University of Calcutta announces Admission to PhD Program in Statistics 2019
University of Calcutta PhD Statistics Admission 2019 – University of Calcutta invites applications from interested candidates for admission into PhD Program in Statistics for the year 2019.
University of Calcutta PhD Statistics Admission 2019 Important Dates:
- Date of Advertisement: 01st August 2019
- Last date of submission of application form: 20th August 2019
- Date of common written test: 04th September 2019 (12 noon-3 pm)
- Result of common written test: 12th September 2019
- Date of interview: 19th September 2019 (from 12 noon)
- Date of publication of selection list: 26th September 2019
No. of seats: 6
See: PHD Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta PhD Statistics Admission 2019
- Candidates with M.Sc or equivalent degree in Statistics and allied subjects from any UGC recognized University/Institute with 55% marks in aggregate (SC / ST/OBC with 50% marks) are eligible to apply for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
(a) In case of candidates from other Universities, admission for the Ph.D. Programme will proceed after determination of equivalence by the relevant University body and fulfillment of the admission criteria.
(b) Foreign students will be required to produce clearance from the government of India and/or other appropriate authorities, if any, for admission to the Ph.D. Programme. Enrolment in the PhD Programme may be allowed to only such foreign nationals have obtained and are holding research visa.
(c) The non-creamy layer certificate would have to be submitted by OBC candidates.
- Reservation will be followed as per West Bengal Higher Educational Institutions (Reservations in admission) Rules 2013
- The admission procedure consists of a written test followed by an interview for candidates successful in the same. Those who have cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF) examinations/ NET/SET (Mathematical Sciences)/ GATE (Mathematics) or hold DST INSPIRE Fellowship/Teachers’ Fellowship or have obtained M.Phil degree in Statistics and allied subjects or M.Tech (QR&OR) degree of ISI prior to the application deadline will be exempted from the written examination but will have to appear in the interview.
- There will be 24 short answer type questions of 5 marks each out of which one has to answer 15 questions.
- The qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50%
Candidates successful in the written examination would have to compete with other eligible candidates who have already cleared NET/SET/GATE/M.Phil/ M.Tech (QR&OR) at the interview stage. The list of finally selected candidates would be posted in the University website and Departmental Notice Board.
- Candidates selected for the final interview will be required to submit by a specified date a statement of Purpose (SoP) that should at least contain his/her areas of interest before the interview. However, the selection committee may, at its discretion, require a candidate to opt for a topic/area other than his/her initial choice before admitting him/her into the PhD programme. The final date for submitting the SoP will be announced along with the intimation for the interview.
University of Calcutta PhD Statistics Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application Forms may be downloaded from the University Website caluniv.ac.in
- The filled in application form together with self attested copies of academic documents and reservation certificates should be submitted at the departmental office between 12.00 noon and 03.00 pm on all working days on or before 20th August 2019, after payment of the prescribed application fee of Rs.100/-
- Please note that candidates who are eligible for waiver of the written test are also required to complete and submit the application form by the above deadline
For more details visit the official website
University of Calcutta
87, 1, College, St, Calcutta University, College Square, Kolkata West Bengal 700073