VTUEEE 2020 Vel Tech University Engineering Entrance Exam, Dates, Application
Vel Tech Dr. RR & Dr. SR Technical University announces Vel Tech Technical University Engineering Eligibility Examination (VTUEEE) 2020
VTUEEE 2020 - Vel Tech Dr. RR & Dr. SR Technical University has announced the exam dates for Vel Tech Technical University Engineering Eligibility Examination (VTUEEE), which will be conducted in January 2020.
- VTUEEE 2020 is a Vel Tech Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Exam for Scholarship which is conducted by Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology for the award of Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship for four-year B.Tech. Degree Programs of the Institution
- Care has been taken to provide equal opportunity to all students across the country in view of different School Boards at 10+2 (Class - XII) Level. The question paper shall be based on JEE main 2020 Syllabus.
- VTUEEE 2019 is being conducted in two phases - 1 and 2. Those who appear in phase-1 can avail university fee structure of 2019, whereas 2020 fee structure is applicable for those who appear in phase 2
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exam
VTUEEE 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date to Apply: October 2019
- Date of Examination: 22nd & 26th January 2020
- Announcement of VTUEEE 2020 Result: 15th February 2020
Phase - II
- VTUEEE 2020 PPT & CBT Date of Examination: 23rd to 26th April 2020.
- Announcement of VTUEEE 2020 Result: 6th May 2020
- The University offers 23 B.Tech. Programs and also more programs in collaboration with International Universities. Those who wish to appear in VTUEEE must fill and submit VTUEEE application form. One must also ensure to check eligibility criteria
B.Tech. Programs Offered
- (All Programs are approved by AICTE)
- Aeronautical Engineering; Automobile Engineering; Biomedical Engineering; Biotechnology; Civil Engineering; Computer Science & Engineering; Electronics & Communication Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Information Technology; Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for VTUEEE 2020
a) For 4-year B. Tech Degree Programs
- In addition to the Govt. norms, candidates who seek admission to B. Tech Degree Program should have either completed or appearing for, any one of the following examinations; 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Exam conducted by any State Board, Central Board of higher Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi);
- The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE, New Delhi); National Institute of Open School; Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University; High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or equivalent
b) Eligibility Criteria for VTUEEE 2020
- A pass in +2 (or its equivalent).
- Those appearing for 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in March/April/May 2020 can appear for VTUEEE 2020.
- For the purpose of consideration for award of the Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship, the State or Union Territory from which the candidate has studied and appeared for the qualifying examination (12th standard examination of the State or Central Board) will be taken as the state to which the candidate belongs, even though the nativity of the candidate may be another State or Union Territory.
Age Limit & Relaxation
- Candidates who have not completed 25 years of age as on 1st July of the year in which admission is sought are eligible.
- However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Challenged (PC) candidates, the age limit shall be relaxed by 5 years.
- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate only will be taken as authentic.
- Age relaxation up to six months may be granted by the Authority of the University in specific cases
Scheme of Examination
- Computer Based Test (CBT) - VTUEEE 2020
- Paper And Pen Test (PPT) - VTUEEE 2020
- The question paper pattern will be similar to JEE Mains exam
- Duration of the exam is 3 hours (180 minutes); The question paper consists of 90 questions; There are three parts in the question paper A,B,C consisting of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having 30 questions in each part of equal weightage.
- Each question is allotted 4(four) marks for correct response; ¼ (one fourth) marks will be deducted for indicating incorrect response of each question. No deduction from the total score will be made if no response is indicated for an item in the answer sheet.
- There is only one correct response for each question. Filling up more than one response in any question will be treated as wrong response and marks for wrong response will be deducted.
Schedule of Exam
- Paper and Pen Test
- Date of Examination - 22nd - 26th January 2020
- Paper and Pen Test
- Computer Based Test
- Date of Examination - 23rd-26th April 2020
- Time slot will be indicated in the hall ticket
Exemption from VTUEEE 2020
- Those students who secured first rank in +2 exam conducted by the respective States will be admitted directly into the course of their choice, subject to eligibility, with a full scholarship to the value of 100% of the tuition fee and hostel fee for the entire duration of the course.
- Only those who have appeared for VTUEEE 2020 Exam and admitted to any of the B.Tech Programs are eligible for Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship.
- The Hall Ticket will be sent by post “Under Certificate of Posting (UCP)” to the candidates (including those who applied online) about two weeks before the conduct of the examination; however, the Institution will not be responsible for any consequences that may arise due to loss of Hall Ticket in transit or non-delivery of the same.
- The e-hall ticket will be available for candidates online at www.veltech.edu.in, it can be downloaded by entering their application number and password generated during registration
- A rank list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in the VTUEEE 2020.
Announcement of Results
- The test results will be available in the website: www.veltech.edu.in for Phase-I on 15th February 2020 or
- as per the notification. For Phase-II on 6th May 2020 or as per the notification.
- There are more than 300 Scholarships and grants available for the Institutions students ranging from four year 100% Scholarships on tuition, boarding and lodging to 10% Concession in tuition fee. For details see Appendix IV
Rank based Concession
- Based on the rank obtained in VTUEEE 2020, candidates will get concession in the form of Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship. Candidates can avail the Scholarship calculated based on MPC Aggregate / VTUEEE 2020 ranking whichever is higher.
VTUEEE 2020 Application Process
- Candidates, who are interested in appearing for the Vel Tech University Engineering Entrance Exam (VTUEEE), can send in their applications through the official website of the University i.e. website http://veltechuniv.edu.in/
- Candidates can apply Online or Offline to Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology
Option 1 - Online Application Form:
- Candidate can visit www.veltech.edu.in to apply online. Application fee can be paid through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card/ UPI /Paytm postpaid or wallet.
Option 2 - Offline Application Form:
- Candidate can send in a Demand Draft for Rs.950/- drawn in favour of “ Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology”, payable at Chennai, to The Director - UG Admission along with a requisition letter containing the full address of the applicant (or)
- Purchase the Application forms from the Regional Office of Vel Tech on cash payment of Rs.950/-.
- The address of Regional offices are presented in the website. (or)
- By handing over a DD for Rs.950 /- in person at Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology, Avadi, Chennai
- Please send in the filled Application form only to the University Address: The Director - UG Admission, Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science, and Technology, No.42, Avadi-Vel Tech Road, Vel Nagar, Avadi, Chennai – 600 062, Tamil Nadu, India.
For more details and information on the application procedure, please visit their official website www.veltech.edu.in
Vel Tech Rangarajan
Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science, and Technology, No.42, Avadi-Vel Tech Road, Vel Nagar, Avadi, Chennai – 600 062, Tamil Nadu, India, Toll Free Number: 1800 3070 6949, Email: email@example.com website www.veltech.edu.in
Get latest Engineering Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below:
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here