Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission Open 2021 for B.E and B Tech Courses
TNEA 2021 – Anna University Chennai invites applications for the unified single window admission for first year B.E. /B.Tech Degree Courses to the University Depts./University Colleges, Govt. and Govt. Aided Engineering Colleges and for the seats surrendered by the Self-Financing Engineering Colleges through Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions, TNEA 2021.
Admissions to B.E./B.Tech. Degree Courses 2021-22 (For Tamil Nadu Candidates only)
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) is the process through which more than 1.5 lakhs Engineering aspirants get themselves enrolled into Engineering Colleges of Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions through Single Window Counselling.
Courses Offered through TNEA 2021
a)B. E. / B. Tech. 4 Academic years comprising of 8 Semesters
b) B. E. (Sandwich) 5 Academic years comprising of 10 Semesters
Allocation of Seats in Colleges
i. Seats in BE & B.Tech Degree Courses in University Depts. & Constituent Colleges of Anna University
ii. Seats in B.E Degree Courses in Mechanical Engineering & Civil Engineering (Tamil Medium) in University Depts. & Constituent Colleges of Anna University
Duration of the Program
B.E/B.Tech – 4 Academic years comprising of 8 semesters
B.E (Sandwich) – 5 Academic years comprising of 10 semesters
TNEA 2021 Important Dates
Commencement of TNEA 2021 Online Registration: 26th July 2021
Last Date for the Submission of TNEA 2021 Application Form: 24th August 2021
Upload of Original Certificates Start: 26th July 2021
Last Date for Uploading Original Certificates: 24th August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for TNEA 2021
- Passing the qualifying exam after the last date of submission of application shall not be considered
- Tamil Nadu candidates who have passed VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply.
- Children of Central Govt. Employees may also apply for admission, irrespective of their native, provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years at the time of submission of application.
- Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre Officers otherwise not native of Tamil Nadu are eligible.
- Children of Employees in Public Sector or Govt. Recognised Institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years may also apply.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. or their equivalent exam from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can also apply.
Eligibility & Qualifying Examinations
i. A pass in the HSC (Academic) or its equivalent with a minimum average percentage in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together as given below:
ii. General Category – 50%
iii. BC (including Backward Class Muslim) – 45%
iv. MBC & DNC – 40%
v. SC/SCA/ST – 40%
A pass in any one of the HSC (Vocational Subject) with any one of the Engineering related subjects namely Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with a minimum average percentage put together as given below:
a) General Category – 50%
b) BC (including Backward Class Muslim) – 45%
c) MBC & DNC – 40%
d) SC/SCA/ST – 40%
Maximum Age Limit – 25 years
Minimum Height – 157 cm
Minimum Weight – 48 kg
Color – Normal Colour vision
TNEA 2021 Application Process
- Candidates can register through Internet from anywhere by logging on to the official TNEA Web portals https://www.tneaonline or https://tndte.gov.in
- The procedure for Registration is available in the web portal.
- Candidates have to submit the online application either in person or by post along with photocopies of Mark Sheet(s), Proof of Age and copies of all other relevant certificates to the Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai-600025.
- All Information, guidelines, schedule of events related to TNEA process will be made available through the above web portals only.
For General category – Rs. 500/-
For SC/SCA/ST category – Rs. 1000/-
Payment Mode – Registration fee shall be paid by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking through online. Demand Draft payment shall be made only at TFCs and drawn in favour of "The Secretary, TNEA" payable at Chennai,
Admission to General Category
Selection of candidates will be based on the marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100) in the qualifying exam
1. Normalisation of Marks and Inter-se Merit
2. Admission of Vocational Stream Candidates
3. Admission to Sandwich Courses
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website