National Archives of India (NAI) announces admission to 1Year Diploma Course in Archives and Records Management 2019
NAI Diploma Course in Archives Management 2019 – School of Archival Studies, National Archives of India (NAI), Janpath, New Delhi invites application for admission to & One-Year Diploma Course in Archives and Records Management for the session 2019-20.
Candidates can read the complete detail of National Archives of India (NAI) Diploma Course Admission 2019 such as application forms, eligibility criteria & other information on this page given below.
Duration: One year
- To train the candidates in various disciplines of Archival Studies viz. Records Management, Conservation, Reprography and Information Sciences and to produce highly competent professionals in the field of Archives.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
NAI Diploma Course in Archives Management 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Receipt of Application Form: 06th September 2019
- Course Begins from: 4th November 2019
Eligibility Criteria for NAI Diploma Course in Archives Management 2019
- M.A (History) second class with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with one optional paper in Modern Indian History (Post 1750 period.) from a recognized university Or M.A. in other streams of Social Sciences i.e. Anthropology, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Linguistics, etc. with minimum 50% marks from a recognized University (Or).
- M.Sc. in Applied/ Physical Sciences with minimum 50% marks from a recognized University.
- Out of total 30 seats, 10 seats are reserved for Master Degree in History and 10 seats for other streams, i.e. M.A. in Social Sciences, M.Sc in Applied/ Physical Sciences etc. and 10 seats are reserved for sponsored candidates.
- Reservation of seats as per Government of India norms for SC/ST/OBC/person with disability.
- Below 30 years for private candidates and below 50 years for sponsored candidates
- For 20 seats meant for Private Candidates, admission would be made through a written test followed by an interview. Admission is made purely on merit basis.
- For sponsored candidate there is no entrance test and they are admitted purely on the basis of sponsorship of the employer/ department and recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- 10 scholarships of the value of Rs.3000/- p.m. are awarded purely on the basis of merit. Six Stipends of Rs.1500/- p.m. are awarded to sponsored candidates.
NAI Diploma Course in Archives Management 2019 Application Process
- The prescribed application form may be downloaded from the National Archives of India website nationalarchives.nic.in
- Application along with attested copies of educational qualification and registration fee of One Year Diploma Course is Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only) for Indian and SAARC countries and US$ 40/- from foreign candidates (excluding SAARC countries) through crossed Indian Postal Orders/Bank Draft in favour of Administrative Officer, National Archives of India, Janpath, New Delhi-110001, be sent to the Director General of Archives, National Archives of India, Janpath, New Delhi-110001
- Sponsored candidates should apply through proper channel, as Registration fee for both private and sponsored candidates be sent to The Director General of Archives, National Archives of India, Janpath, New Delhi-110001
- Sponsored candidates should apply through proper channel.
- Rs.1500/- (Rupees one thousand five hundred only) for both private and sponsored candidates including SAARC countries and US $ 500 (for foreign candidates), non- refundable, to be paid at the time of admission
- Boarding & Lodging: The School has no such facilities
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
NAI, New Delhi
School of Archival Studies, National Archives of India (NAI), Janpath, New Delhi 110001, Tel. No. 011-23383436, Email: email@example.com, website nationalarchives.nic.in