Govt. of Tamil Nadu DTE Part Time Engineering Admission 2018-19
Admission to Part Time B.E./B.Tech. Degree Courses 2018-19
Department of Technical Education (DTE), Government of Tamil Nadu invited application for the eligible candidates for admission to Part Time B.E./B.Tech. Degree Courses for the year 2018-19
Also See : Engineering Entrance Exams
- Issue of Notification: 05th April 2018
- Activation of Online Application form: 05th April 2018
- Last date of Submission of Application form - Online: 10th May 2018 4:00 p.m.
- Hard Copy of Application should reach to CIT, Coimbatore: 12th May 2018 5:00 p.m.
- Status of Application: 19th May 2018
- Office for clarification by Applicant @ C.I.T., Coimbatore: 26th May & 27th May 2018
- Announcement for Ranking: 30th May 2018 10:00 a.m.
- Counselling for Civil & Textile: 02nd June 2018
- Counselling for Mechanical: 02nd June 2018
- Counselling for Electrical Branches (EEE/ECE/CSE): 02nd June 2018
Colleges & Courses of Study
- The following branches of study to the B.E. /B Tech Degrees are offered on Part Time basis as an Evening Program in the following Govt. and Government Aided Engineering Colleges
- Thanthai Periyar Govt. Institute of Technology, Vellore-632002 - Mechanical Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Govt. College of Engineering, Bargur-635104 - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Govt. College of Engineering, Salem-636011 - Civil Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore-641013 - Civil Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Alagappa Chettiar College of Eng& Technology, Karaikudi-630004 - Civil Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Govt. College of Engineering, Tirunelveli-627007 - Civil Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering Computer Science and Engineering
Duration of the Program
- The duration of the Program is 3½ Academic years comprising 7 semesters
- The Eligibility for Admission to Part-time B.E./B.Tech. Degree courses are given below:
- Candidates satisfying the eligibility conditions given below as on the last date of submission of application are eligible to apply. No change in claims made in application will be permitted after the last date for submission of application
- Tamil Nadu candidates who have passed IX, X and Diploma in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not enclose Nativity Certificate.
- Other State candidates who have passed IX, X, XI, XII and Diploma in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not enclose Nativity Certificate.
- Tamil Nadu Native candidates who have passed any of the IX, X, XI, XII, Diploma from the Institutions situated outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. They should enclose a copy of Nativity Certificate
- Candidate should have pass any one of the 3 years Diploma course in appropriate branch of Engineering/ Technology of the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu from an AICTE approved institution or its equivalent
Mode of Study
- The mode of Diploma study shall be Full Time or Lateral Entry or Part Time. Distance mode of study is not permitted
Year of Qualifying for Diploma
- Candidates should have passed the Diploma examination at least two years before the last date prescribed for submission of application.
- There is no age limit for seeking admission to Part time B.E. / B. Tech. Degree Courses
Employment and Place of Work
- The employed candidates who are applying for admission to Part time B.E./B. Tech degree courses in the above engineering college should necessarily be employed in Tamil Nadu state only and the distance from the place of work to the college in which candidate desire to study should be within 90 km
- 3% of the seats are reserved for physically handicapped candidates
- Prescribed application form can be had in person or by post (by enclosing a self-addressed envelope of size 35 cms x 25 cms duly affixing postage stamp to the value of Rs.50/-) from the sale centres on written requisition accompanied by a DD for Rs.300/- (Rupees 150/- in respect of SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Part time B.E./B.Tech admissions, Coimbatore”, payable at Coimbatore
- The SC/ST candidates shall produce attested Xerox copy of the community certificate at the time of receiving application
- All entries in the application form must be made legibly by the candidate in his / her own handwriting
- The name should be entered as found in the SSLC or its equivalent certificate. Change in name/initial, if any, should be supported with Gazette notification. In the case of women candidates, other valid evidences such as marriage registration certificate will be accepted
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here