NIT Delhi announces Admission to PhD Program for Autumn Semester of 2019-20
NIT Delhi PhD Admissions 2019 – National Institute of Technology (NIT), Delhi is inviting Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D programme in various Engineering, Sciences and Management disciplines for the Autumn Semester of Academic Session 2019-20.
The application from complete in all respect must reach the office of the Registrar latest by 5:00 PM on 13th July 2019. The complete details along with the application form can be downloaded from the institute website.
PhD Program AY: 2019-20 (Autumn Semester)
- Applications are invited for admission to PhD (Full-Time/Part-Time/Sponsored) Program in the following Departments/Broad Area of Research for Autumn Semester of the academic year 2019-20
- Available PhD positions with institute fellowship and other financial support
- (1) Electrical & Electronics Engineering; (2) Electronics & Communication Engineering; (3) Computer Science and Engineering; (4) Mechanical Engineering; (5) Applied Sciences (a) Mathematics; (b) Physics; (c) Chemistry; (d) Humanities and Management; (e) Environmental Studies
Total No. of tentative PhD admissions are 28 (twenty eight) (with MHRD scholarship), however the number of seats for PhD may vary. Institute has the right to admit or not to admit the candidate(s).
- There are three categories under NIT PhD Admission:
- Full time- Stipendiary Category
- Full time- Project Category
- Full time- Non Stipendiary Category
NIT’s also offers PhD (Part time – External / On campus categories) which are classified as
- Part time (external)
- Part time (on-campus)
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
NIT Delhi PhD Admissions 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 13th July 2019
- Display of List of eligible candidates 20th July 2019
- Date of Written Test (If required): 27th July 2019
- Interview/Presentation: 28th July 2019
- Display of Provisional List of selected candidates: To be notified later
- Reporting date for admission/registration and deposition of Fee: To be notified later
- Commencement of Regular Classes: To be notified later
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Delhi PhD Admissions 2019
- Mandatory Requirement: The candidate must have qualified score in the GATE/NET in related branch of Engineering/Technology/Science of any year.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications for Admission
- PhD in Relevant Engineering: Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in the relevant area of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology or equivalent with a first class or equivalent Grade Point at Master’s and/or Bachelor’s level.
- PhD in Sciences/Humanities/Mgt.: Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of Science/Humanities/Social Sciences/Management or equivalent with a first class or equivalent Grade Point. The candidate must also have a valid GATE score or NET certificate.
- PhD in Cognitive Engineering/Science Specializations: Master’s Degree in Engineering /Science/Technology or equivalent in the following cognitive areas of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in branch of Engineering/Science/Technology or equivalent with a first class or minimum 60% marks or equivalent Grade Point at Master’s and/or Bachelor’s level.
- The candidate will be selected on the basis of Screening Test and Interview.
- It will be of MCQ mode having 60 Questions to be attempted in 1.5 Hour. A candidate securing at least 40% marks in the screening test shall be declared qualified for the selection process. The syllabus for the written test will be the same as latest GATE/NET syllabus in related branch of Engineering/Technology/Science.
- The candidates who have qualified the screening test will be called for the interview. At the time of interview, candidates will be asked to present their research interest/area along with interaction with the subject experts.
- The reservation rules will be followed as per Govt. of India guidelines prevailing at the time of admission. Category (General/OBC/SC/ST/PH) once chosen by the applicant in his/her application form shall not be changed at a later stage.
- Candidate(s) claiming any reservation category shall attach a valid caste certificate (In case of OBC – not older than six months) along with the application.
NIT Delhi PhD Admissions 2019 Application Process
- The application form can be downloaded from the institute website www.nitdelhi.ac.in
- Candidates are advised to visit the institute website: www.nitdelhi.ac.in for frequent updates. A candidate interested in applying in more than one department/ category shall be required to submit separate application forms along with appropriate fees and documents.
- A non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH candidates) is to be paid through a crossed demand draft drawn in favour of Director, National Institute of Technology Delhi payable at Delhi.
- Sponsored candidates should send their applications through proper channel. Late applications shall not be entertained.
- Incomplete applications and applications received after the due date will not be considered for admission.
- The envelope must be superscripted as “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO the PhD PROGRAMME (Full-Time /Sponsored) IN THE DEPARTMENT OF _________________under the student Category”.
- Application form duly filled, accompanied by self-attested Photostat copies of the relevant certificates/testimonials/documents, along with original demand draft should be sent to the following address latest by 5:00 PM on 13th July 2019.
- The Registrar, National Institute of Technology Delhi, Sector A-7, Institutional Area, IAMR Campus, Narela, Delhi – 110040.
National Institute of Technology Delhi Sector A-7, Institutional Area, Near Satyawadi Raja Harish Chandra Hospital, Narela, Delhi – 110040, Phone No. 011 –33861005, 33861006, Email: Assistant Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.nitdelhi.ac.in.