AP ECET 2019 - Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test 2019
Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test for Diploma Holders & B.Sc. (Mathematics) Graduates 2019
AP ECET 2019 - Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP ECET) 2019 is conducted by JNTUA, Anantapur on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) for Diploma Holders of Engineering Technology/Pharmacy and B.Sc. Graduates (with Mathematics) for admission through lateral entry 2nd year level into B.E. / B.Tech. /B. Pharmacy Programs offered in Universities and AICTE/PCI approved Institutions in A.P. for the academic year 2019-20.
- A Common Entrance Test designated in full as AP ECET for Diploma Holders and for B.Sc. (Mathematics) Degree Holders and in short as AP ECET 2019 will be conducted by JNT University Anantapur on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education for the academic year 2019.
- For Lateral Admission into 2nd year regular B.E. & B. Tech. Courses in University Engineering Colleges to the extent of 10% of over and above sanctioned intake and in AICTE approved Un-Aided Private Professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) to the extent of 20% of over and above sanctioned intake for Diploma holders and B.Sc. degree holders for the academic year 2019.
- For Lateral admission into 2nd year regular B. Pharmacy Courses as approved by Pharmacy Council of India in University Colleges to the extent of 10% of over and above sanctioned intake and in Un-Aided Private Professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) to the extent of 20% of over and above sanctioned intake for the seats specifically earmarked for Diploma holders for the academic year 2019.
- Candidates with B.Sc. degree are not eligible for admission into pharmacy course.
Courses at B.E / B.Tech / B.Pharm
- Name of Course & Code: Aeronautical Eng., (ANE); Aerospace Eng., (ASE); Automobile Eng., (AUT); Biotechnology (BIO); Biomedical Eng., (BME); Civil Environmental Eng., (CEE); Chemical (Ceramic) Technology (CER); Chemical Eng., (CHE); Civil Eng., (CIV); Chemical Petro Eng., (CPE);Computer Science & Eng., (CSE); Computer Science & Systems Eng., (CSS); Computer Science & Technology (CST); Civil Technology (CVT); Electronics & Communication Eng., (ECE); Electronics & Computer Eng., (ECM); Electronics Control Systems Eng., (ECS); Electrical & Electronics Eng., (EEE); Electronics and Instrumentation Eng., (EIE); Electronics & Telecommunication Eng., (ETC); Electronics & Telemetric (ETM); Geo-Informatics (GIN); Instrumentation & Control Eng., (ICE); Information Technology (INF); Industrial Production Eng., (IPE); Instrumentation Eng., & Technology (IST); Mechanical (Mechatronics) Eng., (MCT); Mechanical Eng., (MEC); Metallurgical Eng., (MET); Mining Eng., (MIN); Mining Machinery Eng., (MME); Metallurgy & Material Eng., (MMT); Material Science & Nano Technology (MNT); Naval Architecture & Marine Eng., (NAM);Petroleum Engineering/Technology (PET); B. Pharmacy (PHM); Power Eng., (PWR); Textile Technology (TEX).
Also See: B.Sc Admission 2019 Notification
AP ECET 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Notification: 11th February 2019
- Starting Date of Application Submission: 18th February 2019
- Last Date for Application Submission Without Fine: 27th March 2019
- Last Date for Submission with Rs.1000/- Fine: 02nd April 2019
- Hall Ticket Downloading: 11th April 2019
- Date of Examination: 19th April 2019 (Friday, 10.00 am to 01.00 pm)
- Preliminary Key: 20th April 2019
- Final Date for Receiving Objections: 22nd April 2019
- Final Key Publishing: 24th April 2019
- Results Declaration: 29th April 2019
- Rank Cards Downloading: 06th May 2019
Eligibility Criteria for AP ECET 2019
- Candidates who are fulfilling the following eligibility conditions in respect to nationality and qualification can appear the AP ECET 2019:
- Candidate must be the Indian citizen.
- They should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh. The candidates should satisfy local/non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order, 1974 as subsequently amended.
- They should have obtained a Diploma in Engineering & Technology/ Pharmacy from the State Board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh State or any other Diploma from an AICTE approved institution recognised by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh as equivalent thereto for admission into the relevant B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharmacy courses into the Courses corresponding to the Diplomas as given in the following Annexure (or);
- They should have passed the 3-year B.Sc Degree examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the group combination from a recognized University in the state or its equivalent for entry into relevant courses as given in the following Annexure.
- Candidates who are pursuing a Diploma course shall be eligible for entry into the relevant B.E./B. Tech./ B. Pharmacy courses provided they have completed the prescribed course and passed all the subjects for the award of diploma course before admission into the college.
- Candidates should have passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology/ Pharmacy/ B.Sc Degree as the case may be with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) for entry into relevant courses.
Eligibility for Lateral Entry Admission Into B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm:
- Candidates should have appeared and qualified at the AP ECET 2019. Mere appearance at the Entrance Test does not automatically entitle a candidate to be considered for entry into any course unless the candidate satisfies the requirement of eligibility and other criteria laid down in the rules of admission.
- Admission to 85% of the seats in each course shall be reserved for the local candidates and the remaining 15% of the seats shall be un-reserved seats as specified in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions.
