CEED 2019 Notifications Out - Dates, Eligibility, Application Form, Results
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2019
CEED Exam 2019 - Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is a qualifying Examination for Admission to Master of Design (M.Des) Program at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IITDM Jabalpur, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur and PhD Programs in Design in some Institutes, for the Academic year 2019
Get latest Engineering Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below:
CEED 2019 Details
- The ‘Common Entrance Examination for Design’ (CEED, 2019) conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT, Bombay) every year to offer admission to the candidates aspiring to pursue ‘M. Des’. All the aspirants can apply for the entrance exam and admission who want to have a Master’s Degree in Designing (M. Des) from different prominent institutions like IITs, IISc.
- The candidates are offered admission in M.Des and PhD on the basis of their performance in CEED 2019. The admission in Master of Design (M.Des.) through CEED is offered at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur, IIITDM Jabalpur. For Ph.D., the candidates can apply at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
- For M Des and PhD Programs CEED 2019 will be conducted by IIT Bombay on 19th January 2019 (Saturday) from 10.00 to 13.00 hours. The online registration starts from 09th October 2018, and last until 16th November 2018.
Read all the information about CEED Exam 2019 application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and the dates in the below
CEED 2019 Dates
- Online Registration with Regular Fee: 09th October to 09th November 2018
- Online Registration with Late Fee: 10th to 16th November 2018
- Admit Card Available for downloading from 01st January 2019 onwards
- Last Date for rectification of discrepancies in the Admit Card: 05th January 2019
- Date of CEED 2019 Exam: 19th January 2019 (Saturday)
- Release of Draft Answer Key for Part-A: 25th January 2019
- Last Date for sending comments about Draft Answer Key for Part A: 31st January 2019
- Release of Final Answer Key for Part-A: 04th February 2019
- Declaration of Result: 04th March 2019
- Score Cards Available for downloading: 04th March 2019
CEED qualified students are eligible for the following postgraduate programs in various institutes with the specialization as mentioned:
a) Master of Design Programs
- IISc Bangalore: M.Des in Product Design and Engineering*
- IIT Bombay: M.Des in Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design
- IIT Delhi: M.Des in Industrial Design
- IIT Guwahati: M.Des in Design
- IIT Hyderabad: M.Des in Visual Design
- IIT Kanpur: M.Des in Design*
- For the Design Programs at IISc Bangalore and IIT Kanpur, the *GATE qualified candidates will also be considered
*For these programs at IISc Bangalore, IIITDM Jabalpur and IIT Kanpur, GATE qualified candidates are also eligible
- Candidates must have completed a degree / diploma / post graduate degree program of minimum 3 years (after 10+2 level)or must be appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2019 or must have passed the GD Arts diploma program (10+5 level) by July 2018. Before applying for CEED, candidates are advised to check whether they meet the required eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes.
- There is no age limit to appear for CEED. Besides, a candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
CEED 2019 Exam Pattern
- CEED 2019 will be conducted on Saturday, 19th January 2019 from 10:00 - 13:00 hours. The examination will consist of two parts, Part A and Part B. Candidates must attempt questions from both the parts. Part A will be conducted from 10:00 to 11:00 hours followed by Part B from 11:00 to 13:00 hours. Every effort will be made to complete the examination in this session.
- Answer to Part A has to be given in the computer itself. Answer to Part B has to be given in the answer book provided by the invigilator. These answer books will be collected for manual correction at the end of the examination
- Part A will be used as screening test. If N is the total number of seats available in all the participating institutes, then approximately the top 10xN candidates will be shortlisted from Part A. Part B will be evaluated only for the candidates who are shortlisted from Part A. Only Part B score will be used for CEED 2019 merit list
- The final CEED score will be calculated by giving 25% weightage to marks obtained in Part A marks and 75% weightage to scores obtained in Part B.
- After the declaration of the result, CEED 2019 score cards will be available for downloading to all the qualified candidates. Hard copy of the CEED score cards will NOT be sent to the qualified candidates. Answer booklet (Part B) will not be provided to the candidates
- Open - 10%
- OBC-NCL - 9%
- SC / ST / PwD - 5%
- Part B answer books will be evaluated manually for the candidates who are shortlisted fromPart A. In Part B, there will be 8 questions of total 100 marks. Of these, questions 1-5 are discipline specific, that will have 40 marks each and the candidates have a choice to attempt any one of these questions.
- Marks obtained in other questions in Part B will be added to ‘S’ above to obtain the Part B score for the candidate. The final CEED score will be calculated by giving 25% weightage to marks obtained in Part A and 75% weightage to scores obtained in Part B after the above calculation
- Result Declaration Date 04th March 2019 - CEED result will be displayed on the CEED website (www.ceed.iitb.ac.in)
- The CEED 2019 score card is valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result. The CEED 2019 score card cannot be treated as a proof of date of birth, category or disability status
- Information provided in the registration form by the CEED qualified candidates will be shared with the participating institutes and may also be used for analysis
Admit Card for CEED 2019
- Admit cards will be available for downloading from the CEED website from 01st January 2019 till 19th January 2019 Please take a clear print out (in colour) of the admit card before coming to the examination centre
- CEED 2019 Examination will be conducted in the following cities:Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi,Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur,Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Vishakhapatnam.
- Candidates should compulsorily choose 3 cities in the order of preference at the time of online registration. Once the registration form is submitted, request for a change of city will NOT be entertained under any circumstances
CEED 2019 Application Form
- CEED registration form must be submitted ONLINE ONLY through the official websitewww.ceed.iitb.ac.in
Registration Fee for CEED 2019
- Rs.1300/- for all women candidates
- Rs.1300/- for (SC / ST / PwD) candidates
- Rs.2600/- for all other candidates
- The application fee has to be paid through the payment option provided on the website while submitting the application form. Credit card, debit card and net-banking options are available, and the transaction charges have to be borne the candidates
- Post clicking on Pay Fee and Submit, you are redirected to Bill desk for payment process. Enter the account number in case of Internet Banking, Card number and CVV number for Debit Card and Card number and PIN for Credit Card users. Verify and click on Pay to complete the payment process
- Candidates have to pay the CEED 2019 Application fee during the CEED 2019 Application Process
- The normal registration fee shown above is applicable till the regular closing date of 09th November 2018, 23:45 hours. A late fee of Rs.500/- is applicable to ALL candidates for registrations submitted after the regular closing date till 16th November 2018, 23:45 hours
ceed syllabus - Check the syllabus online on the official website.
Common Entrance Examination for Design
Contact Address: Chairperson, JEE (Advanced)-UCEED-CEED 2019, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai-400076; Phone No.: +91-22-25767061, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.ceed.iitb.ac.in