CEED 2020 Notification, Dates, Eligibility, Application Form
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2020 Notification
CEED 2020 Notification - Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is a qualifying Examination for Admission to Master of Design (M.Des) Programs at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IITDM Jabalpur, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur and PhD Programs in Design in some Institutes, for the Academic year 2020.
CEED 2020 Details
- The ‘Common Entrance Examination for Design’ (CEED, 2020) conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT, Bombay) every year to offer admission to the candidates aspiring to pursue ‘M. Des’. All the aspirants can apply for the entrance exam and admission who want to have a Master’s Degree in Designing (M. Des) from different prominent institutions like IITs, IISc.
- The candidates are offered admission in M.Des and PhD on the basis of their performance in CEED 2020. The admission in Master of Design (M.Des.) through CEED is offered at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur, IIITDM Jabalpur. For Ph.D., the candidates can apply at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
- For M Des and PhD Programs CEED 2020 will be conducted by IIT Bombay on 18th January 2020 (Saturday) from 10.00 to 13.00 hours. The online registration starts from 09th October 2019, and last until 09th November 2019
Important Dates for CEED 2020
- Online Registration with Regular Fee: 09th October to 09th November 2019
- Online Registration with Late Fee: 10th to 16th November 2019
- Admit Card Available for downloading from 01st January 2020 onwards
- Last Date for rectification of discrepancies in the Admit Card: 07th January 2020
- Date of CEED 2020 Exam: 18th January 2020 (Saturday)
- Release of Draft Answer Key for Part-A: 21st January 2020
- Last Date for sending comments about Draft Answer Key for Part A: 27th January 2020
- Release of Final Answer Key for Part-A: 04th February 2020
- Declaration of Result: 04th March 2020
- Score Cards Available for downloading: 04th March 2020
- CEED qualified students are eligible for the following postgraduate programs in various institutes with the specialization as mentioned:
a) Master of Design Programs
- IISc Bangalore: M.Des in Product Design and Engineering*
- IIT Bombay: M.Des in Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design
- IIT Delhi: M.Des in Industrial Design
- IIT Guwahati: M.Des in Design
- IIT Hyderabad: M.Des in Visual Design
- IIT Kanpur: M.Des in Design*
b) PhD Programs in Design (IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur)
- For the Design Programs at IISc Bangalore and IIT Kanpur, the *GATE qualified candidates will also be considered
- *For these programs at IISc Bangalore, IIITDM Jabalpur and IIT Kanpur, GATE qualified candidates are also eligible
- Candidates must have completed a degree / diploma / post graduate degree program of minimum 3 years (after 10+2 level)or must be appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2020 or must have passed the GD Arts diploma program (10+5 level) by July 2020
- Before applying for CEED, candidates are advised to check whether they meet the required eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes.
- There is no age limit to appear for CEED. Besides, a candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
Exam Pattern for CEED 2020
- CEED 2020 will be conducted on Saturday, 18th January 2020 from 10:00 - 13:00 hours. The examination will consist of two parts, Part A and Part B. Candidates must attempt questions from both the parts. Part A will be conducted from 10:00 to 11:00 hours followed by Part B from 11:00 to 13:00 hours. Every effort will be made to complete the examination in this session.
- Answer to Part A has to be given in the computer itself. Answer to Part B has to be given in the answer book provided by the invigilator. These answer books will be collected for manual correction at the end of the examination
- Part A will be used as screening test. If N is the total number of seats available in all the participating institutes, then approximately the top 10xN candidates will be shortlisted from Part A. Part B will be evaluated only for the candidates who are shortlisted from Part A. Only Part B score will be used for CEED 2020 merit list
- The final CEED score will be calculated by giving 25% weightage to marks obtained in Part A marks and 75% weightage to scores obtained in Part B.
- After the declaration of the result, CEED 2020 score cards will be available for downloading to all the qualified candidates. Hard copy of the CEED score cards will NOT be sent to the qualified candidates. Answer booklet (Part B) will not be provided to the candidates
- Open - 10%
- OBC-NCL - 9%
- SC / ST / PwD - 5%
- Part B answer books will be evaluated manually for the candidates who are shortlisted fromPart A. In Part B, there will be 8 questions of total 100 marks. Of these, questions 1-5 are discipline specific, that will have 40 marks each and the candidates have a choice to attempt any one of these questions.
- Marks obtained in other questions in Part B will be added to ‘S’ above to obtain the Part B score for the candidate. The final CEED score will be calculated by giving 25% weightage to marks obtained in Part A and 75% weightage to scores obtained in Part B after the above calculation
- Result Declaration Date 04th March 2020 - CEED result will be displayed on the CEED website (www.ceed.iitb.ac.in)
- The CEED 2020 score card is valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result. The CEED 2020 score card cannot be treated as a proof of date of birth, category or disability status
- Information provided in the registration form by the CEED qualified candidates will be shared with the participating institutes and may also be used for analysis
- Admit cards will be available for downloading from the CEED website from 01st January 2020 till 18th January 2020. Please take a clear printout (in colour) of the admit card before coming to the examination centre
- CEED 2020 Examination will be conducted in the following cities: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi,Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur,Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Vishakhapatnam.
- Candidates should compulsorily choose 3 cities in the order of preference at the time of online registration. Once the registration form is submitted, request for a change of city will NOT be entertained under any circumstances
- CEED registration form must be submitted ONLINE ONLY through the official website www.ceed.iitb.ac.in
Admit Card for CEED 2020
CEED 2020 Application Procedure
- Rs.1300/- for all women candidates
- Rs.1300/- for (SC / ST / PwD) candidates
- Rs.2600/- for all other candidates
- The application fee has to be paid through the payment option provided on the website while submitting the application form. Credit card, debit card and net-banking options are available, and the transaction charges have to be borne the candidates
- Post clicking on Pay Fee and Submit, you are redirected to Bill desk for payment process. Enter the account number in case of Internet Banking, Card number and CVV number for Debit Card and Card number and PIN for Credit Card users. Verify and click on Pay to complete the payment process
- Candidates have to pay the CEED 2020 Application fee during the CEED 2020 Application Process
- The normal registration fee shown above is applicable till the regular closing date of 16th November 2019, 23:45 hours. A late fee of Rs.500/- is applicable to ALL candidates for registrations submitted after the regular closing date till 16th November 2019, 23:45 hours
Common Entrance Examination for Design
Contact Address: Chairperson, JEE (Advanced)-UCEED-CEED 2019, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai-400076; Phone No.: +91-22-25767061, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.ceed.iitb.ac.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here