IIRS announces Admission to M.Sc. and PG Diploma Program 2019
IIRS M.Sc. and PG Diploma Admission 2019 – IIRS invites applications from interested candidates for admission to M.Sc. and PG diploma courses for the academic session 2019
- M.Sc course – To develop a critical understanding of appropriate tools; exposure to new methods and techniques; gaining competence in developing tools for the acquisition, processing, transformation, analysis, modeling, storage and presentation of spatial data; using geo- information in identifying and responding to development problems and in drafting development policies; developing research skills to design and undertake research and development projects in various fields of geoinformatics.
- PG Diploma- The programme aims to provide in-depth understanding of remote sensing, satellite image analysis, Geographic Information System (GIS) and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) technologies and their applications in various fields viz., agriculture and soils, forestry & ecology, geosciences, water resources, marine and atmospheric sciences, urban and regional studies, large-scale mapping, disaster management studies, etc.
IIRS M.Sc. and PG Diploma Admission 2019 Important dates
- Last date to apply for M.Sc. 29th March 2019
- Last date to apply for P.G diploma in RS & GIS 15th April 2019
- Tentative date for M.Sc. entrance exam 4th-6th May 2019
PG diploma course will be offered in remote sensing and GIS with following specialization:
Agriculture and Soils:
- Eligibility: M.Sc. (Soil Sci./Agromet./Entomology/Pathology/Agron./Plant Physiol./Hort./ Agric. Botany/Soil Conservation & Water Management/Climate Change Adaptation) / Env. Sci. (OR) B.E./B.Tech. (Agril. Engg./Agri. Informatics/Agri. & Food Engg.) (OR) B.Sc. Agriculture/Horticulture/ Sericulture (4-years degree) (OR) Master’s in Geography.
Forest Resources and Ecosystem Analysis
- Eligibility: M.Sc.(Forestry/Ecology/Botany/Wildlife Sci./Biosci./Zoology/Env. Sci./Env. Mgmt. /Natural Resources Management/Life Sci./Plant Sci.) (OR) 4 years B.Sc. (Forestry/Biotech./Forest Biotech./Bioinformatics) (OR) B.E./BTech.(Biotech./Forest Biotech./ Bioinformatics/ Environmental Engg.) (OR) Master’s in Geography.
Also See: List of Entrance Exams after Graduation
- Eligibility: M.Sc./M.Sc.(Tech.)/M.Tech. (Geol./Appl. Geol./Geophy./Earth Sci./Geoexplor./Petrol. Engg./Geo-Engg./ Mining Engg./Geography) (OR) B.Tech./B.E. (Civil Engg./Geosci./Petrol. Engg./Mining Engg./ Mineral Processing)
Natural Hazards and disaster risk management:
- Eligibility: Master’s (Disaster Mgmt./Natural Resource Mgmt./ Env. Mgmt./Meteorology) (OR) M.Sc. (Phy./Maths/ Chem./Botany/Zool./Geol./Earth Sci./Env. Sci./Marine Sci./Atm. Sci./Agri./ Forestry) (OR) B.Arch./ B.Plan./M.Plan. (OR) B.E./ B.Tech. (Civil Engg./Env. Engg./Geosci./ Geoexplorer./Geo-Engg./Earthquake Engg./IT/Comp. Sci.) (OR) B.Sc. (Forestry/ Agric., 4 years deg.) (OR) Master’s in Geography.
Urban & Regional Studies
- Eligibility: Master’s (Plan./Arch./Civil/Comp. Sci./Geoinformatics/Env. Sci. or equivalent) (OR) B.Plan./ B.Arch. or equivalent (OR) B.E./B.Tech. (Civil/Comp. Sci./Geoinformatics or equivalent) (OR) Master’s in Geography.
Satellite image analysis & Photogrammetry
- Eligibility: M.Sc./M.Tech. (Phy./Appl. Phy./Maths/Chem./Stat./Appl. Maths/Comp. Sci./IT/Geoinform./ Geomatics/ Remote Sensing/Civil Engg. or equivalent) (OR) B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. Engg. (Civil/ Electronics/Electrical/ ECE/Comp. Sci./IT/Geomatics/Geoinform./Remote Sensing or equivalent) (OR) M.Sc.in Geography
- Eligibility: Master’s (Geol. / Env. Sci.) Or B.E./B.Tech (Civil Engg./ Agril. Engg. / Water res. Engg./ Structural Engg.)
Spatial Data Science
- Eligibility: B.E./BTech./B.Sc. (Engg.) (four year degree) (Comp. Sci./Comp. Engg./IT or equivalent (OR) M.Sc./M.Tech. in Computer Science (OR) M.Sc. (Physics/Maths/Statistics) with minimum six months Certificate course in Computer Programming from a recognised UGC/AICTE university/institute or a govt. organization.
Minimum Percentage: 55 percent in the qualifying degree
Also See: Entrance Exams for Jobs after Graduation
For Self financed students and also for Govt. Sponsored/Nominated candidates:
- Selection for admission to P.G. Diploma course is generally based on merit considering the academic record. However, institute may also decide conducting interviews of eligible/short-listed candidates for selection.
M.Sc. in Geo-information Science & Earth Observation with specialization in Geoinformatics
- M.Sc./M.Tech. (Phy./Appl. Phy./Electron./Maths/Appl. Maths/Stat./IT/Comp. Sci./Geology/ Geophysics/ Geo-Engg./Agriculture/ Forestry/Env. Sci.) (OR) B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.(Engg.)/B.Sc. (with 4 years deg. course) in Civil/ECE/Electron./Comp. Sci./IT/Electrical/Geoinformatics/ Geomatics/Agri. Engg./ Geosci./ Petrol. Engg./Mining Engg./Agri. Inform./Forest Inform./ Agriculture/Forestry or equivalent (OR) B.Arch./B.Plan./M.Arch./M.Plan. (OR) Master’s in Geography (OR) Govt. officials having B.Sc. degree
Selection Procedure: Selection will be made on the basis of entrance exam.
- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata, Nagpur, Raipur, Varanasi, Thiruvananthapuram.
Exam Tentative Date: 4th – 6th May 2019
Age: 45 years
Minimum Percentage: 60 percent in qualifying degree
IIRS M.Sc. amd PG Diploma Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online through website: https://admissions.iirs.gov.in
- The application fee for all the above courses is Rs. 1000/-
For more details please visit the official website: https://admissions.iirs.gov.in
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS)
National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Indian Space Research Organization Dept. of Space, Govt. of India, Dehradun-248001