEE is conducted by CIT Kokrajhar for admission into M. Tech Programme. It is of two hours duration and consists of multiple choice type questions carrying one mark each with a total of 100 marks.
- M.Des: The CITMDAT is conducted by CIT Kokrajhar for admission into M. Des programme. The question paper consists of two parts- Part-A: 50 multiple choice questions carrying one mark each and Part-B: two sections each of 25 marks which are Perceptive/Illustrative type.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website
- Admission Notifications and Dates 2022
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications and Dates 2022
- PhD Admission Notifications 2022
- M.Tech Entrance Exam Notifications 2022
- Design Entrance Exam 2022