ASTU M.Tech in Water Resource Management Admission 2019, Dates, Application
H2 - Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) announces Admission to M.Tech in Water Resource Management Admission 2019
ASTU M.Tech Admission 2019 - Applications are invited by ASTU from interested candidates for admission into M.Tech program in Water Resource Management for the academic session 2019
No. of seats: 18
See: MTech Entrance Exams
ASTU M.Tech Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Opening of the application submission process: 03rd June 2019
- Closing date of application submission: 30th June 2019
- List of shortlisted applicants for entrance exam: 08th July 2019
- Merit & waiting list for GATE qualified applicant: 08th July 2019
- Counselling/Admission of GATE qualified applicant: 10th July 2019
- Date of Entrance examination (valid ID Proof to be submitted to appear entrance examination): 14th July 2019
- Merit & Waiting list for selected applicants from entrance exam (will be published in www.neriwalm.gov.in): 22nd July 2019
- Counselling/Admission of entrance exam qualified applicants: 26th July 2019
- Commencement of classes for the new session: 01st August 2019
Eligibility Criteria for ASTU M.Tech Admission 2019
- Candidates with any of the following academic qualifications are eligible to apply for admission to M.Tech Programme in Water Resource Management:
- BE/B.Tech/ AMIE in Civil/ Agricultural Engineering with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for ST and SC) in aggregate (or equivalent CGPA), Candidates awaiting last semester BE/B.Tech/AMIE results in the above mentioned branches may also apply, but will have to submit the required documents within a stipulated period to be specified by the selection committee.
For full time sponsored/nominated candidates only:
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech and who possess the required qualifications stated above must have at least 50% marks (45% for SC and ST) at qualifying degree level. The SC/ST category candidates must submit, the requisite certificate along with the application/ or at the time of counseling (for GATE qualified/ fresh candidates) from a competent authority.
- The full time sponsored candidates must have a minimum of two years of full time work experience in responsible capacity in a registered firm/ company/ industry/ Educational and Research Institution/Govt./Quasi Govt. Autonomous organization in the relevant field in which admission is being sought. The Firm/ Company/Industry shall either be a public sector undertaking or a public limited undertaking or a private concern whose annual turnover during the last two years exceeds Rs. 5 crore.
- Candidate must submit the sponsorship certificate duly signed by the Head of the Institution/Organization on the prescribed Proforma at the time of counseling.
- Out of 18 approved seats, 9 seats will be filled up from officials of Ministry/Government/Semi government organizations from India whose candidature will be officially sponsored
- For remaining 9 seats, candidates with valid GATE score in the above mentioned branches will be preferred and admitted on merit basis.
- The remaining vacant seats will be filled up through entrance examination to be conducted by NERIWALM (NERIWALM-EE2019)
- Objective type technical questions related to Water Resources Engineering (questions will be from Irrigation Engineering, Hydrology and Ground water):
- Date of Entrance Examination: 14th July 2019
- Time for Entrance Examination: 11.00 am to 12.30 am
ASTU M.Tech Admission 2019 Application Process
- Interested Candidates may apply in duly filled in prescribed Application Form by downloading from institute website www. neriwalm.gov.in and depositing application fee of Rs 300/- per candidate through a Demand Draft drawn in favor of North Eastern Regional Institute of water and Land Management (NERIWALM), Payable at Tezpur on or before the last date of submission of the application by Registered/Speed Post/E-mail (email@example.com) In case of account deposit, the receipt must be submitted along with the application.
Documents to be submitted with the application form;
- Either Demand Draft for Ts. 300/- in favour of NERIWALM, Tezpur or through NEFT in bank: Indian Bank, A/C no. 521659154, IFSC Code: IDIB000T126, CIF: 0221661211, Branch: Tezpur Branch (1514) (enclose payment receipt)
- Copies of High School Leaving (10th Standard) Certificate & Marksheet
- Copies of HS (10+2 standard) Certificate & Marksheet
- Copies of HS (10+2 standard) Certificate & Marksheet
- Copies of BE/B.Tech/AMIE Certificate & Marksheet
- Candidates waiting for last semester BE/B.Tech/AMIE results will have to submit the proof of last examination passed, proof of no running backlog in the previous semester examinations and evidence of appearing in the last semester examination
- Copy of the valid GATE score card
- Copy of the relevant certificate issued by the competent authority, if seeking admission under any reserve category as mentioned.
- Copy of the Sponsorship/ No objection Certificate issued by the employer, if the candidate is employed.
- Two passport size photographs.
For more details visit the official website
ASTUNorth Eastern Regional Institute of Water and Land Management, Tezpur (An institute under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India) Dolabari, P.O. Kalaibhomora, Tezpur-784027, Assam, India www.neriwalm.gov.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here