Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU) announces Common Entrance Test (CET) for Admission to PhD and M.Phil Program 2021
MKU PhD & M.Phil Admission 2021 – Madurai Kamaraj University invites applications for Admission to Ph.D. (Full Time/Part Time)/ M.Phil. (Regular) Program in various disciplines for the academic year 2021-22 through Common Entrance Test (CET)
MKU PhD & M.Phil Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Opening of Online Registration Portal : 15th July 2021
- Last date for submission of online application : 13rd August 2021
- Duration of Entrance Test : 02:00 hrs
- Date and Time of Entrance Test (Online Objective Examination) : Will be notified
Eligibility Criteria for MKU PhD & M.Phil Admission 2021
- For M.Phil. / Ph.D. Programme : Candidates willing to register for Ph.D Programme should have a Bachelor’s degree as well as a Master’s Degree (10+2+3+2 pattern or equivalent in that order) of this university or any other university recognized by this university as equivalent thereto in concerned disciplines with not less than 55% of marks in the aggregate marks in Master’s Degree.
- Relaxation: A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-abled /SC/ST categories of candidates as per the decision of the authority from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Note:Those who claimed relaxation under OBC Non Creamy Layer/ SC/ ST/ Differently-abled to upload the relevant certificate in Online Ph.D/M.Phil Registration form.
- Students who are pursuing their final year PG Course may also apply for the Common Entrance Examination for Ph.D programmes. The Pass Certificate will be issued only on production of attested copy of Cumulative Mark Statement ensuring minimum eligible percentage of marks in PG Degree.
MKU PhD & M.Phil Admission 2021 Application Process
- The interested and eligible candidates may apply online mode through http://mkuniversity.ac.in/
- Please read all instructions before filling the online application.
- For Ph.D : Rs. 2,000/- (Rs.1,000/- for SC/ST Students)
- For M.Phil : Rs. 1,500/- (Rs.750/- for SC/ST Students)
- Mode of Payment : Through “SBI I Collect online payment link”
- By integrating the entrance test marks and the performance of the candidate in the interview, the department research committee shall rank the candidates on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test and the interview.
Online Entrance Test
- The online entrance test shall be conducted by the University and shall comprise of two parts with duration of two hours.
- The Entrance tests shall be of objective type with a maximum of 50 marks each part. The first part includes Research aptitude, English comprehension, logic and general reasoning and the second part shall be in the subject concerned in which the candidate is willing to pursue the Ph.D degree.
- The online Entrance test centres are (1) Madurai (2) Coimbatore (3) Dindigul (4) Chennai (5) Sivakasi (6) Thoothukudi (7) Trichy (8) Tirunelveli and (9) Virudhunagar (Subject to change depending upon the minimum strength).
For more details and apply online visit the official website