- The lateral entry seats in case of Un-Aided Private Professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) are 20% over and above the sanctioned intake into the course. In case of University Colleges, the lateral entry seats are 10% over and above the sanctioned intake into the course.
- While filling up the lateral entry seats based on the AP ECET 2019 ranks, B.Sc. (with Mathematics as one of the optional subjects) stream students will be considered for admission only after exhausting all the qualified diploma holders.
Eligibility for Writing Various AP ECET-2019 Papers:
- Bio-Technology: Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering
- Ceramic Technology: Ceramic Technology
- Chemical Engineering: Ceramic, Leather, Textile, Chemical Engg, Chemical-Petrochemical, Chemical-Plastics & Polymers, Chemical-Oil Technology, Chemical-Sugar Technology
- Civil Engineering: Civil, Civil-Construction Technology
- Computer Science & Engg.: Computer, Electronics and Computer, Special Diploma in Electronics with Computer, Information Technology
- Electronics & Communication Engg.: Electronics and Communication Engg, Special Diploma in Electronics-Biomedical, Tv And Sound, Industrial Electronics, Communication Engg, Embedded Systems, Applied Electronics and Instrumentation, Electronics and Instrumentation, Electronics and Telematics
- Electrical Engg.: Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.: Electronics and Instrumentation, Special Diploma in Electronics-Industrial Electronics, Applied Electronics and Instrumentation
- Mechanical Engg.: Automobile Engineering, Footwear Technology, Industrial Engg, Industrial Production Engg, Jewellery Design and Manufacturing, Mechanical Eng, Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich), Packaging Technology, Printing Technology
- Metallurgical Engg.: Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engg.: Mining Engineering, Industrial Engg, Mechanical Engg, Industrial Production Engg
- Pharmacy: Pharmacy
- B.Sc: B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the optional subjects
Pattern of Exam
- The Exam will be for 200 Marks with 200 Objective type questions and the distribution of marks for each stream will be as per examination pattern given below:
- Mathematics - 50 Marks (Common to all branches); Physics - 25 Marks (Common to all branches); Chemistry 25 Marks (Common to all branches); Engg (Civil /Electrical /Mechanical/Electronics & Communication/Computer/Chemical/Metallurgical/Mining/Electronics & Instrumentation/Ceramic Technology/Biotechnology as the case may be) - 100 (Separate question paper for each branch of Engineering); Total: 200 Marks
- Pharmaceutics - 50 Marks; Pharmaceutical Chemistry - 50 Marks; Pharmacognosy - 50 Marks; Pharmacology - 50 Marks; Total - 200 Marks
B.Sc. (Mathematics) Stream
- Mathematics - 100 Marks; Analytical Ability - 50 Marks; Communicative English - 50 Marks; Total - 200 Marks
- The Entrance Test is of three hours duration and Question Paper consists of total 200 questions as per scheme of entrance
- All questions will be objective type (Multiple Choice only). Each question carries one mark. Timings of test are 10.00 am to 01.00 pm.
Qualifying Marks in AP ECET 2019
- The qualifying percentage marks for obtaining a rank in APECET 2019 is 25% of the aggregate marks in the four subjects (three subjects for B.Sc. Mathematics) i.e., 50 marks out of a total of 200; however, in the case of SC/ST candidates, there shall be no minimum qualifying marks for ranking the candidates.
- The rank obtained with the benefit of relaxation of the minimum qualifying marks at the APECET [FDH & B.Sc. (Mathematics)]-2019 by any candidate claiming to belong to SC/ST category will be cancelled in case the claim is found to be invalid at the time of admission.
¬†AP ECET 2019 Exam Centres
- APECET 2019 will be conducted at the following Regional Centres: Anantapur, Kakinada, Vijayawada: All branches of Engineering, B.Sc. (Mathematics) and Pharmacy.
- Tirupati, Visakhapatnam: Civil, Mechanical, EEE, ECE, CSE, EIE, Chemical Engineering and B.Sc. (Mathematics).
- Guntur, Vizianagaram: Civil, Mechanical, EEE, ECE, CSE and B.Sc. (Mathematics).
AP ECET Hall Ticket 2019
- AP ECET 2019 hall ticket downloading will start from 11th April 2019. Candidates who have successfully submitted their application form can download their hall ticket from the official portal of AP ECET 2019.
- Hall ticket is the mandatory document required at the time of examination; keep it safe until the admission process gets over.
Also See: Pharmacy Admissions 2019
AP ECET 2019 Application Process
- For registration and submission of online application the aspiring candidates have to visit the website https://sche.ap.gov.in/ECET/ECET/ECET_HomePage.aspx
- The online application has been commenced from 18th February 2019
- Registration fee can be paid through AP online services or through credit card/debit card or net banking. No offline mode will be there for the payment of application fee. Candidates are required to pay Rs.550/- against the application form. Candidates also have to pay additional fee charges.
- The detailed information regarding eligibility, syllabus and model Question Paper, Mock Test, related instructions and procedure for Online Submission of Applications are available on the website www.sche.ap.gov.in/ecet.
AP ECET Office
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur, Ananthapuramu-515002, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.apecet.org
Get latest Engineering Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below: