Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) announces Admission to B.Tech and Dual Degree (B.Tech – M.Sc./ M.Tech) Program 2021
IIST B .Tech and Dual Degree Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram announces admission to B.Tech and Dual Degree (B.Tech – M.Sc./ M.Tech) Programs for the academic year 2021-22.
Interested candidates can apply for IIST B .Tech and Dual Degree Admission 2021 from October 6 to October 20, 2021. Read on for more details.
Programs Offered at IIST
- 4-Year B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering
- 4-Year B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering (with specialization in Avionics)
- 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech. + Master of Science/Master of Technology)
IIST B .Tech and Dual Degree Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Opening of Online Registration and Filling-in of Branch Preferences : 06th October 2021
- Closing of Online Registration : 20th October 2021
- Publication of IIST Admission Rank List : 21st October 2021
- Closing date for Modification of Branch Preferences : 22nd October 2021
- Seat Allotment/ Acceptance rounds Seat Allotment/Acceptance rounds is tentatively scheduled to start from : 23rd October 2021
- Re-validation of registration of Waiting List Candidates Joining IIST** : 30th November 2021, (Reporting Time:10:00 Hrs)
- Spot Admissions Notification, if required (in case of vacancies) : 30th November 2021
- Spot Admissions Registration, if required (Applicable only for remaining wait-listed candidates after last round of seat allotment) : 30th November to 02nd December 2021
- Spot Admissions, if required. (Online) (Applicable only for remaining wait-listed candidates after last round of seat allotment) : 02nd December 2021
- Closing of Admission : 04th December 2021
- Commencement of Classes** : 07th December 2021
- Induction Programme** : 02nd to 06th December 2021
- Last date for joining : 10th December 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IIST B .Tech and Dual Degree Admission 2021
- Candidates desirous of admission to IIST must satisfy ALL eligibility criteria detailed below.
- Citizenship : Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
- Date of Birth : Candidates belonging to General, EWS and OBC-NCL categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1995. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST and PD categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1990.
- The date of birth as recorded in the certificate of high school/ first Board/ or its equivalent will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, the candidate must, at the time of accepting the seat, submit an authenticated document from a competent authority indicating the same.
Minimum Marks Requirement in Qualifying Examination
- Candidates must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent – see below for list of Qualifying Examinations) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD candidates should be at least 65%. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered), Any subject other than four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered)
List of Qualifying Examinations:
Any one of the following will be accepted as the Qualifying Examination:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country is recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
Minimum Marks Requirement in JEE (Advanced)–2021 Examination:
- Candidates should have appeared for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2021 conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA), to qualify themselves to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2021 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed marks.
IIST B .Tech and Dual Degree Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates who are desirous to join the Undergraduate and Dual Degree Programs offered by IIST are required to apply separately to IIST through the online application portal (http://admission.iist.ac.in or https://www.iist.ac.in/) and follow the steps
- Male candidates in General/EWS/ OBC-NCL Category : Rs. 600/-
- Female candidates in General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL Category : Rs. 300/-
- All SC/ ST/ PD candidates : Rs. 300/-
- Admission to UG Program is based on +2 and JEE Advanced 2021.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website